intro music: Waving Palms

01. Trouble-(Stevens)
02. Sometimes
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Can’t Keep
05. Without You
06. Broken Heart
07. You’re True
08. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
09. Setting Forth
10. Far Behind
11. Guaranteed
12. Rise
13. Good Woman-(Marshall)
14. Betterman
15. Masters Of War-(Dylan)
16. Lukin
17. Porch
18. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Bryant, Bryant) [busk]
19. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
20. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglová)
21. Arc

Encore Break

(Ed talks about the ukulele and how wonderful it is and how a great song about the ukulele was written by Amanda Palmer. He then introduces Amanda who comes out and plays with Ed.)

22. Ukulele Anthem w/ Amanda Palmer-(Palmer)

(‘Rockin’’dedicated to Jake and his soon to be wife whom he proposed to at the Springsteen concert and to Matt whom Ed accidentally took a beer from at the same show.)
23. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
24. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard and Amanda Palmer-(Peterson)

Glen Hansard set list
01. Bird Of Sorrow
02. Love, Don’t Leave Me Waiting
03. When Your Mind’s Made Up
04. Why Woman
05. Pennies In The Fountain
06. Finally
07. Song Of Good Hope
08. This Gift

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    It´s so great to read these setlists from Down under!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    CappoCappo Posts: 71
    What a great show, 10c came through with good seats. 6th row on the isle with a perfect view of the stage.
    Only caught the last 3 songs from Glen, I will be sure to get there early tomorrow to see the whole set. It seems everyone has said how great he was and they were right.
    Ed was great, he was in good form with lots if laughs.
    Highlights for me were Masters of war, Arc and Ukulele Anthem.
    If tomorrow is half as good as tonight it will be great.
  • Options
    Ian80Ian80 Posts: 136
    6 Eddie shows and still haven't seen master's of war. Very jealous of tonight's crowd. Awesome set list as always. Love live vicariously through these posts now my tour is over.
  • Options
    NT251861NT251861 Perth Posts: 40
    Can't believe Amanda Palmer was there. She's a legend, lucky you guys getting to see Ed, Amanda and Glen in one night!

Great set list too.
    no matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead... PJ - Adelaide 98, 09; Perth 03, 06, 09, 14; EV - Perth 11, 14 (2 shows), Brisbane 14 (2 shows)
  • Options
    LucanLucan Posts: 104
    Truly on song last night. Great setlist, good performances, and the guests were fantastic.
    Our 10C seats were 20-odd rows back, and very thankful to have had them and avoid the public sale bunfight.

What has happened to EV fans? In 2011 we were all up on our feet rockin' out to Porch, but the first two nights in Melb we've been glued to our seats until the very end.
    Will be on my feet tonight, being the last time we'll be seeing Eddie for a while (we're pretty close to the back of the stalls so we won't be blockin' too many views).
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Lucky lucky peoples
  • Options
    One of the best performances I've seen from Ed - PJ or solo. Lukin was amazing, as were the cameos and covers. He was in great form between songs too.
  • Options
    ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    My dream came true last night! I finally got to meet my hero and have a mini conversation with him. I wanted to give him something so I spent all day yesterday crocheting a beanie for him. I had to squeeze it through the fence and when he came close to me I asked him to take it. He asked me if I had made it to which I replied that I had actually made it that day. I'll never forget him saying "Oh that is so cool". He actually quickly popped it on his head as he was getting into the car.
    After this and hearing my 2 favourite songs (Millworker & M of W) my EV life is complete. I am content.
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    ItsOKaye said:

My dream came true last night! I finally got to meet my hero and have a mini conversation with him. I wanted to give him something so I spent all day yesterday crocheting a beanie for him. I had to squeeze it through the fence and when he came close to me I asked him to take it. He asked me if I had made it to which I replied that I had actually made it that day. I'll never forget him saying "Oh that is so cool". He actually quickly popped it on his head as he was getting into the car.
    After this and hearing my 2 favourite songs (Millworker & M of W) my EV life is complete. I am content.

Wow!
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    Uke anthem with Amanda Palmer, that is so cool!!! And great work on the beanie.
  • Options
    Good show, 10c seats were average, probably could have done better via ticketmaster. Good sound though, almost dead centre helped with that.

We were third row in the stalls, I was hoping it was third row in the orchestra area. :(
    PJ Melbourne - 2006 Melbourne - 2009 Melbourne - 2014 EV Perth - 2011 Melbourne 2014
  • Options
    Had a great time last night. 10C tix, row p orchestra which was excellent. Big props to the crowd, after the warning announcement I didn't see even a single flash. Bit of random yelling but easily the best solo crowd I've been a part of.

The set was fantastic and double thumbs up to whoever asked for Masters of War the previous show, we got it instead. It was certainly on my bucket list of songs to hear once. As per usual Glen was great, Amanda was rocking with her uke anthem and EV, well just like always he delivered. His voice just seems to get better every time I hear him.

Can't wait for tonight to do it all again.

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,901
    My second of two nights...

Ed was obviously feeling better than Sunday night where he was struggling with a hangover.

Another really great performance!

My personal highlights were: Masters of War, Sleepless Nights with Glen with no mics (I was literally back row top deck and could hear them perfectly), alternate Betterman, Hide Your Love Away, and Lukin!!

