Options

Coke Bottle Ten photos

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:

"old" jackets that are stamped

I dunno. Didn't newbury comics have these pressed? That would mean that they simply got permission from Sony to reproduce the record, meaning that the copyright date wouldn't have changed. I work for a university press, and if a third party paid us to reproduce one of our books in some different format (let's say they wanted to create a digital copy for a blind person's reading software) the copyright date would still be whatever date we last printed the book and under our name, not the date when the third party reproduced it or the third party's name.
    that makes sense!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    edited April 2014
    Yes, and also, i checked the Ten and Vs reissues and both have the original copyright date AND a new copyright date, but Sony released those originally and the second time (and remastered Ten... Was Vs. Remastered??), while in this case a third party reproduced what Sony still owns the copyright to since 2009. Plus, is Sony in the habit of printing 2000 spare album covers and then just leave them empty in some room for 5 years until some comic book store asks to number them and press coloured versions of the vinyl?? I'm thinking no.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes, and also, i checked the Ten and Vs reissues and both have the original copyright date AND a new copyright date, but Sony released those originally and the second time (and remastered Ten... Was Vs. Remastered??), while in this case a third party reproduced what Sony still owns the copyright to since 2009. Plus, is Sony in the habit of printing 2000 spare album covers and then just leave them empty in some room for 5 years until some comic book store asks to number them and press coloured versions of the vinyl?? I'm thinking no.

yes vs and vitalogy were remastered I believe. Ten was both remastered and remixed. I was thinking more along the lines of a file somewhere with the cover print, as most everything is computerized. It would be easy to just run off another 2000.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

yes vs and vitalogy were remastered I believe. Ten was both remastered and remixed. I was thinking more along the lines of a file somewhere with the cover print, as most everything is computerized. It would be easy to just run off another 2000.

Well the cover is clearly the same as the old one aside from the number, so yes, of course it came from a computer file. But I think the idea was that the copyright date said 2009 because these covers were printed in 2009 (as opposed to being printed this year with an updated copyright date). That is likely not the case.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well the cover is clearly the same as the old one aside from the number, so yes, of course it came from a computer file. But I think the idea was that the copyright date said 2009 because these covers were printed in 2009 (as opposed to being printed this year with an updated copyright date). That is likely not the case.
    Gotcha
  • Options
    sherlock fucking holmes. i'm pissed I missed one... such is life.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PJ_Soul said:

"old" jackets that are stamped

I dunno. Didn't newbury comics have these pressed? That would mean that they simply got permission from Sony to reproduce the record, meaning that the copyright date wouldn't have changed. I work for a university press, and if a third party paid us to reproduce one of our books in some different format (let's say they wanted to create a digital copy for a blind person's reading software) the copyright date would still be whatever date we first published that edition of the book and under our name, not the date when the third party reproduced it or the third party's name. Copyright dates don't change unless the actual.content of the material changes. I.e. print reruns with updated cover art don't get a new copyright date, but instead a new PRINT date on the publishing info page.

Not that them just using old covers isn't possible. It's just not the only conclusion to make.... I would think that seeing the actual record label or the insert might clear things up a bit.
    Yes. Pretty sure the copyright date would reflect the year that edition was copyrighted--the Redux version... 2009.

And boy that sticker on the front is pretty fucking obnoxious.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Lol, yeah it is. It's a shame they didn't design new cover art or at least use a different colour for it, because the apartment beige jacket is by far the ugliest Pearl Jam album cover ever. Would have been cool if they had changed it to shades of coke bottle green.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Anyone play it yet? How's it sound?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol, yeah it is. It's a shame they didn't design new cover art or at least use a different colour for it, because the apartment beige jacket is by far the ugliest Pearl Jam album cover ever. Would have been cool if they had changed it to shades of coke bottle green.

I thought for sure that they'd change it up.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It would be cool if someone who actually opens itwould post a picture of the lp.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

It would be cool if someone who actually opens it would post a picture of the lp.

Open it.. :-O :))
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

It would be cool if someone who actually opens itwould post a picture of the lp.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I will open mine when it arrives but since I'm in Canada it probably won't be here for another 8 months.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

I will open mine when it arrives but since I'm in Canada it probably won't be here for another 8 months.

