Wah Pedal Help

I have a Dunlop Cry Baby Classic GCB95F that isn't working. It's powered with a power supply (that has worked in the past). When plugged in, I have no sound, at all. Normally I would check the jacks but, with this wah, I have no idea how to get to them since they are enclosed. Any ideas on how to tackle this?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy

Comments

• i think it is time for an upgrade. to me, there are so many wahs out there that it would be a bad idea to spend any money getting it fixed. most places charge $40 or $50 just to open the thing. you could put that money towards an upgrade. that is what i would do anyway.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Yeah, normally I'd agree. This is my second one. My first one was an old style one where I could get into the guts and monkey around. I've been saving that one just because of that. A buddy passed this one on to me--he was given it for free and passed it to me, for free. If I pass it on, it has to be for free (per his conditions). I haven't spent anything on it and I'm not really looking to take it to a repair shop. I was just wondering if it was something I could do, myself.

BTW: "St. F*cking Louis" is the best way to put it (though I've never been there---heard there's awesome food, though).
  • Yeah, normally I'd agree. This is my second one. My first one was an old style one where I could get into the guts and monkey around. I've been saving that one just because of that. A buddy passed this one on to me--he was given it for free and passed it to me, for free. If I pass it on, it has to be for free (per his conditions). I haven't spent anything on it and I'm not really looking to take it to a repair shop. I was just wondering if it was something I could do, myself.

BTW: "St. F*cking Louis" is the best way to put it (though I've never been there---heard there's awesome food, though).

yeah man, i get it. you don't want to put money into if if you don't have to. especially if you can't sell it. unfortunately i don't ever open any of my pedals, if i did that it would be certain disaster haha...

st louis is ok. we have great italian food here and a few nice steakhouses, but that is about it. i am trying to leave this city in search of greener pastures, but have not found the right career move yet. you ought to check st louis out if you get a chance. there are some cool things to do downtown.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • I wanna visit the area and the fire depts.
  • My Vox V846-HW has the electrical schematic on the bottom plate. I'm not familier with your wah, but if you can unscrew the bottom plate maybe there is a schematic you can reference, that is assuming you have/know how to use a multi-meter and can identify diodes, capacitors, potentiometers ect and can check for for something faulty. If that is above your capabilities, and you've cleaned the jacks and can verify it is powering on, you might need to go ahead and scrap it and buy another one.
  • I can't even get to the jacks because they're encased...