Options

10 Club

After many years of not spending the 40 bucks, I did it, I joined. I didn't join for the "Deep' issue I thought would come in the mail with some stickers. Seems everything is a download and I am a fan since '92, meaning I don't really know how to open all of the digital stuff. The box that the new member gifts comes in is the most interesting in the collaberation.

I joined not for this decorative box or to use this forum which I know absolutely nothing about. I joined because I have never seen Pearl Jam live and i thought the possibility of having a chance to get ticket would increase dramatically. I have tried to get tickets for my son who was born about the same time PJ exploded onto the scene. Instead of following PJ all over the earth as other fans could, I was raising a child alone.

Now it seems that I don't have any better chance of getting tickets.

The only reason I joined is because I want to see these guys before I die.

It doesn't appear that is going to happen.

Comments

• Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    2 questions. 1. Where do you live?
    2. Are you willing to travel to see the band. I am in Tennessee (They NEVER play here) and I've seen them more than 25 times. Made some great friends around these parts along the way. If you are willing to travel and see them anywhere besides a few big markets you can score some great seats. Just don't get your heart set on LA Boston NYC Amsterdam or Chicago and you'll probably be able to score tickets.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    par10ker said:

After many years of not spending the 40 bucks, I did it, I joined. I didn't join for the "Deep' issue I thought would come in the mail with some stickers. Seems everything is a download and I am a fan since '92, meaning I don't really know how to open all of the digital stuff. The box that the new member gifts comes in is the most interesting in the collaberation.

I joined not for this decorative box or to use this forum which I know absolutely nothing about. I joined because I have never seen Pearl Jam live and i thought the possibility of having a chance to get ticket would increase dramatically. I have tried to get tickets for my son who was born about the same time PJ exploded onto the scene. Instead of following PJ all over the earth as other fans could, I was raising a child alone.

Now it seems that I don't have any better chance of getting tickets.

What makes you think you can't get tix?? If you don't happen to win the 10C lottery (do you live in a high demand location? If not, you are practically guaranteed to get 10C tix), then your chances of finding someone on this forum who can hook you up are fairly good.... Did you get shut out of the last tour or something? With 10C and ticketmaster and secondary sales??
    There is NO reason why you shouldn't be able to get tix to a Pearl Jam show unless you are going out of your way not to try.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    I think you still increase your odds at gettting tickets by joining the 10c. I was 1/2. I got tickets for Vancouver but got shut out Seattle.

Most of the issue is that ticketmaster will only let fan clubs take up so many seats at their venues (of which they have a monopoly and its similar for other ticket agencies outside north america). Lots of fan club members these days so alot of people trying for a limited supply of tickets.

That being said. If you don't joint the 10c, you're trying to compete with ticketmaster for the remaining tickets. I got stuck with crappy nosebleeds with an obstructed view in Seattle. I barely got those.

They key to Pearl Jam is a road trip. Every tour they seemed to play somewhere out of the way where the tickets don't sell out. I think for the Eastern Leg it was Charlottlesville and for the Western Leg it was Spokane (and maybe Calgary/Portland/Vancouver).

If you live in the megatropolis of the northeast united states its pretty hard. Lots of people and fan members out there.

I still figure the 10c more than doubles my odds of gettings tickets. I get to try the presale and regular sale. Two shots at it. All the best tickets go to 10c though, so there's that too.

I joined the 10c for the Christmas Single... didn't find out about tickets until I got the mailer for the Yield tour.
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Welcome to the Forums!!
  • Options
    par10ker said:

That is a big statement. Getting tix is not impossible but I will agree with the above that in higher demand areas it is hard to get tix via 10c.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Plus, you have NO shot at 10C GA tix if you're not a member, and those are some sweeeeeet tix! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,868
    I hear you man, tell us where you live, I am sure someone will have an extra we can find.
  • Options
    MMPoochMMPooch New Jersey Posts: 68
    I just joined the 10c but have been a fan for a long time and have been able to go to concerts through regular sales over the years. Of course the seats have never been the best, but I always had an amazing time. I wish you luck getting to see the band in concert, keep faith and it will happen. I finally joined the 10c because I wanted to chat with people that felt the same way about the music that I do. For me it's just about having the connection with fellow fans and enjoying the conversations. Most people in my everyday life don't care or even know what I'm talking about when I ask what boot is better C'ville or Hartford or what version of Long Road from the 2013 tour was the best etc, so it's been really nice to come on here and finally be able to read about this stuff with people as passionate about it as myself. I hope you too can enjoy your membership and get to your first concert as well. :) I can't lie though....a dream for me would be to make it down in GA at the next concert, that has to be amazing!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Two words...
    Ticket Buddy
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    bobvlbobvl Media PA Posts: 28
    You should definitely see them. I was like you, started following PJ when Ten came out but I could never seem to get to a show. Finally saw them this past tour and it was like I was rediscovering the music, the band, everything. I've driven my poor family crazy listening to the bootleg :) The bad news is, once you've seen them live you will not want to stop at just one show ;) So see them, and then share it with all of your new friends here in 10c.
    No matter how cold the winter... there's a springtime ahead

Philadelphia 10.22.13
    Philadelphia 04.28.16
  • Options
    par10kerpar10ker Posts: 27
    Wow. What a beautiful bunch of people i"m about in tears. I am in Boise they were here in 2000 and I was busy just staying alive. The only thing we have here is the Single A Cubs and they want to leave.
  • Options
    par10kerpar10ker Posts: 27
    As soon as I figure out how to reply I will. I know tumblr and that's about it.
  • Options
    An EV avatar is different........

