Options

Rumor of a summer tour.

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    NJ not NY weird but any show is better than no show's i guess ...

home of the NY giants and the NY jets

Id be happy with the medowlands
    ANY TRI STATE SHOW would be great
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Something just doesn't add up...I can't see Ed playing the April mini-tour, potentially extending it into the East coast in May (a la the Toronto rumours) and then be blessed with a Pearl Jam tour in late spring/summer, followed by a few Vote for Change shows in the fall...it just doesn't add up. Ed will need downtime after his solo tour. I appreciate everyone posting rumours as they hear them, but someone is fucking with us.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mjb wrote:
    Something just doesn't add up...I can't see Ed playing the April mini-tour, potentially extending it into the East coast in May (a la the Toronto rumours) and then be blessed with a Pearl Jam tour in late spring/summer, followed by a few Vote for Change shows in the fall...it just doesn't add up. Ed will need downtime after his solo tour. I appreciate everyone posting rumours as they hear them, but someone is fucking with us.

ed's current "tour" is 2 weeks long...

i think he can handle it :D
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    Get_Right wrote:
    home of the NY giants and the NY jets

Id be happy with the medowlands
    ANY TRI STATE SHOW would be great

izod center in the old continental which they played last tour, not the meadowlands, that would royally suck
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    well they better play Alaska :D
    Vote for PJ to play in Alaska

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Get_Right wrote:
    happens every time!
    Which is good because something is in the works and I will hopefully get to keep my streak of seeing PJ every year since 2003 alive.

pearl jam has been my summer vacation for the past 5 years, and i dont see that changing this year...
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:
    izod center in the old continental which they played last tour, not the meadowlands, that would royally suck

not giants stadium

but

isnt the "meadowlands" both the arena and the stadium?
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    my2hands wrote:
    ed's current "tour" is 2 weeks long...

i think he can handle it :D

I sure hope so you're right - but I wouldn't expect much of a "Pearl Jam Tour" this spring/summer...maybe we see the festival thing and a couple VFC shows, but I would think Ed is taking some time after the solo tour...just my two cents.
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    I sure hope so you're right - but I wouldn't expect much of a "Pearl Jam Tour" this spring/summer...maybe we see the festival thing and a couple VFC shows, but I would think Ed is taking some time after the solo tour...just my two cents.

actually I think this mini tour is it-I hope Im wrong!
    then PJ does a few east coast (and southern-think about it, they are not playing down there in July and August) shows before bonnaroo
    then the VFC thing in the fall
    some recording thrown in for fun

a very busy year indeed
    of course thats just my guess and has no basis in fact
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Get_Right wrote:
    not giants stadium

but

I'm pretty sure you're right.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    I heard that Stone was also growing out his big Trans-Canada BEARD again!

Any confirmation on THAT ?!?

:)
    break out the Stoney Pony plaid pants!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    It would be nice if they hit up the South.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    lance_gray wrote:
    It would be nice if they hit up the South.

Yea, but unnecessary. ;)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    If we wanted to be technical, the spring season in North America runs from March 20 until June 21. We often accept Memorial Day as the unofficial beginning of summer, but--technically speaking--Bonnaroo is a spring festival.

Thus, a spring Pearl Jam tour could actually include Bonnaroo as part of a series of dates. They could go out for the final weeks of May and most of June as their spring tour.

Just food for thought.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    My instincts don't believe in a VFC tour...for all the good it did last time, I just don't see it..
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Get_Right wrote:
    not giants stadium

but

I was just about to say that.

The Izod Center is AT the Meadowlands.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    My instincts don't believe in a VFC tour...for all the good it did last time, I just don't see it..

Agreed.. alot of people forget that the Vote For Change tour didn't bring any change at all.

At least we got some shows though.

I still think we are getting an 08 tour, just not VFC.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    This youtube blog says that they might play this summer http://youtube.com/watch?v=FM7Rpf1x7RU
  • Options
    LOVIN' all the rumors!
    i for one think *something* will be happening this year most definitely. summer east coast/southern tour.......yes! perhaps some fall VFC type shows as well. i am soooooooooo up for some more live pearl jam this summer, bring em on! :D

oh and yes, 5 years running of seeing pearl jam annually....ALL for making it 6 thus far! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    This youtube blog says that they might play this summer http://youtube.com/watch?v=FM7Rpf1x7RU

Man, that joke just doesn't get old, does it? Really, keep doing that! It's so unpredictable! I swear it gets funnier every time!
    92xxx
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    Man, that joke just doesn't get old, does it? Really, keep doing that! It's so unpredictable! I swear it gets funnier every time!

Its held my attention for a few hours. Something about the monkey eating poo just makes me laugh.

I guess your are right. Time to move on.

OK.. Im done. Thanks for waking me up.
  • Options
    I have info from a great source that the Gorge is a go for this summer......
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....there's much more than this.
    www.myspace.com/kryslowe
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:
    izod center in the old continental......
    .......in the old brendan byrne........ ;)
  • Options
    I posted this late last week, don't hate if it turns out to be wrong........

Originally Posted by pathorses
    Disclaimer: I know there are many (several) of you here that have inside information and I don't claim any inside information at ALL. The LAST thing I want to do is get my hopes up, much less anybody else's. I've been heartbroken enough, right? But, one of my best friends sent me these emails......again, we know tours have been scheduled and cancelled but I feel compelled to share this anyway.

This is from back in January when we were "talking" about seeing Tom Petty (and we did score good tickets):

"My secretary's father is in charge of the entire southeastern region from D.C. to Florida for Live Nation! When she told me that I started salivating. For some artists he handles their entire tour - Elton John, Billy Joel, and Jimmy Buffet and maybe a couple of others."

She and I don't always share the same tastes but she absolutely knows what a big PJ fan I am so I (finally) asked her to ask her friend if she'd heard anything. This is what she said TODAY:

"Her father confirmed. They are touring this summer. Keep you posted when I get some actual dates."

Again, this is one of my best friends and I can't help but get a little excited but only a little. We've been let down so much...............wouldn't it be fu*king great, though???????

Any thoughts?

Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Wait... so what happened to the Rumor Pit things? I missed that bit...
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    BZ-BZ- Posts: 31
    pathorses wrote:
    I posted this late last week, don't hate if it turns out to be wrong........

Originally Posted by pathorses
    Disclaimer: I know there are many (several) of you here that have inside information and I don't claim any inside information at ALL. The LAST thing I want to do is get my hopes up, much less anybody else's. I've been heartbroken enough, right? But, one of my best friends sent me these emails......again, we know tours have been scheduled and cancelled but I feel compelled to share this anyway.

This is from back in January when we were "talking" about seeing Tom Petty (and we did score good tickets):

"My secretary's father is in charge of the entire southeastern region from D.C. to Florida for Live Nation! When she told me that I started salivating. For some artists he handles their entire tour - Elton John, Billy Joel, and Jimmy Buffet and maybe a couple of others."

She and I don't always share the same tastes but she absolutely knows what a big PJ fan I am so I (finally) asked her to ask her friend if she'd heard anything. This is what she said TODAY:

"Her father confirmed. They are touring this summer. Keep you posted when I get some actual dates."

Again, this is one of my best friends and I can't help but get a little excited but only a little. We've been let down so much...............wouldn't it be fu*king great, though???????

Any thoughts?

Peace,
    Pat

I never listen to rumors, but I hope this one is true.
    East coast 08 please. (YESSSSS!!!!)
  • Options
    BZ- wrote:
    I never listen to rumors, but I hope this one is true.

Me, too my friend!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    I hope this is true
    10/3/05 --- 5/5/06 (Irving) --- 6/3/06 --- 8/2/07 (The Victoria Theater) ---8/5/07 --- 6/19/08 --- 6/20/08 --- 6/22/08---6/24/08 --- 6/25/08
    E.V. 8/1/08 --- 8/4/08
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    July or August jam's in the east coast of the USA .. would be sweet! :)

If there's a East Coast Maritime gig .. OH MAMA!!! :P
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    July or August jam's in the east coast of the USA .. would be sweet!

If there's a East Coast Maritime gig .. OH MAMA!!!

TOUR!

hot fun in the summertime!
    :D
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh...summer in NYC!

and feck the haters, i still dream of another 3 nighter at jones beach! :D:D:D

goodnight dreamers!
    :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow