Options

Walk down memory lane: something for Friday afternoon :)

dr jamdr jam Posts: 69
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
"A tease is not what Pearl Jam are about. This is the closing set of Reading Festival and it turns out to be the best of the weekend. Playing an even more perfect mixture of old and new than Muse did the night before, the experienced American create the legendary festival atmosphere that everyone loves. It’s that feeling where your hairs really do stand up, because you can feel it and you’re amazed that it’s happening, and you’re almost close to crying because it’s all just getting too much. You’re witnessing something really special. This is history.

Pulling away from microphone, self-censoring himself during ‘Jeremy’, Eddie Vedder forgets for a moment that this is the UK and he really can swear in front of 80,000 people but it’s fine because everyone’s already singing the words. It’s something to behold. It only happens once a year.

There is an mutual appreciation here that no other band has found all weekend. This is what this festival is all about and it’s a shame that we had to wait so long for it. "

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/1109536

Hope you enjoyed that. Brought back some lovely memories. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    :o very lovely :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dr jam wrote:
    "A tease is not what Pearl Jam are about. This is the closing set of Reading Festival and it turns out to be the best of the weekend. Playing an even more perfect mixture of old and new than Muse did the night before, the experienced American create the legendary festival atmosphere that everyone loves. It’s that feeling where your hairs really do stand up, because you can feel it and you’re amazed that it’s happening, and you’re almost close to crying because it’s all just getting too much. You’re witnessing something really special. This is history.

Pulling away from microphone, self-censoring himself during ‘Jeremy’, Eddie Vedder forgets for a moment that this is the UK and he really can swear in front of 80,000 people but it’s fine because everyone’s already singing the words. It’s something to behold. It only happens once a year.

There is an mutual appreciation here that no other band has found all weekend. This is what this festival is all about and it’s a shame that we had to wait so long for it. "

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/1109536

Hope you enjoyed that. Brought back some lovely memories. :)

Ahhhhhhhhhh... beautiful!! I completely agree... it really is true to say that you never ever know what's gonna happen at a Pearl Jam show.

Most amazing for me was at Leeds when Ed walked on stage and told everyone to look out for each other. I expected a nice quiet set, maybe starting with Release, Oceans or the like... but this band never cease to amaze me and burst into a fantastic rockin' set! The highlight was State Of Love and Trust... and thhhhhouuuusands of lighters in the air during Black (the crowd in Dublin were still louder :p)

And when people ask me why I'm going to see them so many times during the same tour... surely it'll be the same set list? They just don't understand a Pearl Jam show!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!