Options

From Toronto Which show to go to??

McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
edited March 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Hi
I am driving from the Toronto area (Guelph actually) and can make it to one show and one only - which should it be?
Camden? Hartford? MSG? - all 8 hours away
Washington? Mansfield? - 9 hours

What's the best venue? I would love to camp out somewhere close by.
I am concerned about getting good seats at MSG and have never been to NYC.
I am leaning toward Camden. Looks like a nice venue, by the water. (Plus I could get a second night announcement)
Help me Pearl Jam friends
McNairn
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I am also contemplating which show I may go to. I am currently outside of Windsor but may be living in Toronto in June. I was leaning towards the Hartford show. Are you planning on driving ? If I go, it would be cool to go with some ppl
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Royals55Royals55 Posts: 38
    i think if you want to camp NYC wouldnt be the ideal place.
    2005 Thunder Bay,Toronto
    2006 Toronto X 2
    2006 Cleveland, Cincinnati
    2006 Arnhem, Barcelona
    2007 The Vic,Lolla, Chicago
    2008 Bonnaroo,MSG1,MSG2 ,Hartford, Mansfield1
    EV Vancouverx2
  • Options
    There is also a chance for another add on show in Boston.
    2005 Thunder Bay,Toronto
    2006 Toronto X 2
    2006 Arnhem, Barcelona
    EV Vancouverx2
  • Options
    The Ma show is the last show. Boston is a beautiful town, I love it there. Not to mention, I dont know where you are planning to stay but Ma is a lot cheaper then some of the other venues! At the Red Roof in I got a room for $89. I dont know if you can tailgate there cause I have never seen a show there. The only thing I will warn against is: dont pick Ma solely because it is the last show because they might add more dates.

The MSG shows: New Yorkers and New Jerseyan( I dont know if that is a real word =P) are crazy, in a good way. So knowing that PJ feeds off of the crowds energy both of the shows will be awesome. And of course it is NYC. The down side to NYC is that you cant Tailgate and everything is so expensive! Not only will you be coughing out $20 plus dollars for parking, $7-$10 for drinks, the cheapest hotel we could find, with a private bath, was $165 a night!

Camden is great for tailgating and you still have the crazy NJ and NY and add to that the PA people that just calls for a crazy show. It is also an out door venue... Personal, it is mine and my boyfriend's favorite venue. It is the place to go if you want to meet PJ fans. The Hotels there are expensive but they arent as bad as NYC. I think we are paying $135 a night in Philly. The down side to Camden is the port-a-potties! Not in the concert but in the parking lot, they are gross after 2 days of tailgating!

As you can see it really depends on the type of experience you want but I hope this helped.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    If you've never gone to NYC, this is a great reason to! I haven't been to NYC since September, so I'm really looking forward to heading back there. The downside is that hotels aren't cheap and neither is parking.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    BeerBaron wrote:
    If you want to drive and just go to ONE show I would suggest Masnfield. Last show of the tour is usually special. Plus, the next day is Canada Day, so you can have a travel day without having to use a vacation day :)

that's a good theory, now I am considering this show.

You going to any of the shows ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.
    Mansfield sounds good - with Canada Day July 1st for the slow drive home.
    Does anyone know anything about the venue there?
    I am sure there will be a trail of Canadians all along this East Coast tour.
    Can't wait
  • Options
    Good choice i will see you there
    2005 Thunder Bay,Toronto
    2006 Toronto X 2
    2006 Arnhem, Barcelona
    EV Vancouverx2
  • Options
    gotchagotcha Posts: 56
    I get the impression that people are afraid of hostels. You can stay in NYC for $30-40 a night in a hostel if you're considered about the $$$. Also....bed and breakfasts should be a bit cheaper than your average hotel room.
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    well i was planning on possibly with help of other jammers, to arrange some sort of bus trip or flights down to NYC for both shows, ive posted on bugs mailing list also and one person has pm'ed me on the flight, he is also checking in with CAA on hotels accommodations. i will love to go to NYC with some fellow canadians, and i would be up to be staying in a hostel.
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    well i was planning on possibly with help of other jammers, to arrange some sort of bus trip or flights down to NYC for both shows, ive posted on bugs mailing list also and one person has pm'ed me on the flight, he is also checking in with CAA on hotels accommodations. i will love to go to NYC with some fellow canadians, and i would be up to be staying in a hostel.

please explain your bus rate re your thread in the porch. thanks
  • Options
    pm'ed ^^
  • Options
    gotchagotcha Posts: 56
    Hey, I'm from Guelph too and planning to go to NYC maybe? I assume I will be able to get tickets. I checked a couple hours ago and it looked like the FL tickets were still available, so I'm hoping it will be as easy to get tickets to MSG. NYC is expensive in general, but there are 2 shows so that will make the trip more worthwhile. Although I've never been to Boston before....
    I'll probably drive to Buffalo, and then fly to NYC. Driving IN NYC scares me.
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    BeerBaron wrote:
    If you want to drive and just go to ONE show I would suggest Masnfield. Last show of the tour is usually special. Plus, the next day is Canada Day, so you can have a travel day without having to use a vacation day :)

That's what I'm doing (from Chatham, Ontario), also hoping for a second date.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    JAL442JAL442 Posts: 41
    For anyone thinking of coming in for the Mansfield show, be advised that Mansfield is actually about 40 minutes outside of Boston even though it is considered to be in the Boston market as far as concerts are concerned. Also, parking at the venue is a huge hassle. I'd suggest paying a little extra money and parking somewhere other than the main parking lot. That said, it is the last show of the tour and if the last time they were in Mansfield is any indication (tried to play every song they knew over 3 nights including an acoustic set and breaking the curfew) this is going to be a hell of a show.
    2004: Boston II

2006: Hartford, Boston I, Boston II

2008: Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II
  • Options
    thanks
    would there be any camping spots around mansfield? what about hotels / motels? I don't feel like driving after the show, and I am not too concerned about partying all night in Boston. I would guess a taxi would be too much as well to get back to Boston.
    any info would be helpful