Visiting Seattle in June

What's up everyone? Finally getting out to the motherland for the first time in early June. It's going to be for work, but I'll be making time to enjoy myself as well. What are some essential places to visit and things to do? I'd like to mix it up between things related to PJ and the early 90's music scene and general Seattle tourism.
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...

Comments

• And yes, I searched. Nothing new in the last 2 years, so hoping to spark a little discussion with this one.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    There was a Nirvana exhibit at EMP when I was there in December. EMP is right next to the Space Needle and the Chihuly exhibit (if you like blown glass art). The Showbox is near Pike Place Market, as well as a few blocks away from Benaroya Hall. I was only in town for a couple of days, and most of my time, it seemed, was spent waiting on one line or another.
    ELITIST FUK
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889

And yes, I searched. Nothing new in the last 2 years, so hoping to spark a little discussion with this one.

There are actually several great threads about everything you could possibly do in Seattle, with links, directions, restaurant recommendations, etc. I've posted in them myself within the last 2 years. The problem is that the search function isn't even close to working properly. /:)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Yeah not to complain, but the current interface completely sucks. I haven't been here in a little while, but damn this forum is not looking good right now.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    So what kind of stuff do you like to do or were looking to do?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • bump
    I too am visiting Seattle in June and would also welcome any advice. Only going to be there a day or two. Love good food, good beer, art, music, outdoors, records, etc. Also from any locals that may have an opinion, would you rather spend a day in Olympic NP or Mt. Rainier NP?
    Thanks!
    We were but stones your light made us stars