Easter Sunday

Where are you going?
Who is doing the cooking?
What are you feasting on?

I am having Kathy's side of the family over to my house.
Thinking of cooking the traditional Ham dinner.
Some veggies, baby carrots and asparagus.
Scalloped Potatoes

So where are you going, and what is on the menu?
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    wasn't this last week?
    www.myspace.com
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Depending on my aunt's health, dinner might be at my house or theirs.
    The main course is still tbd--it is a toss up between ham or bbq spare ribs. Salad. Smoked salmon. Mashed potatoes. Etc. Maybe strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert.
    Chocolate, lots of chocolate.
    The meal is secondary--it is really about the family getting together. And the egg hunt afterwards, of course.
    ;)
    ELITIST FUK
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    Sounds delicious....I usually host Easter dinner, it typically involves turkey with all the trimmings. I have to do inventory this year, so no turkey for us.
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    I'm hanging with friend's and have been tasked with bringing augratin potatos. -- Yummy.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • oysterjaroysterjar Posts: 1,235
    Nearly every family member within 500 miles is coming to our house. Time to put on my "Griswold 00" jersey and hide the chainsaws.

Wind this thing up.

• FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    14 immediately family members gonna be feasting on Ham at my parent's house.

2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • i'll be hungover and then i will scrounge for food when i finally get out of bed.

:fp:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    white widow
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    Going over to brothers house we are doing sea food ...
    my sister in law just got breast implants i'm gonna start a " Show us the implants chant " after dessert ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

my sister in law just got breast implants i'm gonna start a " Show us the implants chant " after dessert ...

=))

Wind this thing up.

• oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    We live hundreds of miles from our closest relatives. 11 years ago, my bestie was in a horrible head-on collision. She had multiple contusions and abrasions, a huge cut on her wrist and badly fractured ankle. Her husband didn't fare so well, and he was still in the hospital when she was dismissed, a few days before Easter. I had a 2 month old and a four year old at the time, and we decided neither of us were in a place to cook, so we got Chinese take-out for Easter. It was wonderful, and it has been our family tradition ever since. No cooking except for a dessert. It is my holiday off. :D
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    oysterjar said:

=))

Yep banging hands on table heck i'll even get my pops to go along with me :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    edited April 2014

You got to test them too to feel the difference between natural and artificial, maybe even motorboat action.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Poncier said:

You got to test them too to feel the difference between natural and artificial, maybe even motorboat action.

have her show you how they glow in the dark too...

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

oysterjar said:

=))

Yep banging hands on table heck i'll even get my pops to go along with me :)
    Nothing I do on sunday will compare to what you have planned.

Wind this thing up.

At some point this weekend, I'll be watching "Jesus Christ Superstar."
    ELITIST FUK
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    SD48277 said:

Great idea!! think I'll dust off my copy and watch it too. It always makes me wanna dance around.

Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Easter Saturday is the day for us. I will be throwing dinner at my place and we are having chicken with saffron and vegetables, fruits and rice. There will be a three meal course all in all. Asparagus for starters, chocolate for dessert. Can't wait, will be fun.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    I could have bought the traditional ham.
    I should have bought the traditional ham.
    It would have been a whole hell of a lot cheaper to buy the traditional ham.

And now I have a 10lb standing rib roast sitting in my fridge.

:@)
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I am impressed, Speedy. I've never had the courage to tackle a standing rib roast. Good for you! What time will dinner be served? :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421

I am impressed, Speedy. I've never had the courage to tackle a standing rib roast. Good for you! What time will dinner be served? :D

Rib Roast is simple.
    Just rub it with some olive oil, throw some salt and pepper on it.
    Pre-heat the oven to 450 and cook the roast for 15 minutes.
    Then lower the oven to 325, and cook for 25 minutes per lb.

So simple.

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

Rib Roast is simple.
    Just rub it with some olive oil, throw some salt and pepper on it.
    Pre-heat the oven to 450 and cook the roast for 15 minutes.
    Then lower the oven to 325, and cook for 25 minutes per lb.

So simple.
    So it just LOOKS intimidating! Awesome, thanks! Now I've got to try it.
    Not for this Sunday though. We are all going out for dinner at my mom's request.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662

I could have bought the traditional ham.
    I should have bought the traditional ham.
    It would have been a whole hell of a lot cheaper to buy the traditional ham.

And now I have a 10lb standing rib roast sitting in my fridge.

:@)

As a guy who dislikes ham, what time is dinner?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    lazloblue said:

SD48277 said:

Great idea!! think I'll dust off my copy and watch it too. It always makes me wanna dance around.

One of my favorite soundtracks ever!

It's ironic, because I was raised Jewish and this was a staple of my music growing up. My husband was raised Catholic and his was Fiddler on the Roof :D
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633
    Sleeping in.
    Hiding my own Easter eggs.
    Playing challenging, mind strengthening games like Yahtzee.
    Eating.
    Drinking.
    Watching a movie, listening to some music.

Gonna be a great day!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    My baby (he's sixteen now!) told me he's too old to color eggs this year. I guess it had to happen sometime! :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    wait....so you're telling me i missed fucking easter AGAIN?
    www.myspace.com

wait....so you're telling me i missed fucking easter AGAIN?

It's tomorrow...you still have time.
    ELITIST FUK
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    My wife left for work this afternoon, having my cousin over for dinner later. Was gonna cook a leg of lamb but cousin doesn't eat lamb.......Steak it is.

Also celebrating 4/20 ;)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    It's my birthday, but everyone is busy with Easter stuff, while I'm an atheist, lol. So I'm going to go use the gift cards that people gave me over the weekend - easter/birthday/420 shopping spree!! Whee!
    (I should probably get high later too - it's only proper :P )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata