MacBook Pro 15" Retina

Who here is an Apple person. I recently switched from Windows to Mac. I recently purchased the MacBook Pro 15 Retina, and I am quite pleased. Any thoughts on Apple?

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Apple makes great stuff but they tempt you with overpriced upgrades. I've heard the retina models are pretty amazing.
  • Just bought one for my son... amazing. He won't let me borrow it :((
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    TripleB said:

Any thoughts on Apple?

never heard of them.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    been a Mac guy since 1995......they've all been good except the POS "blue and white" we had back in 2000ish
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I switched to a macbook pro about 2.5 years ago and I love it. Never getting another PC
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i've had my macbook pro for like 7+ years now ... except for the battery being shot ... it still boots up quick and fast ... granted ti don't do a lot except surf, keep my photos and make videos ... i would say the main negative with apple is some products like office don't work as easy as on a pc ... but the best part by far is that it has lasted where a lot of my pc friends have gone through 3 or 4 laptops in that same time frame ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited February 2014
    Been a Mac user for quite some time, I'd never use anything else, My wife's iMac is 7 or 8 years old, never had a moments trouble with it, mine is 4 or 5 years no problems.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Macs are the best. I've gone through 3 new pcs in the last 1.5 yrs at work (not a joke). But my MacBook is still running like a champ after 7+ years of hard use.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Got all the stuff. iPods, iPhones, Macbook Pro, iPad, Apple TV and airport express. They all talk to each other. Only issue I have had is the battery life on the Mac Book died, ordered a replacement battery for 50 bucks and it's like a new computer.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I switched 8 years ago and haven't been happier! Got my iMac in January 2006 and it still runs like the day I took it out of the box. In an 8 year span prior to my Apple purchase, I had 3 Windows based Dell computers. So yeah, you pay a bit more of a premium up front, but it's a long term investment in my mind. In the 8 years owning 3 Dells, I spent well over $4000 in them. My iMac was $1400 and still runing perfectly fine. Now tell me which one is more expensive!