Options

I am done, last post ever, don't worry within forum guidelines

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,946
    hedonist said:

Forgive me, as I'm slightly giddy from the badass sushi I just ate for lunch...but the three last posts up there are
    fan-fucking-tastic-larious.

Thanks, guys :)

Gosh, I never thought about rolling a little cooked green in my sushi. Don't over do it Hedonist!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

I don't give a rats ass.

So do you feel better about yourself? Yeah you have your peeps that think your clever but ......
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Sometimes, when I can't sleep at night, I say the name "Hank" 3 times fast. And then I clap for myself, like the families do on the family feud. Try it. It's fun.
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    If this was the final post, why stick within the guidelines?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Sorry to see you go, but I understand....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Forgive me, as I'm slightly giddy from the badass sushi I just ate for lunch...but the three last posts up there are

Gosh, I never thought about rolling a little cooked green in my sushi. Don't over do it Hedonist!
    :-\"
  • Options
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

:-\"

:))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited February 2014

know1 said:

Leaving here for Facebook is an improvement??? Unless you're a new mom posting pictures of your babies and children, Facebook died awhile back.

No offense, but damn you must have some boring friends...my fb is filled with interesting stuff to do all around town.. I get funny stuff, event invitations, bands, cool art exhibits and some really nice photography. You just have to know who to follow and who to hide from... haha
    besides, I think mostly what people mean here is that you wont get banned over on FB for saying whats on your mind.
    Yeah, FB definitely has its uses, that is true... but to just shoot the shit, and especially to actually connect with other 10c members, it just doesn't do the job IMO. I DO enjoy many of the posts and convos from some of the people i know from here who have moved over to FB.... but you have to know those people already. It's way harder to get to know new people over there.
    But is nice to not worry about getting banned i guess.... not that I normally feel the urge to post shit that would get me banned here. But some people do on a regular basis. :)) And indo miss those people around here!!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    chadwick said:

big bang hank... never heard of him, then again i don't follow the porch

Yeah this person made no impression on me. I hope he enjoye his time here. I find it odd that he apparently spent all his time on the porch but made his emotional goodbye post here.

Farewell Big Bang. I wish you nothing but the best.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited February 2014

chadwick said:

Yeah this person made no impression on me. I hope he enjoye his time here. I find it odd that he apparently spent all his time on the porch but made his emotional goodbye post here.

Kat moved it but that is really not the point, I want to thank all the people who provided kind words and encouragement, but in this evolutionary cycle of life there comes a time when you have to make a decision on what is best for one's soul, just because I won't be posting here doesn't mean that Pearl Jam doesn't still kick major ass , and I will be going to as many concerts and still make videos on youtube as a sign of support for the band I realize they really don't have anything to do with these forums, but I will miss all the cool people who won't be able to follow me to Facebook, this image is the last you will ever hear from me here, and this is my final post, good luck to everyone
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    what videos have you made?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

chadwick said:

Kat moved it but that is really not the point, I want to thank all the people who provided kind words and encouragement, but in this evolutionary cycle of life there comes a time when you have to make a decision on what is best for one's soul, just because I won't be posting here doesn't mean that Pearl Jam doesn't still kick major ass , and I will be going to as many concerts and still make videos on youtube as a sign of support for the band I realize they really don't have anything to do with these forums, but I will miss all the cool people who won't be able to follow me to Facebook, this image is the last you will ever hear from me here, and this is my final post, good luck to everyone
    Big Bank Hank , those of us who know you as the faithful PJ fan you are and have enjoyed your many posts will surely miss your presence. It's really sad that here on these forums which exist because of a band that consistently put out such great vibes, that here in these many pages of posts made by so many fans one finds the occasional crank who simply enjoys badgering, bullying or bad mouthing others. Your style has been that of spreading the good PJ vibe. That will outlast the negative, the sarcastic, and the inconsiderate posts made by certain people with either an inferiority complex, an ego problem or an axe to grind. But most of us are into the good vibe and spreading good cheer which you have done BBH. When and if it feels right, I hope to see you here around these boards another day.

