Suggested pickups for tele?

So instead of focusing on homework I've been looking around for new pickups to put in my tele. I know a lot of people will probably suggest Duncans and P90s but I was looking at Fender blackguard pickups and twisted tele pickups...only problem is all the demo videos on youtube the people are playing blues. So what suggestions would you all have for playing music like PJ, Springsteen, The Who and others?

Thanks
8/23/2009[Chicago], 5/07/2010[Noblesville], 9/3/2011 [PJ20], 9/4/2011 [PJ20], 7/19/2013 [Chicago], 10/17/2014 [Moline], 8/22/2016 [Chicago], 8/18/2018 [Chicago], 8/20/2018 [Chicago]; 9/5/2023 [Chicago]; 9/7/2023 [Chicago]; 8/29/24 [Chicago]; 8/31/24 [Chicago]

Comments

• i would look at lollar pickups. can't go wrong with anything lollar makes.

http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=telecaster-pickups

if you want the who sound you are going to want something with P-90s in it. as far as i know, springsteen plays pretty stock tele pickups in his vintage teles. ed had a p-90 in the neck of his tele.

if you want a beefier tone from the tele you could maybe try a hotrail pickup, which is basically a humbucker that is shaped like a single coil pickup, the lead guitar player in my band has a tele with a hotrail and it sounds great.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    FrankS said:

So instead of focusing on homework I've been looking around for new pickups to put in my tele. I know a lot of people will probably suggest Duncans and P90s but I was looking at Fender blackguard pickups and twisted tele pickups...only problem is all the demo videos on youtube the people are playing blues. So what suggestions would you all have for playing music like PJ, Springsteen, The Who and others?

Thanks

Bwaahahaha I used to ignore my homework in favor of gear research. Anyway, I threw a Mexican strat PUP in my tele...it was okay but seemed to take away from the tele sound. I've HEARD of people throwing burstbuckers in and loving the tone.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    If your going to use the duncans don't use a hot rail,they alter the sound completely and it won't sound like a tele no more IMO,p90s are awesome,I'd go with them..