Options

I live in Seattle now, the fun is so on now, who is in?

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757

hope everyone is having a happy and blessed day today

Doin' well. You have a great day too, Hank!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    brianlux said:

hope everyone is having a happy and blessed day today

Doin' well. You have a great day too, Hank!

you too bud
  • Options
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    rubbin elbows with any homeless heroin junkies yet?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

not yet, lol
  • Options

chadwick said:

not yet, lol
    you'll find 'em or they'll find you
    look under the freeway, bridges & empty buildings

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

chadwick said:

not yet, lol

yeah I don't usually frequent those places
  • Options
    edited March 2014

chadwick said:

chadwick said:

not yet, lol

yeah I don't usually frequent those places
    but they're all about seattle & need a friend
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Hey Hank, if you're into reading, check out Sherman Alexie's Reservation Blues- a very cool tale (in which he revives Robert Johnson!) set in Washington State. In most most of his books take place in Spokane (he's from a reservation near there) and Seattle (where he now resides). Great stuff!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    what neighborhood are you in?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

what neighborhood are you in?

South Beacon Hill/Ranier Valley very cool neighborhood and the whole upstairs is mine have a great set up, plus I got some Alaskan Thunderfuck for anyone that wants to come over and smoke, now that it is legal why not? hang out and smoke watch Pearl Jam on my 42in 1080p TV, mi casa, su casa, anyone who wants to hang out PM me and I will give my # and address
  • Options
    alaskan thunderscrew... wonderful
    it may be legal & all & that is great but employers still do urine tests, yes/no?
    can a iron worker or truck driver or city bus transit guy use THC on his own free time without having his boss breathe down his neck? i highly doubt it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    chadwick said:

it may be legal & all & that is great but employers still do urine tests, yes/no?
    can a iron worker or truck driver or city bus transit guy use THC on his own free time without having his boss breathe down his neck? i highly doubt it

true, I have passed every single drug test I have ever taken, but if you are employed at a place that could subject you to a random drug tests, then I would advise against smoking pot or find a job where they are much more progressive and forward thinking
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options

chadwick said:

true, I have passed every single drug test I have ever taken, but if you are employed at a place that could subject you to a random drug tests, then I would advise against smoking pot or find a job where they are much more progressive and forward thinking
    are you saying a ferry captain is at a job where they are not progressive & forward thinking? a iron worker has the task of erecting buildings for nonprogessive & backward thinking folks? i drove a semi truck & was tested anytime all the time, i was working for slow forward thinking oxen with the progressive nature of a turd

it isn't that simple, sportsfan

right now many in seattle would love to use thc but they would rather hold down their jobs to feed their families

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

Quote of the year!

May I use your phrase from now on?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    chadwick said:

chadwick said:

are you saying a ferry captain is at a job where they are not progressive & forward thinking? a iron worker has the task of erecting buildings for nonprogessive & backward thinking folks? i drove a semi truck & was tested anytime all the time, i was working for slow forward thinking oxen with the progressive nature of a turd

right now many in seattle would love to use thc but they would rather hold down their jobs to feed their families

chadwick said:

chadwick said:

they don't test for alcohol and that is far more likely to impair your ability to do your job than some joint you smoked 2 weeks ago, so it is all bullshit, unless you just smoked within 2 hours of your shift, so yeah those companies testing for pot are neither progressive or forward thinking, and the fact that THC stimulates creativity, you reduce your companies progessiveness, because you have fewer ideas coming from outside the box, because you will have fewer creative employees, but that is my opinion and I am entitled to it, look at all the music since 1967 that you listen to, I bet psychedelic drugs, pot included, influenced at least 95% of those songs, and the movies you watch, I would say at least 80% of those were influenced, ever watch the commercials on TV, those people coming up with that shit have to be high as hell
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i wouldn't say it's the companies that hire folks but the laws.

lawsuits, greed & horse shit. many looking for any reason to file a lawsuit to make a buck. happens all the time, all day long.

2 weeks ago a ferry captain is stoned to the bone... good for him. he does not drink alcohol either. when he is at work oneday he runs his ferry into a fishing vessel, sinks both ships, 9 people drown & 244 come down with hypothermia from treading water for quite some time in the dark cold ass water

hundreds are saved & doing well

guess whose balls are in a fucking bench vice? was he stoned? no. is he fucked? yes
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

i wouldn't say it's the companies that hire folks but the laws.

lawsuits, greed & horse shit. many looking for any reason to file a lawsuit to make a buck. happens all the time, all day long.

2 weeks ago a ferry captain is stoned to the bone... good for him. he does not drink alcohol either. when he is at work oneday he runs his ferry into a fishing vessel, sinks both ships, 9 people drown & 244 come down with hypothermia from treading water for quite some time in the dark cold ass water

hundreds are saved & doing well

guess whose balls are in a fucking bench vice? was he stoned? no. is he fucked? yes

well I have been smoking for 25 years and I would never smoke pot before work, I smoke after work every day, and it is pretty awesome, I have no respect for anyone who would get stoned when they could endanger other peoples lives the same way if they were drinking or taking prescription meds that would endanger those lives, I would not even drive stoned
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    anyway anyone in Seattle who wants to smoke a joint with me, PM me I live in the Ranier Valley/South Beacon Hill neighborhood
  • Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    chadwick, why so testy? usually you are more groovy but on this subject you seem tense. just my opinion.
    there are ways to pass drug tests without having clean urine. you can buy synthetic urine, or clean urine from someone else. if you can get a prescription for marinol your employer will have to allow you to SLIGHTLY fail urinalysis, allowing you to smoke and then clean up for a few days before your test.

great to have you back Hank and glad to see that you are living life with the volume full!!! there's alot of folks, even around here, that could use your wisdom...but i guess if they wont take it from Eddie, we don't have a chance at bringing them around!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    after 25 years of toking my first ever
    rgambs said:

chadwick, why so testy? usually you are more groovy but on this subject you seem tense. just my opinion.
    there are ways to pass drug tests without having clean urine. you can buy synthetic urine, or clean urine from someone else. if you can get a prescription for marinol your employer will have to allow you to SLIGHTLY fail urinalysis, allowing you to smoke and then clean up for a few days before your test.

great to have you back Hank and glad to see that you are living life with the volume full!!! there's alot of folks, even around here, that could use your wisdom...but i guess if they wont take it from Eddie, we don't have a chance at bringing them around!

exactly, and thank you, not asking anyone to break any laws and if they are subject to random drug tests then of course don't smoke pot, that is just common sense that should go without saying, all I want to do is enjoy my favorite band and hang out with other people who also love Pearl Jam, and yeah that was a one of many reasons why I moved to Seattle, but if smoking pot is not your thing, we can still hang out, and watch Pearl Jam, I just found that smoking pot makes the music so much better. And the offer is still open to the band, I am living here in Seattle now so if you guys ever want to smoke out and not talk about Pearl Jam and just talk about life, PM me and come on over, it will be a cool time
  • Options
    rgambs said:

sorry i was came across testy & tense & not so groovy
    i will sign up for hank's wisdom

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    you got chadwick wisdom i wouldn't trade that away easily brother that's hard won wisdom!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    the fact is we all love Pearl Jam, and I happen to think we can never have enough friends, and it has been my experience that most Pearl Jam fans are pretty damn cool, so if you are in the Seattle area and don't mind having another friend and would like to hang out sometime, PM me and I will give you my number, I already got a girlfriend who I adore more than anything in this world, so don't worry this invitation is strictly just to be friends
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    okay so what is the going rate for this legal weed? The buds look alright. But like what do they charge for an 1/8 in a store like that?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

okay so what is the going rate for this legal weed? The buds look alright. But like what do they charge for an 1/8 in a store like that?
    100.00 for a quarter of Alaskan Thunderfuck delivered to your door, you can get lesser grades for 80.00 and 70.00, I personally like the high THC sativas because it doesn't kill your motivation, but this delivery service is the only legalized weed distributor at this point in the whole state, and I am outside the delivery area so I had to meet the driver downtown, but it was legal, but as more places are approved I would say within 2 years you should see 25 an eighth for top quality which is about what you can get with a medical card both here and in California, initially though the prices are going to be higher though
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731

100.00 for a quarter of Alaskan Thunderfuck delivered to your door, you can get lesser grades for 80.00 and 70.00, I personally like the high THC sativas because it doesn't kill your motivation, but this delivery service is the only legalized weed distributor at this point in the whole state, and I am outside the delivery area so I had to meet the driver downtown, but it was legal, but as more places are approved I would say within 2 years you should see 25 an eighth for top quality which is about what you can get with a medical card both here and in California, initially though the prices are going to be higher though
    My God in heaven. Here I figured that these legal dispensaries would be more expensive and the only reason to use one would be if your dealer was out or not around. But Jesus, comparable prices (you're saying someday lower prices), possibly danker weed, and a DELIVERY SERVICE? Man oh man....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

My God in heaven. Here I figured that these legal dispensaries would be more expensive and the only reason to use one would be if your dealer was out or not around. But Jesus, comparable prices (you're saying someday lower prices), possibly danker weed, and a DELIVERY SERVICE? Man oh man....
    the half baked reality is here my friend :) and the quality is amazing, many new strains have been developed at the University of Washington in Seattle, finally the educational system doing some good
  • Options
    Hmmm- might have to visit my former state of residence again this year. :-)