2»

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    thinking of building an adirondack chair, you say? here you go:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    after much deliberation, I believe I will be purchasing two high-density polyethylene Adirondack chairs in the coming days. these fuckers are made of recycled milk cartons and stuff so, good for the environment....and they last for years and years through all kinds of harsh weather. the guy said you can even leave them outside in the snow.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

after much deliberation, I believe I will be purchasing two high-density polyethylene Adirondack chairs in the coming days. these fuckers are made of recycled milk cartons and stuff so, good for the environment....and they last for years and years through all kinds of harsh weather. the guy said you can even leave them outside in the snow.

I figured your next post in here would be a for sale post after you built a dozen of them.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

Are these the ones for $16.99 at Lowes and other fine retailers?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Haha...no sir. Those would be plastic. These have a steel frame inside and cost about $220 more.

I have the plastic ones now. These new ones will last a lifetime though. Actually leaving to get them now.

Tally ho!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Haha...no sir. Those would be plastic. These have a steel frame inside and cost about $220 more.

I have the plastic ones now. These new ones will last a lifetime though. Actually leaving to get them now.

Tally ho!
    Pics please
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    beautiful looking things, eh?

imageadirodack photo chairs_zps53501e6a.jpg" />

after I cut the grass tonight, I will be having a beer while sitting in the one on the left. happy memorial day!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    May i have the 2nd seat??? with a shock top please?

thx
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard said:

May i have the 2nd seat??? with a shock top please?

thx

I'm sorry but we don't serve Shock Top here.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    How heavy are those guys? They definitely last? Last Longer than wood, I assume?
  • Options

How heavy are those guys? They definitely last? Last Longer than wood, I assume?

should last way longer than wood. they weigh maybe 20-25 pounds? i got these over wood because you don't have to worry about taking them inside when it rains and stuff. they can withstand the elements.

and actually....i might replace them. they are not the old school adirondacks that go low to the ground and have a little slope on the back to lay back further. these are the beach version (forget the actual name). you can't quite recline as easy on these.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    a good beer to drink in your Adirondack chairs:

photo IMG_0533_zpscb872323.jpg

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Nice!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    edited July 2014
    I would get this one if i were to buy an adirondack chair

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    now we're in business. I exchanged my ocean adirondacks for the traditional chair last week. the wife then made a wise purchase---those two pillow cushions. those fuckers provide the perfect amount of lumbar support. god bless these chairs

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Driving up to St Paul yesterday went through a wee town and there was an antique shop that had the whole green space next to them covered with Adirondack chairs of all sizes and colours. Was a beauty of a site in the beautifully sunny fall day. :) made me think of this thread.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    there's a whole bunch of colorful ones right near me on display outside. Juggler you may have seen them on rt. 3 in west chester. i need to get a pic of them.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

there's a whole bunch of colorful ones right near me on display outside. Juggler you may have seen them on rt. 3 in west chester. i need to get a pic of them.

haven't been out that way in a while so i haven't seen it. i bought mine at a place that had them displayed out near the street like that too. it would have been super easy to steal them. haha.

i like how this thread popped up again because i am really enjoying my adirondacks with the change of weather. last night i sat out there and had a few pumpkins ales (round guys- lost souls...a porter. delicious) and enjoyed a nice cigar while taking in the fall foliage scenery.
    chinese-happy.jpg