Sydney, AU
Feb 11, 2014, Show Two

Set List

intro music: Tuolumne

01. I’m One-(Townshend)
02. Gone
03. Wishlist
04. Without You
(sings happy birthday to audience member named Ed)
05. Can’t Keep
06. Soon Forget
(Ed talks about writing on a ukulele and the culture of optimism that Australia seems to have.)
07. You’re True
08. No Ceiling
09. Her Majesty-(Lennon, McCartney)
10. Far Behind
11. Guaranteed
12. Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard
13. Man Of The Hour
14. Unthought Known
15. Lukin
16. Porch

Encore Break 1

17. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
18. Masters Of War-(Dylan)
19. Future Days
20. Bugs (pump organ)
21. Immortality
22. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Bryant, Bryant)
23. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
24. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglová)
25. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)

Encore Break 2

26. Dream A Little Dream Of Me-(Kahn, Andre, Schwandt)
27. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard-(Peterson)

Glen Hansard Set List

01. When Your Mind’s Made Up
02. None But I-(new song)
03. Love, Don’t Leave Me Waiting/Respect-(Redding)
04. Revelate
05. Song Of Good Hope
06. Wishlist-(intro first line only)
07. Say It To Me Now (busk)
08. Devil Town-(Johnston)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Kat on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    Just got home, what a gig. Just a quick one, Ed played like a beast, he laughed, he cried, he blew us away with his music, entertained us with his stories and made us sing and dance with his songs. Met him after the show, signed my tambourine he gave me at BDO Sydney, great way to end a great night.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521

Just got home, what a gig. Just a quick one, Ed played like a beast, he laughed, he cried, he blew us away with his music, entertained us with his stories and made us sing and dance with his songs. Met him after the show, signed my tambourine he gave me at BDO Sydney, great way to end a great night.

Would love to see a pic!

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    wow - setlist! unreal
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    That is a great set
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Another great setlist.. :) Cant wait for Sunday....hoping for You've got to hide your love away or Black Bird...
    Would love to hear Ed do a Beatles cover....
  • Options
    Wow what a superb setlist, Im One to open wtf! Gone , Bugs and immortality :(( As Del Boy would say ' You lucky people ' ^:)^
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    omg....seriously..Eddie we respect your wish about the bootlegs of your solo shows,but some of us live in countries that probably will never will have the chance to see a solo shows of yours so please reconcider to release the bootlegs some of your shows atleast,so we have the chance to enjoy those gems..thanks!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Wow, one of the best setlists I have seen for an Eddie solo show. Was at Hammersmith in 2012 and I'm One was awesome. Would love to hear immortality!
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Wow, setlist is just amazing, everyone who went must still be smiling. Man of the hour, Society, Dream a Little Dream, Future Days. I thought the night before was awesome, Ed just keeps on exceeding himself :)

How was Future Days? I really wanted to hear the night before.
    Can't wait for the Opera House tonight.

I second Dimitris, please release Ed boots, I would love to hear this amazing concert, as well as the ones I will be attending.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    One of the best looking Ed solo sets lists on paper I've seen so far!
  • Options
    slowlukinloverslowlukinlover Sydney, Australia Posts: 6

omg....seriously..Eddie we respect your wish about the bootlegs of your solo shows,but some of us live in countries that probably will never will have the chance to see a solo shows of yours so please reconcider to release the bootlegs some of your shows atleast,so we have the chance to enjoy those gems..thanks!

PLEASE do a bootleg of tonight's Opera House show!!! I can't wait....
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

Would love to see a pic!

Check them out on instagram, will_i_am71. I can't attach photos here for some reason, must be my phone. Got real lucky, after the show me and my girl were just hanging out with about 3 or 4 other people, real small group, when Ed's guy came out, he just said 'Ed's here, he wants to say hi, be cool, come with me'. He walked us over to a stage door to where Ed was. Ed was great, got excited when I showed him the tambourine and was real happy to sign it for me. He looked real tired so we kept conversation short. My girl is new to Eddie but was just as excited as me, she thanked him for the show and said how much she loved it, Ed gave her a big hug and a few nice words and then we let him go. It's been said before, but such a humble guy, he listened, he talked, he thanked and he was just real cool.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864

100 Pacer said:

Would love to see a pic!

