UCONN Huskies

Nobody's beating us. Napier, Boatright, Daniels. Best 3 college players this year. Best team. Best Coach. Best University.
Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I just love this team so much. Kevin Ollie has done a terrific job with this team. Can't wait for Monday night!

Two trips to the Final Four in my 5 years at UConn.

Bleed Blue!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Fuckers!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    YES!!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Champions!!!!!! Was there ever any doubt? Best guards in the country. Best coach in the country. Best Program in the country.

If it's Texas, it has to be UCONN.

National Champions - 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Shabazz - welcome to the 125/25/25 club. Other members? You might have heard of them - Larry Bird, Derrek Rose and Kemba Walker. The only 2 champions of that group? Kemba and Shabazz. It's the company you keep.

The only way to stop us it to ban us.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    So, you're saying you didn't deserve to be banned? Just curious.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Champions!!!!!! Was there ever any doubt? Best guards in the country. Best coach in the country. Best Program in the country.

If it's Texas, it has to be UCONN.

National Champions - 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Shabazz - welcome to the 125/25/25 club. Other members? You might have heard of them - Larry Bird, Derrek Rose and Kemba Walker. The only 2 champions of that group? Kemba and Shabazz. It's the company you keep.

The only way to stop us it to ban us.

Kemba has one. They lost to Michigan State in the Final Four in 2009 in his first season.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    JK_Livin said:

Congrats to the UConn fans here.

not really a very well played game but UConn made the plays when they had to. thought both teams were really kind of timid in the 2nd half. UConn won the game on the boards outrebounding Kentucky which I didn't think was going to be possible. they did a great job even with the smaller lineup.

was cheering for UConn in this game but really Shabazz? it's the NCAAs fault you were banned? and don't even get me started on his going to bed hungry comment. wow so momma can jet around the country and spend probably $5k on hotels and flights in the past two weeks but you are going hungry...on scholarship...with a meal plan. these athletes have no clue how the real world and real students have it. these poor poor athletes wah wah wah.

Calipari to the Lakers? NCAA must be on his trail. could it be the 3rd time his appearance will be vacated???
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

not really a very well played game but UConn made the plays when they had to. thought both teams were really kind of timid in the 2nd half. UConn won the game on the boards outrebounding Kentucky which I didn't think was going to be possible. they did a great job even with the smaller lineup.

was cheering for UConn in this game but really Shabazz? it's the NCAAs fault you were banned? and don't even get me started on his going to bed hungry comment. wow so momma can jet around the country and spend probably $5k on hotels and flights in the past two weeks but you are going hungry...on scholarship...with a meal plan. these athletes have no clue how the real world and real students have it. these poor poor athletes wah wah wah.

Calipari to the Lakers? NCAA must be on his trail. could it be the 3rd time his appearance will be vacated???
    Not to mention the $1000+ of tattoos all over his body. That could buy a lot of ramen noodles
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Not to mention the $1000+ of tattoos all over his body. That could buy a lot of ramen noodles
    That was a site watching Napier go against Wilbekin. I kept pausing the tv so I could read them all. :))
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I think you completely misunderstood what Shabazz was saying. His point was he and his teammates had nothing to do with it and the measures are somewhat arbitrary. And whether you agree with them being sanctioned or not (though it is curious that Kentucky can somehow stay eligible graduating nobody - making Shabazz's comments all the more poignant), his allusion is correct. If you look into what the measures are you would be baffled by how UCONN was the only major school to face any sort of sanction. As for his talk about going hungry - you do know he lived for 17 years before he ever got to college, right? I think it's pretty obvious what he was talking about. My guess is he has a lot more clue about the real world growing up with a single mother working 2 jobs than most of us do.

As for real students - he will be leaving college with a degree in sociology, 2 National Championships, the Bob Cousy Award, First Team All American, a Final Four MOP trophy and a nice NBA career ahead of him. That seems like the perfect student-athlete model. You upset because those with special talents get special treatment? Welcome to the REAL WORLD. At least he took advantage of the scholarship he was given. What were the Kentucky players doing?

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I think you completely misunderstood what Shabazz was saying. His point was he and his teammates had nothing to do with it and the measures are somewhat arbitrary. And whether you agree with them being sanctioned or not (though it is curious that Kentucky can somehow stay eligible graduating nobody - making Shabazz's comments all the more poignant), his allusion is correct. If you look into what the measures are you would be baffled by how UCONN was the only major school to face any sort of sanction. As for his talk about going hungry - you do know he lived for 17 years before he ever got to college, right? I think it's pretty obvious what he was talking about. My guess is he has a lot more clue about the real world growing up with a single mother working 2 jobs than most of us do.

As for real students - he will be leaving college with a degree in sociology, 2 National Championships, the Bob Cousy Award, First Team All American, a Final Four MOP trophy and a nice NBA career ahead of him. That seems like the perfect student-athlete model. You upset because those with special talents get special treatment? Welcome to the REAL WORLD. At least he took advantage of the scholarship he was given. What were the Kentucky players doing?

UConn was given a warning of a scholarship reduction 1 year before the ban so it's not like UConn didn't have warning to get their shit in gear before the failure to meet the standards. yes it sucks that the players who had nothing to do with the APR being missed were penalized but wholeheartedly agree it's dubious how UConn got sanctioned and no other major school has.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/07/us/ncaa-basketball-finals-shabazz-napier-hungry/

link above to article about his comments on going hungry. it was ALL about going hungry at night AT UCONN as an athlete on scholarship nothing to do with being a kid. sorry the going hungry comments are just absurd. these top level athletes on scholarship are so far from reality at this point. it's why so many fail in life as they get older.

great run and great win. not trying to take away from that though.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    do we care about the ladies?

I'll be rooting for Geno.....can't stand Muffet.

BTW WTF kind of name is Muffet?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

do we care about the ladies?

I'll be rooting for Geno.....can't stand Muffet.

BTW WTF kind of name is Muffet?

If you're from CT, yes.

I met Geno last summer and he's a really nice guy and down to Earth.

I don't know what kind of name that is.
    It's 2004 all over again!

Storrs, CT is the basketball capitol of the world.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    Newch91 said:

It's 2004 all over again!

Storrs, CT is the basketball capitol of the world.

women were, no doubt, the best team. men got hot at the right time. congrats.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    So boring when the same teams win every few years, other year.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Bump for the best Men's basketball program in the country.
    If DeAndre stays, next season will be very entertaining.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    Newch91 said:

If DeAndre stays, next season will be very entertaining.

I think he should stay. But, if he does go will he be a first round pick?

Any chance that U-CONN goes back to the Big East just for basketball, and be independent for football?