While at the hospital...

My grandmother has been very ill for the past few weeks. On Thursday, she was admitted into the hospital. She is now in ICU, but she does appear to be on the mend. My mother has been staying with her almost around the clock. When it is not ICU visiting hours, my mother spends her time in the ICU waiting room. There is another woman, whose husband is most likely dying in there with my mother, along with a man who appears to be homeless. He is making my mother and this other woman extremely uncomfortable. I offered to say something to the hospital staff, but my mother does not want to. I personally would feel bad having him removed, but at the same time, he is making this extremely stressful time for families even more stressful. My mother is afraid to leave anything in the waiting area when she goes into the ICU for visiting hours, and he is constantly staring at her. At night, my mother uses her purse as a pillow, just in case she falls asleep. He is using the ICU phone like a personal telephone and leaving to meet people, as well as having people meet him. I feel like I may be being a bit judgmental. Most likely, he is not a threat. However, I feel that if he is putting more stress on people who are already undergoing extremely stressful situations, and he needs to find another place to stay. Should I call the hospital and ask that they send somebody to patrol that waiting area? I do not understand why, but it appears that this area of the hospital, which is next to the chapel, is not patrolled very well by security. I just want to ask other's opinions on if I should say anything to the hospital staff. Thanks:)
Hearts and thoughts they fade....
fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.

Comments

• shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    edited April 2014
    i would say something

i hope your grandmother is better soon
    Post edited by shortstack on
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

i would say something

i hope your grandmother is better soon

I agree. Best wishes to your grandmother.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I'm with both replies up there. You don't appear judgmental at all to me, just concerned.

My thought is homeless or not, if there's not a legitimate need to be there, then he shouldn't be.

Hospital waiting rooms are a bitch; it's so stressful to begin with - especially the ICU - that I'd hope any added and unnecessary burden could be lifted.

Good wishes from here too.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    Wait so the hospital is not aware that there is a homeless person staying there in the waiting room .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • oysterjaroysterjar Posts: 1,235

Wait so the hospital is not aware that there is a homeless person staying there in the waiting room .

I don't see how that is possible but ultimately its always your call when you feel uncomfortable to say something. I hope all is well with your grandmother.

Wind this thing up.

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    I agree just talk to the hospital staff they are there for you :)
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Best wishes to your grandma ... Talk to hospital security.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon