Denver 1 setlist, some surprises!!!

White DiscussionWhite Discussion Posts: 2,812
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Main Set: World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Present Tense, Jeremy, Army Reserve, Daughter, Bee Girl, Corduroy, Better Man, Black

Encore: Comatose, Bu$hleaguer, Alive, So You Want To Be A Rock n Roll Star

per Red Mosquito

AWESOME
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bee Girl???? Wow.....I guess they did play it last year a few times (just checked). . . . .
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    Should have seen Bu$hleaguer coming for this show once we had seen it in soundchecks last week. With all the shit they stirred up with the Denver 2003 show playing it. They just wanted to see how peoples attitude towards the situation had changed over the last 3 years.
    tacos
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    It's awesome they played Bushleaguer.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • this band has some freaking balls and i love it!
    East Troy Icebowl: October 2000
    Council Bluffs, IA: June 2003
    Las Vegas, NV: July 2006
    Lollapalooza, Chicago: August 2007
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Great set for sure..i was there and my hightlight was B-GIRL for sure!
    Bushleauger caused a upset where I was sitting... kinda funny that it was Denver 3 years ago that also set the place for a walk-out because of that "ideal". I was very happy to particpate in the support of the boys cause.

Peace and can not wait for Vegas!
  • i love pearl jam
  • Bushleaguer?!?! SWEEET!!! Figured we'd see it soon.
    I wonder if Ed broke out the mask and Jacket too. hehe
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • yeahhhhh!!! the boys do have balls- I fucking love it- Bushleager....helll yeah- this is the greatest fucking band of right now- fuck Bush, long live freedom....long live the warrior! see you in san fran!!!!!!! got some kicks, wanna take a ride- I said yeahhhhhh!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    hahahah great set change up and bushleaguer right on the heels of VH1. good job PJ!!!! i wanna hear it in san fran...!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • hahahah great set change up and bushleaguer right on the heels of VH1. good job PJ!!!! i wanna hear it in san fran...!

and they got balls of steel for bringing it back in Denver of all places...after the hoopla that happened there the last time they played it.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    Yawn.... Bu$hleaguer sucks. Great, fine, we all agree bush sucks. But that song sucks even more. I would have much rather actually had a good song than some poor attempt at a protest anti-gov't song.

It's a frickin stupid song that simply isn't good.

Give me some more No Code or Yield instead.
  • denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    applenut wrote:
    Yawn.... Bu$hleaguer sucks. Great, fine, we all agree bush sucks. But that song sucks even more. I would have much rather actually had a good song than some poor attempt at a protest anti-gov't song.

It's a frickin stupid song that simply isn't good.

Give me some more No Code or Yield instead.

LMAO!!! I dont really like the song but it was pretty well excepted in my neck of the seating arrangement...people seemed to love it so whatever
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • *Boy*Boy Posts: 112
    July 2, 2006 - Denver, CO; Pepsi Center
    Special Night: with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Set List: World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Present Tense, Jeremy, Army Reserve, Daughter, Bee Girl, Corduroy(with guest keyboardist Benmont Tench from Tom Petty & The Heart Breakers), Better Man/(Save It For Later by English Beat [no vocals just music] with guest keyboardist Benmont Tench), Black (with guest keyboardist Benmont Tench)

encore: Comatose, Bu$hleaguer, Alive, So You Want To Be A Rock 'N' Roll Star (by The Byrds. with guest guitarist Mike Campbell and keyboardist Benmont Tench)
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not ~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same ~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~

~chaka boom chak -Tom Waits~
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    'So you wanna be a rock n' roll star'. Excellent. Have they played that before? I imagine it was more like Patti Smith's version than the Byrds version though right?
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    It's awesome they played Bushleaguer.

damn right, I really need to catch a Leg 2 show now...
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    blackout weaves it's way through the city.......
  • I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    Sounds like a fun show. Actually, I'd take that short set over the full show from Cincinnati.

Any word on the reaction to Bu$hleaguer? Since Petty is so non-political, I bet he has a fair amount of conservative fans - but the great thing is, if they wanted to walk out, they'd have to miss Petty. That's genius!

Although, if he didn't have the mask, I don't know if the Petty people would even know what the song is about.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • DefJef44DefJef44 Posts: 13
    There were no boos during Bushleaguer. I really liked it live personally. What happened in 2003?
    Denver actually isn't all that conservative anymore....it's Colorado Springs that crazy right. Denver sits btwn. Boulder (crazy left) and the Springs (crazy right).

Wish he had brought out the mask though!
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    DefJef44 wrote:
    There were no boos during Bushleaguer. I really liked it live personally.

Its a good song, live ... Just to give all the naysayers a heads up, I am about to compliment Mike, so you might not want to read any further.

Anyhow, as I was going to say, I love Mike on this song. Haven't heard this version, but in 2003 he sounded awesome. Mucho delay.
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    iwasthere wrote:
    Should have seen Bu$hleaguer coming for this show once we had seen it in soundchecks last week. With all the shit they stirred up with the Denver 2003 show playing it. They just wanted to see how peoples attitude towards the situation had changed over the last 3 years.

there was no mask, no dance production ... I'd say most of the casual fans/Petty fans had no idea what they were watching.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I was able to see the soundcheck yesterday and everything they soundchecked they played...they even soundchecked Bu$hleaguer and I didn't expect them to play it live. Was stoked that they did. I was at the show in 2003 and all it was, was a small handful of fans who bitched to the news as they left. Otherwise, that place was jam packed when they ended their set last year. So I'm glad it didn't stop them from playing it this year!

Bee Girl, best surprise yet! Saw it played in Vancouver '05, but never expected that one in Denver at a Petty show!
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    In2Deep wrote:
    I was able to see the soundcheck yesterday and everything they soundchecked they played...they even soundchecked Bu$hleaguer and I didn't expect them to play it live.

When I saw they were soundchecking this song in St. Paul, I was 110 percent sure it would be broken out in Denver.

It's such a Pearl Jam thing to do.

If I could have made money on this in Vegas, I would have won a million dollars.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    When I saw they were soundchecking this song in St. Paul, I was 110 percent sure it would be broken out in Denver.

It's such a Pearl Jam thing to do.

If I could have made money on this in Vegas, I would have won a million dollars.

LMAO!!! I dont know why but I totally expected them to break this out last night...no doubt in my mind, my wife thought I was nuts but sure as shit! I thought the crowd loved it! And so did I, gave me a chance to hit the can and get more booze!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    denverfan wrote:
    And so did I, gave me a chance to hit the can and get more booze!

See, maybe this is why Pearl Jam won't play songs like No Way. Hmm? Its too much work for people to open their minds a little.