Hot Valley Writers 100 Word Challenge

Check us out at hotvalleywriters.com. Come on, you can write 100 words of something, right?

imagephoto 747ec60b-3da4-452e-9628-c6557e444ab5_zps8c21f071.jpg" />

And if you're bored, check out my - gulp - author page.

http://annlewishamilton.com/

Comments

• Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    Does it have to be exactly 100 words?
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    As long as it's under 100 words. We did a 100 word issue once before - if you look in the archive you can see it. It's really fun to do.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I sent one in. It was fun because I had to keep trimming it and rewriting it to get it under 100! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Thanks - it's really cool to do. I wrote two in the last 100 word issue. One was about the kid who put dog crap in snowballs. Glad you tried it. Now we have to get more people, right?

Everybody, what are you waiting for?
    Okay, I've got one. Now it's just cutting it down. This is going to be challenging. Does this include conjunctions and what not?
    Yep. Less than one hundred words. I haven't done mine yet and I don't know what I'm doing.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Shared my morning thoughts while shaving in an entry.
    Most times I am reviewing the many theories on why 'Dinosaurs' didn't enjoy a longer run as a sitcom OR how it could be that The Shield characters never did a cross over with Rescue Me characters...so the fact that today's thoughts were able to get under 100 words impressed me.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    It's hard, isn't it? There's a weird blog called Six Sentences - yeah, and that's what it is. Six sentences.
    Check out a book called 420. Genius.
    Just ordered 420. Looks fantastic. Thanks.

I realized I should probably add a link to my blog - it's about eReaders versus regular books.

http://mybookclubforone.blogspot.com/
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Jason78 said:

Author? I search on amazon and find all sorts of pot stuff. ;)
    btw, just pre-ordered your book on Amazon, it looks interesting! You should start a page here letting people know that you have a book coming out like Roger and Jonny did for theirs. Shoot me the link if you do and I can bump in support. Have poetry and novels written by fellow 10c-ers and I think it is pretty cool!

btw, just pre-ordered your book on Amazon, it looks interesting! You should start a page here letting people know that you have a book coming out like Roger and Jonny did for theirs. Shoot me the link if you do and I can bump in support. Have poetry and novels written by fellow 10c-ers and I think it is pretty cool!

Thanks. I know I have to get the word out there - I suck at self promotion though and it feels creepy. Roger and Jonny and I share that feeling, I think. Here's my FB author page. I should post all this in AET. The book comes out in July.

https://www.facebook.com/annlewishamiltonauthor?ref=hl

Sorry I dont do FaceTard. :) (I despise Facebook.)
    I dont think there is anything wrong with throwing it out there and letting some of the rest of us tout it for you!

Jason78 said:

Author? I search on amazon and find all sorts of pot stuff. ;)
    My bad. 420 Characters. Lou Beach.
    I just had to bump this cause we're still looking for submissions. And I got bookmarks for my book the other day and I think they look awesome. (They were done by the publisher.)

photo b6fbef13-3d5a-4e3a-a2ba-af638f44ec7d_zpsdca45738.jpg

^^ Very cool!
    Pre-order came in today from Amazon, it will slot 'next' on the book list. (And 4 other books sitting on my nightstand just cried out in protest....:) )
    How exciting for you, good luck!
    (Did you post a thread here announcing your release?)
    Thanks. It's kind of making me nervous. I posted about the publication in AET. And there's a cool blog post that went up today that mentions the book.
    http://dearreader.typepad.com/
    good luck!