Check them out on instagram, will_i_am71. I can't attach photos here for some reason, must be my phone. Got real lucky, after the show me and my girl were just hanging out with about 3 or 4 other people, real small group, when Ed's guy came out, he just said 'Ed's here, he wants to say hi, be cool, come with me'. He walked us over to a stage door to where Ed was. Ed was great, got excited when I showed him the tambourine and was real happy to sign it for me. He looked real tired so we kept conversation short. My girl is new to Eddie but was just as excited as me, she thanked him for the show and said how much she loved it, Ed gave her a big hug and a few nice words and then we let him go. It's been said before, but such a humble guy, he listened, he talked, he thanked and he was just real cool.
    Here's your tambourine photo, you're very lucky! :D Did you just wait out the front of the theatre?

PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    The setlist last night was great...quite a few songs that Ed hadn't played so far on the Oz tour!

Seeing Ed becoming so overcome with emotion about his father was really sad before he sung Man of the Hour. Ed wears his heart on his sleeve.

I loved his little story about his daughter making a wish, it was very sweet.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
    I loved his little story about his daughter making a wish, it was very sweet

what story Emma?
  • Options
    -Emma- said:

100 Pacer said:

Would love to see a pic!

Here's your tambourine photo, you're very lucky! :D Did you just wait out the front of the theatre?

Hey thanks. We waited just around the corner where the road crew were packing up. It was only about 20 minutes or so after the gig. We were sort of just waiting the rain out a little because we had a bit of a walk back to our hotel, we thought we'd try our luck, it paid off! Thanks again for posting my pic.
  • Options
    GiadaPa said:

I loved his little story about his daughter making a wish, it was very sweet

what story Emma?

A few times during the show, Eddie spoke about the optimism we have here in Australia. Then he went on to tell a story about when he daughter was about 3 years old, they were playing ball in their driveway together when it started to rain. They hopped into the back of Eddie's truck underneath a canopy, and they had a bowl of cherries to eat. Eddie said that there were two cherries joined together by the stem. Similar to a wishbone, Ed and his daughter pulled apart the two cherries and his daughter had the stem on her cherry, so he told her to make a wish. Ed asked "did your wish come true?" and his daughter said "it already did". Ed asked what she had wished for and he said she wished she would win.

I thought it was a cute story!

Hey thanks. We waited just around the corner where the road crew were packing up. It was only about 20 minutes or so after the gig. We were sort of just waiting the rain out a little because we had a bit of a walk back to our hotel, we thought we'd try our luck, it paid off! Thanks again for posting my pic.

Thank you, it's good to hear how you met Ed :). I'd love to get Ed to sign one of my little ukuleles (it is very small and isn't a traditional looking uke, so it would probably be very easy to take into a gig).

• Options
    red_devred_dev Adelaide, Australia Posts: 147
    Awesome setlist by an awesome man and awesome performer. Your very lucky Sydney. Wish there was an Adelaide date. ^:)^

1995 - Adelaide (Memorial Drive Tennis Centre)
    1998 - Adelaide (Thebarton Oval)
    2003 - Adelaide (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2006 - Adelaide I (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2006 - Adelaide II (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2009 - Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
    2011 - Eddie Vedder (Thebarton Theatre)
    2011 - Eddie Vedder (Thebarton Theatre)
    2014 - Adelaide Big Day Out
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    What a fantastic way to spend my birthday. Brilliant seat in the 2nd row.
    While Happy Birthday was played, it was not for me, but some other guy, i will take it. An ed show on my birthday was special enough!
    Ed has been great these past 2 nights. super relaxed, super talkative, and having a load of fun.
    Masters of war, bugs, immortality, man of the hour. I couldn't ask for more.
    I was on the 'rail' for hard sun, and got a handshake afterwards. Top birthday :)
    No real downers for the night. Poster was very ordinary .

Reminder people! It is not frowned upon to stand up and rock out during porch! Ed encourages it, so do it!

Lets rock the Concert Hall at the Opera House tonight!

2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    cogcog Posts: 14
    Fantastic Show.....very heartfelt with Ed's story of his little girl and his dad. I'm from Adelaide so it's been funny hearing at least one 'serial killer' reference every night in Sydney.

Bugs and Immortality and the Falling Slowly duet with Glen were my highlights.....bring on the Opera House! Hoping for good 10C seats and OCEANS !!!! (you have to be optimistic)
  • Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    Great set by Eddie !! BUGS !

When he got upset talking about his dad it was a touching moment.
    Man of the hour and falling slowly a highlight for me.

Now for the downside(nothing to do with eddie)
    I was sitting in the back of the stalls and had some stupidly drunk people in front of me who were talking loud the whole first set. I got sick of it so I mentioned to them ' I paid $100 to see Eddie Vedder sing not hear you talk'
    Then one of the drunks kept eyeing me off and eventually got out of seat during future days and stood over me threatening me.
    I immediately got away and got the usher who got eddies security guard to take them all out. Eventually got to go back to my seat during immortality. Rest of the show was a lot nicer without drunk bogans talking and threatening me.
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options
    Not usually a fan of all the song requests during solo shows but to whomever shouted out for Masters of War I say "Well played Good Sir".
    Great night.
  • Options
    these setlists are getting me excited for whats in store for the brisbane shows
  • Options
    B-Rock said:

I was sitting in the back of the stalls and had some stupidly drunk people in front of me who were talking loud the whole first set. I got sick of it so I mentioned to them ' I paid $100 to see Eddie Vedder sing not hear you talk'
    Then one of the drunks kept eyeing me off and eventually got out of seat during future days and stood over me threatening me.
    I immediately got away and got the usher who got eddies security guard to take them all out. Eventually got to go back to my seat during immortality. Rest of the show was a lot nicer without drunk bogans talking and threatening me.

Sorry to hear that B-Rock! Did you end up buying the ticket from a 10C member (I recommended a person to you on facebook). That's a shame that you had drunk people sitting in front of you. Good to hear that Eddie's security guard got rid of them all, he's such a big guy, you wouldn't mess with him!

I had bad luck with who was sitting front of me on night 1 in Sydney, so I can empathise. No matter how much you try to ignore some people, if their behaviour is absolutely hideous and disrespectful, it does take away from your night.

• Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    -Emma- said:

B-Rock said:

Sorry to hear that B-Rock! Did you end up buying the ticket from a 10C member (I recommended a person to you on facebook). That's a shame that you had drunk people sitting in front of you. Good to hear that Eddie's security guard got rid of them all, he's such a big guy, you wouldn't mess with him!

I had bad luck with who was sitting front of me on night 1 in Sydney, so I can empathise. No matter how much you try to ignore some people, if their behaviour is absolutely hideous and disrespectful, it does take away from your night.
    I did end up getting the ticket which was awesome! Thanks heaps Emma.
    Just unfortunately got stuck behind violent drunks. They had a few complaints against I believe before the incident happened

I'm more annoyed i didn't enjoy bugs as much as I should of haha. Bugs will now always remind me of those drunks!
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options
    aww man, you guys got bugs!!
    i know i was born and i know that i'll die the inbetween is mine ---------------------------------------------------- FEB 11, 13, 14 Sydney 2003 NOV 7, 8, 18, 2006 Sydney NOV 20, 2009 Melbourne NOV 22, 2009 Sydney NOV 25, 2009 Brisbane MAR 18 & 19 2012 Sydney EV Solo JAN 26, 2014 Sydney FEB 12 & 14 2014 Sydney EV Solo
  • Options

aww man, you guys got bugs!!

Ed nailed it too.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    -Emma- said:

100 Pacer said:

Would love to see a pic!

Absolutely tremendous
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    How long was her majesty?! 25 to 30 seconds? Awesome set
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521

Just perfect all around!

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore