Options

Youkan

SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Anybody Know Whats Up With The Site?
See this needle...a see my hand...
Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
Turn me up...won't turn you away...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimbeejimbee Posts: 81
    i think it died awhile ago...
    * Friends don't let friends use MP3 *
  • Options
    DrCreepDrCreep Posts: 8
    I know Jason (Youkan) was looking for someone to take over the site as his other commitments weren't allowing him the time to run things the way he wanted to to.

Just before the outage, he put up a request for donations since it was time to pay bills again. I'm not sure what happened beyond that.

I had sent him an email offering to take over and keep the site running, but nothing had come of that yet. It'd be a shame to see a nice place like youkanland go away. It's a really great community of fans full of some terrific people. I think the future of the site right now is uncertain at best, but hopefully he'll find someone to take over and keep it alive. I might email him this week and see what his thoughts are. I've told him that I've got the skills, time and desire to step in and maintain the site, but with his schedule as tight as it is, he probably just hasn't gotten around to choosing a successor yet.

I'd speculate that the site's going to be down until he gets things sorted out.

We'll see what happens.
    Doc
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    Thanks.

I Was Dl Some Shows And Needed Some Seeding.
    Oh Well.

Hope It Goes Back Up

It Is A Great Site
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    SBC03 wrote:
    It Is A Great Site

Yes it is.