I'd agree with a post above...for the second night running the crowd were a bit subdued. I sat about 10th row Sunday and back row for this show but the lack of singing and energy at times was disappointing. The crowd really let Ed know their appreciation at the appropriate times and gave him a standing ovation at the start and end but generally the crowd were like stale bottles of piss!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    ItsOKaye said:

That's so exciting for you!!

"In fact, punk rock means exemplary manners to your fellow human being. Fuck being an arsehole" - Joe Strummer.

Instagram: pipingroller
    Facebook: Eden Sandwell
  • Options
    darl77darl77 Posts: 33
    That is awesome ItsOKaye, not only for meeting him but the beanie too
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
    i'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
    i will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
    hey i won't change direction, and i won't change my mind
    how much difference does it make
  • Options
    I would post a photo but I cant work out how to do it
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    edited February 2014
    ItsOKaye said:

I would post a photo but I cant work out how to do it

I saw your photos on a facebook group...great idea to give Ed a homemade beanie :).

Here are your photos! :) :

PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Thanks Emma. I hope it fits and that he might wear it sometimes.
  • Options
    vishalbhindoravishalbhindora Posts: 87
    edited February 2014
    ItsOKaye said:

I was one of many people who got to see him after the show that night. I remember him wearing the beanie as he was walking back in the car. And I remember you being very excited :) I am happy for you :)
  • Options
    My 10C tickets were 3rd row of the Orchestra which was awesome but the crowd was a bit quiet, seems people a few rows behind were more eager to stand up than the front was. M of W was a real highlight and for a second show in a row I was blown away by how beautiful Eddie and Glen are together on Falling Slowly.
  • Options

ItsOKaye said:

I was one of many people who got to see him after the show that night. I remember him wearing the beanie as he was walking back in the car. And I remember you being very excited :) I am happy for you :)

ItsOKaye said:

Thank you. I know we weren't allowed to take photos but if someone sneaked one in I would love to see it.
  • Options
    ridleyridley Posts: 163
    Does anyone know what someone yelled that prompted Ed to reply "say it again you nasty f*ck" right before Ukulele anthem?
    2003-02-19 Melbourne
    2003-02-20 Melbourne
    2006-11-13 Melbourne
    2006-11-14 Melbourne
    2006-11-16 Melbourne
    2009-11-22 Sydney
    2011-03-18 Sydney
    2011-03-19 Sydney
  • Options
    CappoCappo Posts: 71
    ridley said:

Does anyone know what someone yelled that prompted Ed to reply "say it again you nasty f*ck" right before Ukulele anthem?

After Amanda says she has just had her brain blown( by Eds performance). Its hard to make out but some guy yells something like "wait until he gets you into the sack."
  • Options
    Was a fantastic show, was out front waiting with some of the loyal fans from about 3pm, glad they opened up a door and sold merch early (like 430). Heard some fantastic stories of people meeting ed both during the last few days and over the journey and having met him in a pool hall in Adelaide myself a few years back it was great to hear that others have stories of how genuine and thoughtful ed and all the boys are to their fans.
    Anyway I was waiting with another lovely couple down the side of the palais not too long after ed went in the building just chatting and sharing stories when out of the sky came floating 3 ed ved guitar picks ! Couldn't believe it, his dressing room was right above where we were talking and he must have seen us looking down from his window and thrown out the 3 picks. Such a great bloke and as always such an intimate and brilliant show
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    That was cool, picks out of the sky :) Oh and that beanie looked great...
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    jarkkonieminenjarkkonieminen Melbourne, Australia Posts: 126
    Tonight was the first of two nites with EV for me.

First of all Ten Club tickets were great. Six rows back in the orchestra. Thanks once again!

Highlights for me were definitely Masters of War, Arc and RITFW.

My wife used my +1 ticket. She loves the Into the Wild stuff and got to hear her favourites Rise and Society. She also loved the version of Falling Slowly Ed does with Glen Hansard.
    Pearl Jam
    1995: Melbourne #3
    1998: Melbourne 1,2 & 3
    2003: Sydney #1, Adelaide, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3
    2006: Melbourne #1
    2009: Melbourne
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Charlotte, Phoenix
    2014: Melbourne, Cincinnati, Memphis, Denver
    2016: Hampton, Columbia
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2
    EV
    2011: Brisbane #2
    2014: Melbourne 2 & 3
  • Options
    Thank you for our great seats via 10c. My wife and I really enjoyed the show. Ed gave 100% even though he was nursing a bad hangover, he still played and entertained the audience. I love these intimate shows. So much fun to watch. From my wife and I we thank you. Can't wait for you to return to Melbourne.
    Live life to the fulliest and play hard..........
    www.facebook.com/thepassouts
  • Options
    ItsOKaye said:

ItsOKaye said:

ItsOKaye said:

Thank you. I know we weren't allowed to take photos but if someone sneaked one in I would love to see it.
    ItsOKaye said:

ItsOKaye said:

ItsOKaye said:

I don't know how to post pics but I got a couple of Eddie that night after the show. If you give me your email, I'll send them through. Not amazing pics but I was trying to be sneaky!!
  • Options
    MlescanoMlescano Posts: 13
    Eddie Please come to argentina.
    We miss you. Argetnina NEEDS your Solo TOur ^:)^
    Maxi
  • Options

ItsOKaye said:

I don't know how to post pics but I got a couple of Eddie that night after the show. If you give me your email, I'll send them through. Not amazing pics but I was trying to be sneaky!!

I would love to see some photos of that night. Did you get my email address I PM'd to you?