I got called for an interview, but....

Cradles Broken GlassCradles Broken Glass Posts: 1,409
edited March 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
I applied for a job a few months back, but they were not hiring at the time. They recently left a message saying that they were interested in me interviewing. However, I am not sure that this is something that I am interested in right at this moment. I am still interested in the job, so I do not want to hurt my chances of working at this company in the future. I am just looking for some opinions on what would be the best way to "put them off" so to speak without hurting my chances for a position there in the future. Thank you for your thoughts and opinions!
Hearts and thoughts they fade....
fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
Post edited by Cradles Broken Glass on

Comments

• NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    why put them off? GO see what they have to offer. ... you might be turning down the opportunity of a life time.

If the position/ package is something that is unappealing to you then you simply say no thank you... and stay with your current employer - no harm no foul.

Dont leave a stone unturned as this maybe the stepping stone into the position you want at this place.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    i guess it partly depends on why you say you are interested in the job but not interested in it at this time.

I would say for sure go on the interview and do your best. might find out some good information about the company and/or at least put your name into the pool for a later hire.

depending on what type of job you are looking for and/or currently working at and the time frame of when you might be interested in starting with them you can always use the excuse that you need to tie up some loose ends at your current job and/or are working on something that you don't want to leave until the project is complete which can buy you some time.

if you are offered a position during the interview you can always say you weren't expecting to be offered a position and would need time to consider it and/or discuss it with your family before accepting.

one thing I would say is for sure do not accept a position then at the last minute or just before you are to start change your mind and back out. this would put that company in a tough spot and you don't want to do that.

• oysterjaroysterjar Posts: 1,235
    I say go, what do you have to lose by finding out what they have to offer?

Wind this thing up.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    do you go on a date assuming you have to marry the person? ... haha ...

seriously, go for the interview ... if they offer you a job - then come back to us with why you don't want it and we can help you offer the best diplomatic response ... but as of now - it would be silly not to go to the interview ... first, you get to work on your interview skills; secondly, if you do well - you will be top of mind if and when the right opportunity comes and lastly, there is no harm in going unless there is a reason why you think going for an interview would hurt your chances of future employment ...