Peace.

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    That's two final posts. The bright side, The Who played a final show in '82.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,765
    edited February 2014
    Walking away at the first sign of trouble isn't really a good mode of action to employ. (In reference to your picture)
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    edited February 2014
    God damn it, now I'm gonna cry. This is most the tearful goodbye thread I can recall.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Big bank.. Hurry up and finish your current satchel as it is obviously bringing you down... Perhaps it is tainted?...when you get to the counter in Washington ask for most potent kush from humbolt county ca and come back...namaste
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    brianlux said:

chadwick said:

Big Bank Hank , those of us who know you as the faithful PJ fan you are and have enjoyed your many posts will surely miss your presence. It's really sad that here on these forums which exist because of a band that consistently put out such great vibes, that here in these many pages of posts made by so many fans one finds the occasional crank who simply enjoys badgering, bullying or bad mouthing others. Your style has been that of spreading the good PJ vibe. That will outlast the negative, the sarcastic, and the inconsiderate posts made by certain people with either an inferiority complex, an ego problem or an axe to grind. But most of us are into the good vibe and spreading good cheer which you have done BBH. When and if it feels right, I hope to see you here around these boards another day.

Peace.

hey now
    sacasm is a fucking riot
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited February 2014
    the juggler is a funny guy. i still enjoy your old name (the jeagler) moreso than this newer name (the juggler)

you crack me up, sir
    i believe you have talent in humor

like that Scot guy who never comes around anymore
    damn funny that guy

dear mr. BBH,

toughen up, sir
    tighten your boot strings
    suck it up & walk through negativity like a rabid snail hell bent on crawling across the earth at 000.0007/16 mph
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    like that Scot guy who never comes around anymore
    damn funny that guy

dunkman! I always dug him.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951

Maybe even before that:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/flashback-the-whos-final-performance-with-keith-moon-20130110
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Sorry to hear about this Hank. I can see your passion for this band and its too bad that you feel you have to leave.
    Best of luck dude..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235

Maybe even before that:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/flashback-the-whos-final-performance-with-keith-moon-20130110
    AHHHH you beat me to it. I was going to bring that up about Moon not being in the band etc. Crazy though if the Who's final show was in '82 who did I see playing ....

They still can play and glad I went

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    chadwick said:

dear mr. BBH,

toughen up, sir
    tighten your boot strings
    suck it up & walk through negativity like a rabid snail hell bent on crawling across the earth at 000.0007/16 mph

Whoa, whoa, whoa,
    a decimal and a fraction.
    That's like nails on a chalkboard!
    Now, how long before someone posts asking
    what exactly a chalkboard is?

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    this lasted what, like 2 weeks?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Oh well everyone is allowed to have a moment and it led to some damn funny threads :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    "A" moment?

Cue APC's Outsider ;)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited February 2014
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

C) The guy that starts a "Goodbye" thread and not more than one week later returns to start a "I'm Back" thread...
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

C) The guy that starts a "Goodbye" thread and not more than one week later returns to start a "I'm Back" thread...

hey I admitted I was wrong, really not such a big deal, no one is perfect, I certainly don't claim to be
  • Options

and I am certainly done with any of the other parts of the forum other than All-Encompassing Trip, I love the vibe in here, so chillaxination
  • Options

hey I admitted I was wrong, really not such a big deal, no one is perfect, I certainly don't claim to be
    Good on you for admitting it BBH. I've done the same- left and come back a couple of times, mainly because some bad vibes bothered me. But I don't buy into other people's bad trips any more. I just shrug it off and could care less. There's more than enough positive vibe here to make up for those posts that just seem to be about taking someones anger or bad trips out on others. But, hey, I've probably done that a few times too. We're all learning here and hopefully all becoming better people for it.

Good to have you back, Hank!

This discussion has been closed.