Options

Reflecting on Yesterdays Antics...

Kermit O'LearyKermit O'Leary Posts: 240
edited January 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Well what can I say!! 5pm came and everyone piled into ten club to get the golden tickets - so much so we crashed the server!!!

After an hour and ten minutes of constant refreshing on about ten different tabs I finally strolled through and got my pair of tickets to Wembley - Im so fuckng excited!!!!!! its gunna be a mental night!!!!

My personal opinion about the fiasco is that everyone at ten club is a legend for even managing to secure the whole floor at wembley for ten club fans. Anyone who has missed out, I hope you get tickets when they go on general sale. I know it must be hideous, i missed out on astoria and getting wembley tickets has made up for this.

Next question is who's gunna support? and will there be another date in the UK??? More importantly, where we all gunna meet for drinks before the show???
'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    LikeaStone wrote:
    Well what can I say!! 5pm came and everyone piled into ten club to get the golden tickets - so much so we crashed the server!!!

After an hour and ten minutes of constant refreshing on about ten different tabs I finally strolled through and got my pair of tickets to Wembley - Im so fuckng excited!!!!!! its gunna be a mental night!!!!

My personal opinion about the fiasco is that everyone at ten club is a legend for even managing to secure the whole floor at wembley for ten club fans. Anyone who has missed out, I hope you get tickets when they go on general sale. I know it must be hideous, i missed out on astoria and getting wembley tickets has made up for this.

Next question is who's gunna support? and will there be another date in the UK??? More importantly, where we all gunna meet for drinks before the show???

I'm going to be queueing before the show I think! I'd meet up for drinks there, as long as there are port-a-loos ;)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    I'm going to be queueing before the show I think! I'd meet up for drinks there, as long as there are port-a-loos ;)
    Riot_Rain!! you got tickets!! well done buddy!! see you there!!

• Options
    msuthymsuthy Posts: 18
    As i've got my PJ Wembley tickets, might try and get some Muse tickets as they play at the new Wembley stadium the night before. Might be worth a look. They are playing with 3 major support acts that are yet to be announced.

That would make a great trip to London but Muse will never live up to Pearl Jam the following night.

RE Support, how about Smashing Pumkins? They are back and looking to play live shows in the Summer.
  • Options
    msuthy wrote:
    As i've got my PJ Wembley tickets, might try and get some Muse tickets as they play at the new Wembley stadium the night before. Might be worth a look. They are playing with 3 major support acts that are yet to be announced.

That would make a great trip to London but Muse will never live up to Pearl Jam the following night.

RE Support, how about Smashing Pumkins? They are back and looking to play live shows in the Summer.
    Smashing Pumpkins would be good, i dunno who i would like to see, i reckon it will be an up and coming british band

• Options
    Yesterday just stirred my curiosity as to just how many active 10c members there are in the UK, and how may of them were successful in getting tickets for their show.

I think it's just a little sad that some of those that are in the 10c may not go to the gig because they couldn't get standing tickets.

I'm all for people traveling the globe to go to concerts, but this time, with only one show per country, I think it's caused a lot of problems.

I think the 10c need to find out how many people are in the club, and then pick a venue & hold a 10c only gig. Each fan picks up a pair of ticket on the day of the gig - you don't buy 'em like we tried to last night, you get them automatically - but perhaps after confirming your attendance via e-mail.
    The rest of the tickets could be sold on the door on the day. Just like they used to with the old Marquee club.

I dunno.. a bit hair-brained I know, but I feel sorry for those that got shafted last night.
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    A few of us overseas people had coordinated with locals to split the pair, so it really didn't make any difference whether I or my contacts made the purchase. Either way, we'd only purchase the one pair between us.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    like your idea chief but its unpractical

unless they play absolutely every country in the world

i was thinking about malmo and copenhagen for example 2 different countries and so close to each other - im sure there must be some southern swedes who missed out

consolations to those who didnt get tkts though - feel for ya
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    thought above givin up. got the tickets just when i thought all was lost.
    it's a hopeless situation and i'm starting to believe .......
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:
    ...unless they play absolutely every country in the world

I know. Talking out of my backside really.
    :/
    Hinny wrote:
    A few of us overseas people had coordinated with locals to split the pair

Oh yeah, I don't have a problem with it, just a shame that there doesn't seem to be enough to go around on this occasion.

I had to buy a pair, which means I have a spare. I have 3 pairs of friends that will all be hoping for standing tickets when they go on sale this week, or at the very least, sitting together in their pairs. Which probably means that my spare is actually useless to them, which is crazy.

Having to buy in pairs via the 10c means that there are a bunch of spares out there that need to be traded-off, and that could have been avoided if there was an option to buy singles. Many other members that missed-out & only needed a single ticket could have got them last night. Now they have to hope they get a spare - it drags-out the pain of it all.

I know it'll not exactly be a problem to find a home for a spare, but it does mean that I have paid out £96 on my credit card & I'll have to wait until June to get half of that back.
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
  • Options
    I was surprised how wound up and aggressive people were getting here. Surely *everyone* expects such issues when buying tickets for high demand gigs?

I've bought tickets in the past for shows by the likes of U2, Green Day, Foo Fighters etc. from UK ticket agencies and this kind of thing ALWAYS happens, without fail. SO how was 10c's server going to cope?

The simple fact is that demand will always outstrip supply. And no matter how much money is spent on webservers, too many humans battering them will always have the same affect. When big sites like Amazon go down due to being targeted by hackers with 'denial of service' attacks - it's exactly the same as what happened yesterday - the site is over run with users visiting it, to the point of where it collapses.

4 hours is a long time, I agree, but it will be worth it.

I guess the only option is for 10c to adopt a similar (yet very expensive) system to the Glastonbury Festival this year, where you have to apply by snail mail and send a passport sized photo of yourself with your application in the mail. Your tickets then come back with your photo printed on the tickets. But this would mean *a lot* more admin time (and thus money) for 10c and a lot more waiting for 10c members.
  • Options
    Robot Boy wrote:
    I've bought tickets in the past for shows by the likes of U2, Green Day, Foo Fighters etc. from UK ticket agencies and this kind of thing ALWAYS happens, without fail.

Yes, because those are for public sale, and so everyone & their brothers are tring to get tickets.
    Robot Boy wrote:
    SO how was 10c's server going to cope?

They (PJ) have been around long enough now & sold out show after show after show with each visit, so the management / IT bods should have anticipated a huge demand, and made sure that the servers could handle it.

People at the 10c should read these boards regularly & see that there are many that travel the globe to see PJ play, and so it will not be a case of only UK fans going for the UK gigs, etc.

Lastly, there are many other bands doing this sort of thing these days, popular bands, and their sales go without a hitch.

It IS great that the 10c did this in the first place, but a combination of factors lead to some frayed tempers, and many sad people waking-up this morning after a night of trying to get tickets to a show that they should be able to get into quite easily if they're a member of the Fan Club.