Let's liven it up here. What's your favorite clean tone you get?

mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
edited March 2014 in Musicians and Gearheads
Let's liven up this place a bit. What's your favorite clean tone you can get? Mine is my Nash strat with lollars, 4th pickup position plugged directly into my Dr Z Maz 18 with volume at 2, treble at 11, middle at 10: 30, bass at 2, master volume at 8 and cut around 11. Brake lite set on 4. The tone just does it for me. All number setting are in reference to a clock except the brake lite attenuator.
Post edited by mattsl1983 on

Comments

• you're the man!!!!!

Nash esquire-maz18.

you ever want to get rid of that Nash Strat, i'll trade ya a crap load of PJ vinyl!

• mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711

you're the man!!!!!

Nash esquire-maz18.

you ever want to get rid of that Nash Strat, i'll trade ya a crap load of PJ vinyl!

Don't you know that these Nash guitars are nothing more than "guitars made from readily available parts"?
    As much as I love my vinyl, I could never part with my Nash strat or Nash tele. Not a big fan of reliced guitars, but damn are they are some sweet playing/sounding guitars.
  • i love the clean tone i get from my gibson sg with the pickup selecter in the middle position using my matchless clubman.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    For clean, I'll say my Squier Strat with the neck and middle PUP going into my Fender Roc Pro 700
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    How are you liking the fender roc pro?
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Strat, position 4, plugged into the Vibro Champ, with a little tremolo. But sometimes it's a P90 or humbucker neck pup. But tonight, I guess I feel like something in the neighborhood of SRV's "Lenny".
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759

How are you liking the fender roc pro?

I love it. Low maintenance and great clean sound. Overdrive (when turned down) is still pretty heavy, but that's all right. Loud amp for a low price. My buddy had the Roc Pro 1000 Combo with cab and loved his.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy