The Internet Turns 25 This Year---Happy Birthday

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    g under p said:
    That is hilarious. Nice fucking job with the research Today show. Wtf, lol.
    I was in my very early 20s when I first used the internet, and didn't get my first cell phone until 2001.... and I can't really remember what it was like without it. Especially no cell phones though. You could only be in touch with people from home, or seek out a pay phone, and then could only hope that the other person was home too. How weird. I can't believe you actually had to answer the phone without even knowing who was calling. image
    And with no internet..... how did anyone know anything?? image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    PJ_Soul said:

. how did anyone know anything??

1-900-RUN-DEAD

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    When I heard this over the radio I thought how innocent they were trying to understand the Internet and what it is supposed to do. I didn't get my first cell phone till 1997 as a birthday gift and I refused to buy one so my then wife gave me one. I wonder if she gave it to me to keep tabs on me?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    edited March 2014
    I remember *learning* about the Internet in the early 90's when I was in High School and Thinking wtf is ALL this :P haha
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA