Which comes first, raping or pillaging?

RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Posts: 6,152
edited March 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
Go on, you all know. Which happens first?
I'm like an opening band for your mom.

Which comes first, raping or pillaging? 5 votes

The raping, obviously.
60%
HorosRobbyD46281 3 votes
Pillaging. Then the raping.
40%
DewieCoxRoleModelsinBlood31 2 votes

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Not funny.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Not funny.

Right on.

This is why one of the few new features on this site that I like is the auto-save of drafts.

Gives you a chance to re-think whether what you're posting might be cool - not to be confused with PC-ness - or offensive as fuck.
  • don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    the raping.
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Pillaging. Then the raping.
    Oh god. Relax. Don't be so uptight.
    Right. Because this has nothing to do with your attempts at humor being crude and inappropriate. It's all about someone like me being too uptight to appreciate it.

I guess it wouldn't have occurred to you before posting your asinine poll that someone might take offense. Maybe you never thought that some of the women who post here might have been sexually assaulted? Or that any of the guys here might have a wife, girlfriend, sister, or daughter who'd been raped?

Dude, this kind of joke should have gone out of style 30 years ago. There's nothing funny about rape and neither I nor anyone else who posts here needs to apologize for letting you know it.

Crude humor is everywhere and covers no end of subjects. Yesterday I read a terrible joke about L'Wren Scott. I like a good laugh but not when it's on a subject as hurtful as rape.

Feel free to get your laughs with the lowest common denominators of humor. But don't complain when people call you out for it.
    Yeah, Who Princess...I'm guessing the flippant response(s) mean that even trying to re-think how rape could be considered funny and non-uptight in any context is out of line.

Lighten up, folks!

And be sure to vote.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    as a descendant from norsemen i'd like to clear a few things up. first & foremost... english women loved vikings because they bathed every sunday as a ritual with their religion, this was their code of ethics, to be clean & not stink like certain fancy pants men-folk dousing themselves in perfume & what with the wearing of curly wigs & lace satin/silky outfits many european women ran to (n. european) scandinavian men.

& well yeah when in battle you do steal possessions & easily burn the village to the ground. most women enjoy a clean refreshed smelling barbarian moreso than a foul smelling fancy boy with out of order extra extravagant outfits

this is in the history books, im not making this stuff up.

worship, protect & give admiration to all things feminine. & so it was written & so it was done.
    this earth is feminine
    round shapes are feminine

that's about all i know on this matter.

go now... bathe in the river
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I love the smell of my sweetheart (an Irishman!), whether freshly-bathed or not.

(and what he wears is kind of unimportant; love him in sweats or a suit - I love him)

Me though, in this era - not a big fan of barbarians in any form...nor the burning down of people's homes and towns...nor the raping of said towns' women (or men, or boys, as that happens too).

Look - I love off humor as much as the next chick...but given the chance to reflect and see some comment (excuse me, "poll") was maybe fucked up and still give a virtual fuck-you? Kinda hard not to reciprocate the sentiment.

(but ... I'll refrain ;) )
    edited March 2014
    huh... i'll be damned

have a glorious day

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Huh...backatcha?

Thought it was clear though I suppose I should clarify - my last two paragraphs weren't directed toward you, chadwick.

Day so far IS pretty nice though, so thanks; wishing you the same.
    Who's L'wren Scott?
    And Chadwick, that was nice, a good read, my Norseman.

Who's L'wren Scott?

Google her.
    Just did. That's too bad. For clarification, I was never poking fun at anyone who was ever attacked or sexually abused, just asking a simple question.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The raping, obviously.
    The title of the poll makes it pretty easy to decide. Why bother opening it if you're offended or above the crude humor? It's obviously not a rally cry for rape. Just a look into history.

Did I accidently get on A Moving Train? Send your reports to the mods and let them shut it down.
    #FHP
    Well, since I am CLEARLY at fault for being bothered by the thread . . .

Believe it or not, I'm known for having a pretty rude sense of humor. Once in a while, something will strike a nerve with me though. Like jokes about rape. Or a poll like this one, which doesn't have much point and will probably lead to more jokes than discussion. And you're gonna tell me it's a debate about history? 8-|

I didn't and I won't report the thread. I think that's a lame way to handle something that bothers you. I'd rather say what I think. If that bothers somebody else, fine, I gave them something to think about.

I now leave you vikings to carry on.
    Once again, well said, Who P.

I never have reported anyone nor do I plan to. And despite some of the responses here, I respect that the speaking of minds goes both ways.
    edited March 2014
    "I now leave you vikings to carry on."

i'm pretty sure i thought my responses here (as well as always & anywhere) were fully respectful towards women. sure i've had a verbal spat or two with the feminine folk & i did not like that one bit. do not ever for one half a second believe i endorse violence on women, you would be making a grave mistake in judgement

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004

Well, since I am CLEARLY at fault for being bothered by the thread . . .

Believe it or not, I'm known for having a pretty rude sense of humor. Once in a while, something will strike a nerve with me though. Like jokes about rape. Or a poll like this one, which doesn't have much point and will probably lead to more jokes than discussion. And you're gonna tell me it's a debate about history? 8-|

I didn't and I won't report the thread. I think that's a lame way to handle something that bothers you. I'd rather say what I think. If that bothers somebody else, fine, I gave them something to think about.

I now leave you vikings to carry on.

I'm a descendent of Vikings too (but remember this was 1000 years ago)
    I really agree with you, this poll is totally pointless and very offensive X(
    edited March 2014
    annafalk... maybe we're cousins or twins or something? :ar! (here's a pirate, kinda like a viking.......maybe........ sorta) mom's name is anna

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    raping or pillaging what?

what the hell is that avatar, OP?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    chadwick said:

annafalk... maybe we're cousins or twins or something? :ar! (here's a pirate, kinda like a viking.......maybe........ sorta) mom's name is anna

:)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    OP did you really think you would get responses to this poll ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.