Ten Club/Newbury Comics RSD Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP in Shop.

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    oysterjar said:

PJ_Soul said:

oysterjar said:

What do you think they would do with something like this? Do you think the band keeps one of everything they ever put out?

Yes. Do you think they wouldn't? I think it would be weird if they didn't. Whether or not they think it's cool is neither here nor there.
    I guess if I had a band I probably would get one (not of the original 1-2000 but an extra pressing) but I just don't see they guys hanging on to something like this. Are you insinuating that 10C is holding a few copies for historical value? I could see that.
    I think 10C keeps a few of absolutely everything. Also, isn't Jeff supposed to be the one who keeps shit like this? If any member of the actual band would hold on to one of these just as a matter of course, it would be Jeff (but with this particular item, I don't think even Jeff would bother - just 10C. I think that's a given that 10C has at least a couple of every item they've ever sold).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    10c does seem to hold on some of everything, as leftovers seem to pop up in online sales or at the annual pop up store event in Seattle.

I guess I'm bit of a geek but I watch a show called Comic Book Men. I don't collect comics books but I do collect vinyl, so from a collector standpoint I find the show interesting. One of guys mentioned that in the world of "limited edition" stuff, that it's pretty standard for an extra 10% runoff to be done for limited edition products (books, action figures etc). It gives them inventory to replaced damaged items or keep them to sell for a rainy day.

As a vinyl collector I wonder if it's a similar process for limited edition records. Spinoff an extra 10% for who knows what.
    Zod said:

10c does seem to hold on some of everything, as leftovers seem to pop up in online sales or at the annual pop up store event in Seattle.

I guess I'm bit of a geek but I watch a show called Comic Book Men. I don't collect comics books but I do collect vinyl, so from a collector standpoint I find the show interesting. One of guys mentioned that in the world of "limited edition" stuff, that it's pretty standard for an extra 10% runoff to be done for limited edition products (books, action figures etc). It gives them inventory to replaced damaged items or keep them to sell for a rainy day.

As a vinyl collector I wonder if it's a similar process for limited edition records. Spinoff an extra 10% for who knows what.

I'm sure it's the same. 10C definitely replaces damaged items, so it must be.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Not the coke bottle ten.
    edited April 2014

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Not the coke bottle ten.
    Maybe it's different with numbered items. But I'm sure they hold onto a few copies of the numbered ones too. All companies keep things like that in their archives or whatever. It's the history of their business, and they need to have them as references in a lot of cases.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • iskewiskew Posts: 26
    Hmmm... So I have number 0311 -- but mine has two discs of "side c" and "side d" with no first (normal, not redux) disc... Anyone else have this issue?
  • weebleweeble Posts: 133
    edited April 2014
    Well, mine doesn't play. Little dents and bubbles in the vinyl. Asked NC if I can send it back for a replacement, but they said no stocks left whatsoever. So I'm stuck with it. They gave me a refund instead, which was cool of them to be fair. But pretty gutted it doesn't play. Well, two tracks at least. :(
    Post edited by weeble on
    This might pass, this might last, this may grow
    So what's the deal when someone buys a sealed collector's item on ebay for tons of money and then discovers that it's all fucked up inside when they open it? Is the seller under any obligation with sealed vinyl??
  • demetrios said:

I got 0001.
    No kidding.

Sweet man! Did you receive it from Newbury Comics or 10club?

Anyone in Canada still waiting on their copy purchased through the 10club store?

Got it from 10 Club.
  • joeembletonjoeembleton Posts: 408
    Arrived in Scotland this week. Got charged £12 customs. Still happy though. :-bd
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    My 10club copy arrived on Thursday here in Nova Scotia. :)
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 197
    I was excited to pick mine up in person at Newbury Comics but wish they saved more for people visiting their stores...it was the only copy for that store :(
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • withflyingcolorswithflyingcolors CO Posts: 491
    I swear when I was at the Norwood Newbury on RSD the guy said they had one copy sitting out all day on the day they were in store, because no one came thinking they'd have none. Did anyone get one at Norwood?
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,026

Arrived in Scotland this week. Got charged £12 customs. Still happy though. :-bd

I just got hit with £12 custom charge too...at least I know it made it to the UK. Should have it delivered on Thursday! Hope it plays ok...
    Nature drunk and High
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Posts: 3,298
    Bent corners
    Yessss!!!!!
  • fluff4ufluff4u Posts: 196
    PJ_Soul said:

So what's the deal when someone buys a sealed collector's item on ebay for tons of money and then discovers that it's all fucked up inside when they open it? Is the seller under any obligation with sealed vinyl??

As far as am concerned I don't think the seller is responsible for manufacturing defects. But, if you buy from a real brick and mortar record store than they should refund you in some way.
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered ... but what is so coke bottle-y about the clear vinyl? :-/
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,132

Bent corners
    Yessss!!!!!

^My copy too.

@rockpants, the older coke bottles would have this greenish clear color.

• MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209

Bent corners
    Yessss!!!!!

^My copy too.

@rockpants, the older coke bottles would have this greenish clear color.

Yes. The greenish tint is what makes it a "Coke Bottle" clear vinyl
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Okee dokee. Thanks. I can see it now that I know what I'm looking for. Just figured it was lighting/low-res photos that made it appear that way.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    It really is a cool looking record. Looks awesome on the turntable.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    JimmyV said:

MedozK said:

JimmyV said:

:-)

• SpagsSpags Posts: 3,026
    Gave it a blast today, my fav album on a cool looking vinyl. I'm a happy man!

Nature drunk and High
    I'm a Ten Redux guy...I think the album had never sounded better. So while I have been spinning disc 2 often, I hadn't looked at disc 1 until this morning. Turns out I don't have a disc 1 at all, just a second copy of disc 2. Doesn't matter much in my case but I would have rathered the complete set.

• lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737
    Nice to see these spinning!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    JimmyV said:

I'm a Ten Redux guy...I think the album had never sounded better. So while I have been spinning disc 2 often, I hadn't looked at disc 1 until this morning. Turns out I don't have a disc 1 at all, just a second copy of disc 2. Doesn't matter much in my case but I would have rathered the complete set.

I also don't have disc one, both records are the Redux versions. I emailed the Ten Club, and sent back one of the Redux versions for them to exchange.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

JimmyV said:

I also don't have disc one, both records are the Redux versions. I emailed the Ten Club, and sent back one of the Redux versions for them to exchange.
    Thanks, I might do that. Or I might just gift the second copy to someone. Haven't decided yet.

Spags said:

Gave it a blast today, my fav album on a cool looking vinyl. I'm a happy man!

COWABUNGA!!! :)
  • Finally got mine in Toronto on Thursday (picked it up today). It was nice not having to wait upwards of 10 weeks or more for a vinyl like I have in the past with some of my orders.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz