Reading Festivals

TheUnpolishedTheUnpolished Posts: 5
edited April 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Reading 2006

I've seen it already on this forum but I need to know what the chances of pj playing!

If someone knows please inform!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I'd say it's 80% likely they won't be playing. Reading hasn't got high enough safety standards. The 20% in their favour is only because they're in the UK around the time of the Carling Weekend.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • At the end of the day NME must have been informed by an important source of PJ or Meanfiddler that they are playing!
  • greenmindgreenmind Posts: 34

they're *always* rumoured to be playing reading - even when they're not touring. its hype and self-promotion and nme bollox. pj can't deny rumours like this cuz its a waste of time and then they'd get hassle for every rumour they missed denying.

they'e said pretty explicitly that they won't play festivals - its amazing how rumours work.

i couldn't know if they'd ever change their minds, but theres no reason to think this.
    take a teenage riot to get me outta bed right now...
  • solacesolace Posts: 114
    greenmind wrote:
    they're *always* rumoured to be playing reading - even when they're not touring. its hype and self-promotion and nme bollox. pj can't deny rumours like this cuz its a waste of time and then they'd get hassle for every rumour they missed denying.

they'e said pretty explicitly that they won't play festivals - its amazing how rumours work.

i couldn't know if they'd ever change their minds, but theres no reason to think this.
    they also said they'd never play huge GA shows either, and the entire South American trek was all GA...

they were announced on Spanish FM today as supposedly being confirmed for the festival in Vitoria, Spain too:

http://www.azkenarockfestival.com/

i know i'd be surprised too, but who knows considering the SA tour too?
  • All I can say is think optamistically if they don'tplay the carling weekend I'll catch em on tour! It would be immense and save money though!

The lineup is being announced on monday at 730 on radio 1! I'll be crossing my fingers!

Nathan
  • Lineup announced 2night

Fingers crossed
  • gregmac666gregmac666 Posts: 123
    Check here at 6:
    http://www.readingfestival.com/displayPage_reading.asp?PageID=445

And then again at 7.30 to get tix if they are announced...

XFM just said they are STRONGLY rumoured to be playing.
    Also mentioned were TOOL & AUDIOSLAVE...

This is a place to watch:
    http://www.readingfestivalonline.co.uk/
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
    I'm now gonna race home to get the credit card ready...

http://www.meanfiddler.com/displayPage.asp?ArticleID=2913&URLID=67
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
  • PJ playing Carling festival in Leeds on 25th August

tickets on sale at 7.15pm in UK

Good luck!
    Johnny Boy
    Bradford 92, Brixton 93, London 96, London 00, Manchester 00, Tampa 03, Toronto 05, Dublin 06, Leeds 06, Paris 06, Copenhagen 07, London 07
  • dandydandy Posts: 1
    ad_rock wrote:
    FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

i scared my sister shitless jumping up and down screaming when i saw that.

how long do you suppose before it sells out?

Sold out in about an hour. I got mine though!
  • solacesolace Posts: 114
    greenmind wrote:

;)

• NME might be shit - but they sure as hell tell the truth!

Oh Yeah
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,770
    no way PJ plays a GA festival

Id be really suprised
  • Wooooo Fuckin' Hooooooo!!!!! I got me 6 reading tickets, got no friends.. but who cares.. i get to see PJ!!!!! If only Dave Abbruzzese was playing drums, then life would be complete!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • WillWill Posts: 41
    Leeds Festival - GET IN! Cannot wait.
    ... still Alive...
    ... and Audioslave. What a weekend this will be.

http://www.meanfiddler.com/displayPage_reading.asp?PageID=445
    ... still Alive...
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    missed tickets to both fests, i might try and get a single day, or go to the dark side of scalpers!! bloody thousands of tickets online!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    missed tickets to both fests, i might try and get a single day, or go to the dark side of scalpers!! bloody thousands of tickets online!

arrrr shit sorry to hear that but keep trying it might happen !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    arrrr shit sorry to hear that but keep trying it might happen !

There are ways around the sold out bizzo!!! pay another 30 quid and get the ticket and bus package from london!! even if i dont take the bus i am still gonna be at reading!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Awesome!!

Does anyone know when they are going to anounce the rest of the sunday lineup? Because i neeeed Tool!
    Greedy Fly wrote:
    Because i neeeed Tool!
    Don't we all.
    ... still Alive...
    i am hoping for tool, i was thinking of doing roskilde as well, but i think 1 european fest is enough!!

i fly out to Paris tomorrow!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

Just booked my tix - and yes, I'm hoping for some TOOL as well. Special Guests would be great.
  • .....and im a mess.. first the new album and now they re coming to England,
    Awesome news people, i ve got my ticket for Leeds, still trying for Reading , hope they tour here as well but as yet no info so had to grab this chance, its been too long for us guys,i ve loved the band since day one and cannot wait for the new album, and im already imagining what the new songs are like and what they ll play at the festivals, all i know is that if the sun shines in august and i can get anywhere near the stage then a thirty something guy will be shedding a tear......
    Hope i can savour the moment and not be too overwhelmed , cant wait.

the world has come undone another day and who can wait.....
    ......change dont come at once its wave...building...before it breaks.......
  • This is what it states on the Meanfiddler site:

It's been six years since they last toured Europe, so it's no great surprise that organisers Mean Fiddler are overjoyed to announce that Pearl Jam will be here to headline the Main Stage at the twin sites of Reading and Leeds.

This will be PEARL JAM’S ONLY FESTIVAL APPEARANCE IN THE UK THIS YEAR and, as such, is sure to be one of the most talked about and highly anticipated sets of the year, never mind the festival.

From first arriving on UK shores in 1991 with huge hit single, Alive, the band have gone on to sell over 60 million albums worldwide and have attracted a huge fanbase from Europe to Australia and all points in between.

With new material due in the form of limited edition single, World Wide Suicide (April 24th) and eighth studio album, Pearl Jam (May 1st), this year's headline performances will re-affirm Pearl Jam's standing as the pre-eminent voice of US alternative rock.