Hahaha
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    I love the long, detailed conversation (debate?) over a copyright year. This place. :))
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    If these records were meant to be opened they wouldn't seal them up in the first place.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    If I had been lucky enough to get one, I would certainly be opening it up and playing it! I just wish I had been off work the day the email arrived. ):
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    on2legs said:

If these records were meant to be opened they wouldn't seal them up in the first place.

=))
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    rival. said:

I love the long, detailed conversation (debate?) over a copyright year. This place. :))

Gotta love it!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I don't understand the whole keeping it sealed thing, but that's me. every time I buy a new record (valuable or not), I tear it open & spin the hell out of it. To each, their own.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    BS44325 said:

If you bought it from Newbury Comics, I would say 2 weeks or so up here. I've bought a few from them before and they arrive pretty fast.

From 10club, I'm gonna say a 6 weeks. Always remember, when you hear a European 10club member receive his or her 10club goodie in the mail, add 2 weeks on top of that date and it'll arrive on Canada soil. Not sure why that is but that's how it's been for many year's now.
  • Options
    BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    edited April 2014
    I'm keeping mine sealed. It will be the only record or anything really I'll have thats sealed. I just see no point in opening it. We know what it sounds like, I didn't buy it to listen to. I have Ten on MP3, CD regular, CD Remastered, CD Deluxe Remastered , Vinyl Remastered and Vinyl Deluxe Remastered. As far as I know this is simply the remastered edition from the box set printed on a limited edition clear vinyl. No need to kill the value of it (should you ever want to sell it) by opening it. This thing is a limited print...there's no telling what it might be worth, sealed in a few years. I have no plans to sell mine but still, I see no point in opening them, its nothing new that we haven't heard before.

But hey, I hope everyone opens them...the fewer sealed ones there are out there the more valuable they become.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    BMo-643 said:

I'm keeping mine sealed. It will be the only record or anything really I'll have thats sealed. I just see no point in opening it. We know what it sounds like, I didn't buy it to listen to. I have Ten on MP3, CD regular, CD Remastered, CD Deluxe Remastered , Vinyl Remastered and Vinyl Deluxe Remastered. As far as I know this is simply the remastered edition from the box set printed on a limited edition clear vinyl. No need to kill the value of it (should you ever want to sell it) by opening it. This thing is a limited print...there's no telling what it might be worth, sealed in a few years. I have no plans to sell mine but still, I see no point in opening them, its nothing new that we haven't heard before.

But hey, I hope everyone opens them...the fewer sealed ones there are out there the more valuable they become.

lol
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    You're keeping it sealed because you hope it turns into a gold brick down the road. Don't deny it! =))
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    edited April 2014
    Alright, I'll be the first to post a picture of a "coke bottle green" vinyl record.
    It's NOT Pearl Jam's Ten album but a brand new record from a great young band called The She's from San Francisco.
    I happened upon their in-store appearance at Amoeba Records yesterday and, lo and behold, their new 12" EP is on "coke bottle green" vinyl!
    I bought one and the four members of The She's were happy to sign it (I wish Pearl Jam were that easy).
    Check them out on youtube - they are very, very good!
    I guess "coke bottle green" vinyl is the new flavor of the month!
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Only on2legs received his copy from Newbury Comics so far? No one else? I wonder how many copies each Newbury Comic stores across New England this Tuesday will have on their store shelves. And there's 28 stores. http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=103&deptnr=60 .
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    demetrios said:

Only on2legs received his copy from Newbury Comics so far? No one else? I wonder how many copies each Newbury Comic stores across New England this Tuesday will have on their store shelves. And there's 28 stores. http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=103&deptnr=60 .

Im in NJ by the way... Seems weird no one else got theirs yet.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited April 2014
    on2legs said:

demetrios said:

Im in NJ by the way... Seems weird no one else got theirs yet.
    I am sure enough people got theirs. I imagine most that bought up five from Newbury will be posting pics for sale the next few days on ebay. I am out west. I expect I will receive my copy tomorrow.

Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220

You're keeping it sealed because you hope it turns into a gold brick down the road. Don't deny it! =))

I mean, I do hope its value skyrockets...can't deny that. I'm an impulsive guy, I literally don't own anything thats sealed. But I don't think I'll have an issue keeping this sealed because its nothing new. Its simply the Ten Remastered album on a clear record. Don't feel the need to see it and there's nothing new on it to listen to so I feel no impulse to spin it. It will go into my PJ collection and hopefully appreciate in value...lol.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'