Lego Simpsons

Has arrived!!! First set is their house with the family and Flanders. Awesome design. House swings open so you can see inside.

Woohoo!!!!
Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I think the idea is cool but isn't it super expensive?
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    pics?

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited February 2014
    Not bad!

I'm liking the recently announced Lego Ghostbusters.

Yep, it’s official: we’re getting a ‘Ghostbusters‘ LEGO set.
    Originally submitted last year as part of LEGO’s Cuusoo competition (where fans design their own sets in hopes of them actually getting mass produced), the “Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary” set will include the iconic Ecto-1 vehicle and four figures representing Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler and Winston Zeddmore. And yeah, this is the kind of thing that makes us want to be kids again so we can play with it guilt-free.

Post edited by Idris on
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    mca47 said:

The price is $200, but it is also a huge set at 2,523 pieces. Looking at the piece count, it's actually a good deal. That's less than 10¢ per piece, which is the price per piece ratio many collectors consider to be a good price for Lego. When this was first revealed I was expecting it to be $250 or more.

My Simpsons house arrived last week and I finished building it Saturday. Dug up an older Lego elephant to be Stampy. I also built MOCs of Marge's orange station wagon and the Canyonero. The Mr. Plow truck and The Homer are on my "to build" list.
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    NeilJam said:

mca47 said:

The price is $200, but it is also a huge set at 2,523 pieces. Looking at the piece count, it's actually a good deal. That's less than 10¢ per piece, which is the price per piece ratio many collectors consider to be a good price for Lego. When this was first revealed I was expecting it to be $250 or more.
    My Simpsons house arrived last week and I finished building it Saturday. Dug up an older Lego elephant to be Stampy. I also built MOCs of Marge's orange station wagon and the Canyonero. The Mr. Plow truck and The Homer are on my "to build" list.
    Awesome! I did not know they were producing a Simpsons set. Nice purchase. Wednesday of last week, I just completed The Death Star from Star Wars Legos. I purchased it for my son's birthday and he absolutely loves it. I had so much fun building it (it was around 3800 pieces too!). It took me about 14 hours (over 4 days) in total to build it.
    If any of you are Star War fans and are looking for a great set to build, The Death Star is it. I can post some pictures if anyone is interested in seeing the finished product.

• PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074

Has arrived!!! First set is their house with the family and Flanders. Awesome design. House swings open so you can see inside.

Woohoo!!!!

Enjoy the build!
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    PJ88 said:

If any of you are Star War fans and are looking for a great set to build, The Death Star is it. I can post some pictures if anyone is interested in seeing the finished product.

I have a lot of the Lego Star Wars sets, though I haven't got much recently because many are remakes of stuff I already have. I've wanted the Death Star since it was released, but there are too many other Lego sets I'd rather have. The DS was released about six years ago so it is due to be retired (most Lego sets are only produced for about two years), but I actually want the new Ewok village set more than the DS.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    My son is selling his old Star Wars lego sets to raise funds for an xbox one. He has the original AT-AT and Sandcrawler that average over $200ea on ebay.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Snow day. My 4 sons are building MY Simpsons set while listening to Brooklyn 2 Boot that they put on.

Bart, Homer, Marge done. Car done. House foundation done. Was supposed to be their February break project. Wonder if they'll finish before it officially starts. Quietest the 4 of them have been since, well I can't remember. Money well spent. No fights (so far).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.