Options

Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow breaks up.

2»

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

unsung said:

I wonder how many nannys and maids she has that make her life so difficult.

This is true, but I wouldn't trade places with a celebrity for anything. At least we get to walk outside, and go to the store, and have a relationship break-up without the news covering it. Oh well, we all have our own problems, I guess.

Some do pretty well staying out of the camera's eye. For the most part, it's the idiots we read about. The ones with half a brain manage to enjoy all their money and stay out of the news.
    I think it's mostly the ones who seek out such coverage (or in their eyes, glorification? maybe just attention), whether through their PR whores or their own stupid antics and actions.

I'm even willing to give tweedle-dees like Cyrus and Beiber a bit of a pass given their youth...MUST REBEL - ok, have at it, ya little shits - but the ones who should know better, have some circumspect, realize the fact that they ACT or DANCE or...sing?...does not elevate them in any sense - I really shake my head at them.

In the end though, as was said above, I love my life just fine and have no desire to walk the roads of any of these people. The state of some random person's marriage - and yes, GP is pretty random to me - has no bearing on me. Thank god.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628
    I just want to be that rich without all the hype and bother. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

like the Powerball winner from Milpitas that wants his privacy? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/02/california-lottery-official-sole-winner-425m-february-powerball-jackpot-comes/

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

like the Powerball winner from Milpitas that wants his privacy? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/02/california-lottery-official-sole-winner-425m-february-powerball-jackpot-comes/

Exactly. But I'd come out of the woodwork for the small 10C members only Pearl Jam show, since PJ wouldn't be able to turn down how much I'd give them to do it, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata