We are going skiing!

EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
edited February 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
How stupid is that? We are the only living oranisms that go TOWARD the cold. Even birds are smart enough to head to warmth. Going to be the worst "vacation" ever.
Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Comments

• Where you going? It may not be as wretched as you're expecting.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    With that kind of attitude, you're gonna have a bad time. ;)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    We are ? Where ? When ?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited February 2014
    I love the cold! I wish I could be somewhere colder. It's 5C right now. Especially if I could ski. That is by FAR my favorite sports activity! It is SOOOOO much fun!! I am jealous of you!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    PJ_Soul said:

I love the cold! I wish I could be somewhere colder. It's 5C right now. Especially if I could ski. That is by FAR my favorite sports activity! It is SOOOOO much fun!! I am jealous of you!

For me to, I love to ski. Living in Calgary I'm fortunate to be so close to the mountains, I try to get out once a week. Where do you ski?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited February 2014
    wasa1971 said:

PJ_Soul said:

For me to, I love to ski. Living in Calgary I'm fortunate to be so close to the mountains, I try to get out once a week. Where do you ski?
    I'm in Vancouver, so Cypress or Whistler/Blackcomb. My sister and her hubby have a cabin up in Whistler, so that's handy. :) I lived in Banff when I was younger though - awesome skiing in that area too!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

wasa1971 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm in Vancouver, so Cypress or Whistler/Blackcomb. My sister and her hubby have a cabin up in Whistler, so that's handy. :) I lived in Banff when I was younger though - awesome skiing in that area too!
    I have never been to either Whistler or Blackcomb, I hear it's a must at some point. Lucky you!!!!!
  • wasa1971 said:

As for me,
    Lake Louise has been my go-to the past few years.
    This season,
    I've scored an RCR card.
    Kicking Horse, Fernie,
    maybe a bit of Panorama...
    these are my destinations for the season.
    And you, Wasa?

Cheers.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    was at Brighton ski area last night.....cold as hell, total whiteout, wind blowing about 40 mph....fuck me
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

wasa1971 said:

As for me,
    Lake Louise has been my go-to the past few years.
    This season,
    I've scored an RCR card.
    Kicking Horse, Fernie,
    maybe a bit of Panorama...
    these are my destinations for the season.
    And you, Wasa?

Cheers.
    I ski a lot at Sunshine. Was at Kicking horse for the first time over Christmas, terrain was awesome, would have liked more snow. We went from KH to Panorama, it sucked as usual, then on to Kimberley. The snow was epic, just like when I was a kid, nearly waste deep on the back side for the first few runs (im rambling, sorry, it just gets me excited!!) We get to Nelson a few times a year, my brother lives there and knows people who run a cat skiing operation, so that's always a good time. I have never been to Fernie, what did you think?
  • Where you going? It may not be as wretched as you're expecting.
    Cheers.

Some rinky dink mt in PA. Way too much work to relax/have fun.

It was everything I expected and then some. Though my kids loved it so it's all worth it.

I still don't get the concept of going up top coming down and getting where you intended. Then going back up. What's up with that? You're there! Where are you going?

Where's the bar?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • I still don't get the concept of going up top coming down and getting where you intended. Then going back up. What's up with that? You're there! Where are you going?

Where's the bar?

That's similar to my attitude towards jogging or lifting weights.
    You're running somewhere just so you can run back- WHAT?!
    You're picking it up to put it down- WHY?!

Yeah, yeah I realize the whole health angle, of course.
    I would rather play basketball with a few buddies than jog around.
    I would rather... move boxes in the garage than lift weights.

Skiing... at least you've got different ways to go.
    But then again, you do with jogging too.
    Dammit, I need to go rethink my thoughts.

Cheers.

• Rent a snowmobile if you don't wanna ski, they are a LOT of fun! I'm not a skier, never learned how to do it. But outdoor activities in the winter are awesome! As long as it's not mega cold and you are in a blizzard...
  • I live in south Florida ( 80+ today ;) ) but travel to Colorado during the winter every month to Summit County, Copper Mountain mostly. Great year for a powder hound like myself =P~ .

Dress for the cold & enjoy the ride.
    It's simple, point the ski or snowboard down the hill & go <:-P .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Skiing rules.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"