accurate guitar tab for Lightning Bolt?

The one found all over the web is...wrong. Anyone got it down?
Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I've pieced together a pretty good 1 guitar version from the tabs posted at ultimate-guitar and watching some youtubes.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Care to send it my way?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    edited March 2014
    Don't have it tabbed out, but I can try a walkthrough with my limited guitar jargon.

starts with the open A string and a 7th fret d string thing repeated INTRO

"She comes on like a stone" VERSE
    little walks up and down the d string 11,12,14, 12, 11 then 12,14,16,14,12, back to 11,12,14,12,14, the 7 and 4...all that movement is on the d string while keeping it going on the A string as well

"She comes out the deep"
    Next, I switch to the open chords, while keeping the movement of the verse riff in there. You're doing the full chords along with the walks.

With the A chord, the movement is on the B string...start with your standard open A, ring finger to the 3rd fret, pinky to 5th, then work you way back down the open A

switch to the open D chord and you have a similar walk up/down, but it's on the high E this time...2,3,5,3,2

The second time through the A is a little different instead of going 2,3,5,3,2 on the B string, you're going 2,3,5,3,5

then I just a big open D chord with no movement for the last one

"You gotta know you'll never let her go" PRE CHORUS and CHORUS
    What I'm calling a C chord here is actually a little different from a C and I know it has a different name, but I can remember the name, but it's tabbed e-0
    b-3
    g-0
    d-2
    a-3
    e-x

A,A,C A,A,D,D,C,C on that C there's a little back in for between the 2nd and 3rd fret on the A string that goes along with the lead line, on the 4th time through that little progression you hold the C instead of the back and forth, heading into the lead

There's a single note line that goes with this played on the d and g strings

g-------77-55-45454
    d---5/7--------------- play through that 4x, but on the 4th time stick the first 4th fret g string and hold it going into the lead break

LEAD...
    with ebow on the D string...7 5,7,10,7,5,7,10,7,5,7 5,7,10,7,10,12,10 2x

hard to get this next part tabbed right and I'm sure it's not exact
    e --5 5-----5 5-----5
    b --5 5-----5 5-----5
    g 7b-----7b-----7b do that 2 x-----7b 7b 7br pulloff 5 7 5
    d ------------------------------------------------------------------------- /////7//////7/////7

Tried to line stuff up there. It's a pretty standard lick and the slides up to the 7 come at the end.

"Always something and never nothing" BRIDGE
    basically just these four chords picked out
    A G Bm F
    e - - - 1
    b 5 3 3 1
    g 6 4 2 2
    d 7 5 4 3
    a
    E

EDIT:^^^the 1 on the high e goes with the F chord

Yeah, Yeah...Until the lightning strike sets you free

Not sure on this part, but it's close...I think they may play something simiilar, but higher up on the neck

e 0 0 0 0
    b 0 0 0 3
    g 1 2 4 4
    d 2 2 2 2
    a 2 2 2 2
    E 0 0 0 0

After that I think it goes back into the prechorus then chorus, then back to intro, so that should cover all the parts. Hope that helps a little as clusterfucky as it is.

EDIT: made some alterations to try and align things

Post edited by DewieCox on
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    money...I'll give it a shot later and see how it goes.