This place is dead anyway...

Comments

• northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited January 2015
    Am I the only one who isn't freaked out by Pennywise(and I read It when I was 9).....now the state of Maine that's another story.

Also all I can picture right now is a wee turtle is a ratty bathrobe wallowing in cat litter.......
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Oh hell, those teeth and that face? You are stronger than I!

And I'll say that I read the book before having seen the movie, and King's words were enough to get my mind's-eye to see that motherfucking clown in full.

PS - thank you for referring to the bathrobe as "ratty". Much more fitting on the visual side than "shitty".
  • Right??
  • The movie was crap, I was so excited for it to come out and then it was just a giant disappointment and more stupid than scary.....now they are going to try to make another movie....booooo

Oh I see the clown, the only part that stuck with me for years was the part with the sewer drain but still never developed into a fear of clowns or Pennywise. King is fantastic at laying your worst fears out on paper....fears you didn't know existed. Like I said earlier I have been terrified of Maine since I was a kid.

As to the bathrobe I think the 'shitty' description was posted in error based on Halifaxxx's location but we all know it is just a ratty man robe. But just picture it......
    Halifaxxx and a wee turtle in matching ratty bathrobes in a litter box looking all sorry for themselves, makes me giggle.

I'll leave the sodomy and the clowns to Last_12, BB and Imalive......

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • The movie was crap, I was so excited for it to come out and then it was just a giant disappointment and more stupid than scary.....now they are going to try to make another movie....booooo

Oh I see the clown, the only part that stuck with me for years was the part with the sewer drain but still never developed into a fear of clowns or Pennywise. King is fantastic at laying your worst fears out on paper....fears you didn't know existed. Like I said earlier I have been terrified of Maine since I was a kid.

As to the bathrobe I think the 'shitty' description was posted in error based on Halifaxxx's location but we all know it is just a ratty man robe. But just picture it......
    Halifaxxx and a wee turtle in matching ratty bathrobes in a litter box looking all sorry for themselves, makes me giggle.

I'm hanging out with YOU!

Screenshot.348054.100000.jpg

let the clicks begin...(cue loveboatcaptain)

Just because people want to hang out with me because I'm awesome doesn't mean it's a click.....

Just because people want to hang out with me because I'm awesome doesn't mean it's a click.....

Oops, I thought it said super chick
  • And damn it.. It's spelled clique!!!
  • chique?
    how pretentious
    meoowww
  • I want to hang out with her cause there's no ass raping going on on her side of the play ground!! ;-)
  • I like my butthole just like it is!! Thank you very much.
  • You like your butthole?
  • and here I thought it was my winning personality.....oh well I'll take it. If you stop mocking PJfanwillneverleave1 you can hang out with us too. We're cool we promise......at least in our own minds.

• If you stop mocking PJfanwillneverleave1 you can hang out with us too.

thanks southerndragon
  • You like your butthole?

Yes. It lets my poop out for me! :-)
  • Pooping and farting is good for you.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited January 2015
    If you stop mocking PJfanwillneverleave1 you can hang out with us too.

thanks southerndragon

not cool, that crosses a line dude.....as if I'm like those softies in the south.......

Try to be nice one time and this is the disrespect I get, fuck!
    Post edited by northerndragon on

thanks southerndragon

not cool, that crosses a line dude.....as if I'm like those softies I the south.......

I'll leave the sodomy and the clowns to Last_12, BB and Imalive
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

thanks southerndragon

not cool, that crosses a line dude.....as if I'm like those softies in the south.......

Hey, mind like a steel trap here!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

thanks southerndragon

You're from the north that's why.

thanks southerndragon

Oh. Right. My steel trap almost forgot that. It was the pulp mill fumes that drove it out right out of my mind.

thanks southerndragon

Oh. Right. My steel trap almost forgot that. It was the pulp mill fumes that drove it out right out of my mind.

Nope it's that squishy soft southern living....be careful

The non-fumy ocean air, the relative lack of snow, the presence of people who know there is music other than country...it's sucking me in.
  • Hey I live where there is fresh mountain air, lots of snow and sunshine, a ridiculously rich music scene and culture and I'm nowhere near the south.....you just needed to come further west, you were so close but so far :D

Ah, sunshine. You've almost got me there (says the person who cycled to and from work today in pouring January rain).
  • Well good job on still cycling, I'm to scared to try it up here in the winter, mostly since I have 15Km of winter highway between me and my work. Yes the sun will always win for me, would rather -20 and sunny than the dreary wet darkness of the coast in the winter. But to each their own. :)

Well good job on still cycling, I'm to scared to try it up here in the winter, mostly since I have 15Km of winter highway between me and my work. Yes the sun will always win for me, would rather -20 and sunny than the dreary wet darkness of the coast in the winter. But to each their own. :)

Sunshine and snow. Sounds good to me. I think I still have grit in my hair from riding on a gravel path today.

Good god, are we posting in the "this place is dead anyway..."' thread? Better get back to turtles.
  • the presence of people who know there is music other than country

A great rule for us is ABC
    anything but country
  • the presence of people who know there is music other than country

A great rule for us is ABC
    anything but country
    So do you feel out of place with that rule in Sask.???? I know a stereotype but I've been there and it's kinda true. I do admire your convictions though.

This discussion has been closed.