Options

Eddie Vedder. From daddy to father.

Has anybody else notice that Eddie Dosnt use the term "daddy" anymore? Like in Jeremy, and I think there some other songs but I can't remember them. But he only refers to him as "father"? I feel like there is some significance to this.... What do y'all think? Am I over thinking?

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Alive also. I think your over thinking it
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924

Alive also. I think your over thinking it

Yea I knew there was another one. Idk I find it strange lol but probably so..
  • Options
    DreamyDanDreamyDan netherlands/belgium Posts: 83
    maybe he finds 'daddy' sound too childish? maybe now that he's a dad himself, he finds it improper to use it? - speculating wildly here... -
    maybe he could come over here and explain... :-)
    got caught out a few times, being so used to singing 'what you thought was your daddy' in Alive, and Eddie blaring 'Father'... oops...

• Options
    I know! Same things happens to me in Jeremy...
  • Options
    DreamyDanDreamyDan netherlands/belgium Posts: 83
    he really underestimates the impact of these kind of decisions on us :-)

• Options
    Jaymz82Jaymz82 Posts: 24
    Probably because the ah-sound in father is easier to sing than the eee-sound in daddy.
    Smart choice, sounds better aswell I think
  • Options
    In Alive maybe. But not Jeremy.
  • Options
    gillsans75gillsans75 Posts: 13
    I found myself pondering over this too. I also feel it could be related to Eddie finding it too childish to say "daddy", since becoming a dad. Pure speculation, but a thought that crossed my mind. I personally feel it sounds ok in Alive, but in Jeremy, l believe it should be kept to "daddy".
    EV / London 31/7/2012 PJ / Milan 20/6/2014 PJ / Milton Keynes 11/7/2014 "I don't question our existence , l just question our modern needs..."
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! But I find that the childish aspect makes the song! Because in both situations in each song it's a child saying daddy. But idk! It's a good question to ask Ed when I meet him! ;)