• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    its good. This Pearlman really does sound like a snake though
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    MayDay10 said:

its good. This Pearlman really does sound like a snake though

How so?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    edited April 2014
    the guy comes out and parades his John Rocker thing every year or so, yet says he felt guilty about the whole thing. Who knows what happened that day, and maybe its not right, but when a publicist and athlete allow a reporter to spend a day with the subject, its pretty much agreed to that things like that wouldn't be written.
    Then he explains that 1: he really didn't expect it to be a big deal (bullshit), and 2: He was acting only in a righteous fashion (who is the one person who benefited from this?)
    He also throws a lot of immature little jabs in there that are no better than John Rocker taking photos of him.

Lots of athletes are complete assholes.

But I dont feel like Im on this guy's side at all either. I feel like Im more on the Will Clark side of things.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Pearlman can come off as a dick at times, but he's a great writer. Love all of his books...especially the Mets book and the Cowboys book. Finishing up his book about the Showtime Lakers right now.

Also, it sounds like Pearlman had all of these quotes from Rocker on tape so not sure why he or anyone else would expect anything that he said not to be written.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    MayDay10 said:

Lots of athletes are complete assholes.

But I dont feel like Im on this guy's side at all either. I feel like Im more on the Will Clark side of things.

the keep quiet ... don't be a rat ... protect your peers at all cost side of things!?

that's the worst side to be on ... i don't really follow this guy or the next ... but if you are a racist asshole and a professional athlete - it's a given people are gonna write about it ... the reality is that his career took a nosedive cuz he started sucking ... you can be a grade A asshole in pretty much any sport and be "successful" just as long as you bring it ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    finally had a chance to read this...great piece.

reminded me of this classic-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NATG-mNJ5QU
    www.myspace.com