Maybe try a different one :-S
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I joined the club in '96. Until recently I have lived in the Northeast of the country(Pa and RI)

I have always gotten tickets thru here for every single tour except the '06 tour, which was due to my inability to attend.

You will be fine. It's really not that hard to find a way if the desire is true.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    derbydave said:

Two words...
    Ticket Buddy

This. As well as what Dr. Delight said: "It's really not that hard to find a way if the desire is true." Once you see them live, you will figure out a way to see them again and again.

Welcome to the club!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Trust me the $40 bucks is worth every penny when you make it into the pit, takes it all to a whole new level. Also the people here are a great way to get a ticket hookup if you miss out on the lottery, someone always needs a ticket buddy :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    par10ker said:

Wow. What a beautiful bunch of people i"m about in tears. I am in Boise they were here in 2000 and I was busy just staying alive. The only thing we have here is the Single A Cubs and they want to leave.

Quote EV Boise 2000 - "We'll never not play Boise again."

Don't worry, your chance will come and you won't look back. Less than 4 years ago I'd allowed life to make me miss every reasonable opportunity to see the band and also PJ have only played one club gig here in Scotland in 1992 and one arena gig in 2000 so I had to do a little travelling but immediately it changed my circle of friends and the gigs blew me away. Boise may never see PJ again for all we know but you'll have your chance to go within a few hundred miles hopefully at worst.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options

I joined the club in '96. Until recently I have lived in the Northeast of the country(Pa and RI)

I have always gotten tickets thru here for every single tour except the '06 tour, which was due to my inability to attend.

You will be fine. It's really not that hard to find a way if the desire is true.

Listen to the Dr.

You will see Pearl Jam if you desire.
  • Options
    Acesn8sAcesn8s Posts: 186
    Where there is a will there is a way
    Indio, CA 11-05-93
    Universal City, CA 09-30-09
    Los Angeles, CA 11-23-13
    Los Angeles, CA 11-24-13
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Even if you miss out on 10c tickets there is always public sale tickets. I've seen the band 8 times and not one of those tickets was from 10c. Got 5 shows this summer and 3 are 10c tickets.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

I will see PJ for the first time this year!!!!
    Was a big fan at their beginning but then life goes crazy. Long story...but I raised my son alone too. So I understand !
    In 2000 I tried it but then Roskilde happened and they left Europe. There were not many concerts here in Germany and if then I missed it. And traveling so far was never an option. At about two years ago (I don´t know what happened) but I can say I am now really into this great music - more than ever - and its now a big part and love in my life. Found all the other stuff like covers and specialy the live songs are what changed it into passion! It´s absolut on an other point now- love the songs that I didn´t like that much bevore ! But why so late?
    Last year I made it to the 10C. I didn´t know how the lottery works, so me and a very good friend just tried it for Amsterdam, Berlin and Leeds in hope to get one of them. Finally we won Berlin and Leeds and now we have to travel...And I cannot tell you how crazy I am about it!! I can´t believe that this will happen. And I feel feel feel that this passion grows and grows and I hope that after this summer my good friend will be so crazy about it like I am. All the others in my life think that I am crazy - no one understands this passion (am I too old?) or that I will drive so far and book a flight to Leeds for only two days. Really sad is that there are no big PJ fans besides me to share my love with. Where are the big German PJ fans?
    So, I fell like I am new here but I really love it to read all this stuff about PJ and feel the passion of the other members and hopefully I´m lucky to meet some of them in Berlin and Leeds.
    So try to get some tickets, don´t care about the money and believe me I know after this first concert it would have change our life and we will never miss a PJ gig !!!
    I can´t believe that I wrote all this stuff :D I must be really crazy - but it feels soo good 8->
    Much love to all of you PJ family members !
    :)>-
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Everything stated above is true regarding getting tickets, 10C is the most opportune way but there are certainly other routes. Stay tuned when the tour dates are launched and view how to get tickets outside of 10C when the time arrives if you are locked out of 10C ticket lottery. Example Hartford only sold their tickets through the XL website and not through ticketmaster so I wasted time on ticketmaster trying to get tickets and lost out on better chances when I finally started searching through the XL Center website. If all that fails people will be selling via multiple ticket sale sights. There are many crazy Pearl Jam Fans and opportunists know this so they buy up everything PJ and resell to fans for a profit :-t .

Boise is a tough area, expect to travel. If you have the money fly somewhere in the Northeast area and you can get tickets to multiple venues just days, or a day apart.

Good luck, welcome aboard.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

Trust me the $40 bucks is worth every penny when you make it into the pit, takes it all to a whole new level. Also the people here are a great way to get a ticket hookup if you miss out on the lottery, someone always needs a ticket buddy :)

So true especially when you can only Buy in 'Pairs'

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Isn't downloading the digital shit just a matter of clicking on a link? Like signing up for this site or doing similar activity online?

(and c'mon, you got the damned hashtags down so you can't be that technologically un-inclined ;) )

As others have said, will = way. People have scored tickets to shows well and way before access through a band's fan club.

Seek, and ye shall find!

Good luck, and welcome.

• Options
    jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    You'll see 'em! I finally did (Portland 2013), and wouldn't trade the experience for anything (and will be going to more). PJ shows in the Mountain West have been few and far between lately, and our driving distances to other cities can be brutal... but if you make it a priority you'll make it happen. If not Boise, a Boise-Gorge road trip wouldn't be too bad? There's always that Ament connection to Missoula too.... SLC, Den, Red Rocks... any could happen, just stay tuned. The people on this forum have a lot of PJ music and ticketing wisdom to tap into, so you're in the right place. Good luck!