Options

please help a really good PJ fan and 10C member!! IT'S BACK!

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I'm so happy to hear things are going well! I still love my Hannah Strong shirt. :)
    I win.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474

Dave and Rob did most of the visiting while I had a short nap.

I think it was a 2000 bootleg we were listening too. It was a very nice afternoon.
    There was of course talk of baseball...... I'm still hoping the Giants pull it together.

I have that effect on women.

It was Zurich 2000. :D

How could you not root for the Giants? That soulless team down south is totally hateable. >:P
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    Good to hear things are going well, Michelle! Thanks for the update. :-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    It's just couple of weeks out from the Denver show, hoping Hannah is doing well and everyone gets to make it to the show. Sending mad the tour has started and everyone is jacked happy vibes to you all and hopefully will get to meet you in Denver.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    glad this thread is back to the top.....I've talked to Dave lately.....full speed ahead to Denver!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I'm so glad we'll be seeing you in Denver!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Faithful,
    It's true. Full steam ahead to Denver!!!
    Month of September is finally over, and we are more than happy to see it in our RVM. Had a bit of a rough spell but things are looking up and SMILEs have been spotted more frequently.

Cannot begin to tell you thanks for the well wishes and Karma still being sent for my (of the) Girls.

Hoping to get into Denver the day of show and settled in early so that we can meet up with as few or as many of you as possible. ;)

I'll tell you up front that I won't be the guy yelling across a crowded room, hollering at you with your username or real name if I can remember it... I'm pretty reserved. A shy guy no less. I'm going to try my best to mingle and share the day with all of the great people that shared a very stressful time for us, held our hands, and kept us in your thoughts and prayers.

I also plan to save the beer drinking for later... Don't need to fog my mind while making more great connections and memories.

See you soon!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Pearl Jam Friends,

Great minds think alike! I have been wanting to update this for a few weeks, but as Dave said this was a rough month. Hannah is feeling great today and seems to be back to where she was in mid August,

Thanks Brian for the postcard the other day! I am trying to get all of the cards on rings so that we can have a couple of books of cards to flip through and remember all of you.

Thanks to Kyle for all of your continued kindness too. I really loved the cornbread mix. We are so appreciative of all that you guys have done for us.

I have said before that this has been a very humbling experience and also uplifting, you never know how many lives you are touching in your own circle of influence.

I am finally allowing myself to get excited for Denver !!!!! It feels like we will be seeing all of you soon.

Michelle
    ...can not find the candle of thought to light your name
  • Options
    I have been watching the set lists and I am so excited to hear whatever they want to play that night.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

I have been watching the set lists and I am so excited to hear whatever they want to play that night.

I really hope you guys get Of The Girl!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    for those that have not heard- the band dedicated "Lightning Bolt" to Hannah last night in Denver!! THere are also rumors of Halifax2TheMax launching a Hannah Strong shirt onto the stage at Eddie!

i still await details, my friends! What did Eddie say exactly? I can not wait to hear it on the boot!!!

Congrats!! I haven't been around here much but think of you often!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited October 2014

for those that have not heard- the band dedicated "Lightning Bolt" to Hannah last night in Denver!! THere are also rumors of Halifax2TheMax launching a Hannah Strong shirt onto the stage at Eddie!

i still await details, my friends! What did Eddie say exactly? I can not wait to hear it on the boot!!!

Wow that's so exciting, I can't wait to hear the stories on here and the boot too!! Congrats Hannah, and cheers to an awesome night that will always be remembered <:-P
  • Options
    this thing has come full circle, I would say.

here's an email I just sent to all our t-shirt buyers and supporters (not all are "PJ people"):

Hello all-

We just got back from seeing Pearl Jam in Denver. Not a bad show....37 songs over 3 hours and 20 minutes :)

As you know, the Hannah STRONG shirts were Pearl Jam themed. Kyle and I both wrote letters to the band, explaining the whole campaign. Well, long story short, Eddie Vedder dedicated the song "Lightning Bolt" to Hannah. I got chills! Before the next to last song of the show, Kyle handed a Hannah STRONG shirt up to Eddie. Eddie gave the shirt a "I know about those" look and, after wiping his sweat off with it :), draped the shirt on a monitor near Matt Cameron's drum set! It was pretty freaking cool and amazing!

The whole family (including brother Michael and new wife Kimberly) looked great (well, Dave looked like Dave. Haha.).

Thanks for your support!!!!!!
    Rob, Kelly, Kyle and Lorna

P.S. Go Giants!

P.P.S. If anyone has video evidence of the Ed t-shirt handoff, please post it!!

=D>

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited October 2014
    Wow this story is amazing....Go Hannah <:-P I'm so glad you were up to seeing the best band in the world and I'm sure you had the best night ever!!!! Cheers to an awesome new chapter in your life, no-one is more deserving than you Hannah, it's going to get so much better :x <:-P
    Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on
  • Options
    at the very, very end. why'd ya stop filming?????? :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cUSpslK6oE

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    ^^^ Very cool! Glad to hear the family Black had such a fantastic time. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722

Good job, Halifax2TheMax!

:-bd
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Wow, so nice of Eddie to dedicate Lightning Bolt to Hannah! Great job Rob, Kyle ! B-)
  • Options

Wow, so nice of Eddie to dedicate Lightning Bolt to Hannah! Great job Rob, Kyle ! B-)

we couldn't have done it without giventolukinKP (Kelly) and/or without all you great peeps!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    :)
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Eddie dedicated Lightning Bolt to Hannah!!!!! And Kyle threw his shirt to Eddie near the end of the show!!! Amazing......

I tried to post from Denver but my dang cell phone didn't post it, just found my comments here un posted. Dang Dang

It was so nice to meet some of you in Denver (Kyle and Carolyn) and catch up with some friends and family that we hadn't seen in a while (Rob and Codie , Dan and Shannon, Dave's sister and her family (their first Pearl Jam concert), Michael and Kimberly who we hadn't seen since the wedding) I'm still hearing from Dave who some of the people at the pre--party were).

The pre-party was so much fun just to see people with our same love of a wonderful band and each other. Dave's sister Kaye and her son Chris and his girl friendAndrea were amazed by the entire experience, how Pearl Jam fans sing along with every song, how much energy can come from a crowd like us.. they are still talking about it.

... we were just overwhelmed when he dedicated the song Lightning Bolt to Hannah. It is on you tube, but I don't know how to post that here. Rob thanks for posting the Alive video above.. that is awesome to see.

Just overwhelmed by so many experiences this year. Thank you again for your positive energy and your concern.

THANK YOU.... THANK YOU... THANK YOU...

Michelle

P.S. I'm starting to feel like myself again, and Hannah is doing great this month.

• Options
    yep.......nothing like a PJ show!

I'm honored to know you guys :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11