Banned Users

Just noticing this now. I know many will disagree and that this thread will likely get locked, but cavalierly joking about banning paid members of this community seems out of line.

The posting guidelines say we are supposed to be better here than other places on the web. I think the mods are in violation of those guidelines.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    I think you may be getting one of those avatars soon :))

Just kidding ;)
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759

Everyday reminders that this place is not a democracy.

will refrain from all other comments.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Banned users = users who were fun

Now we have to take our 3 year olds to shows to get noticed and the 3 year olds may read the forum so let's all put on a smiley face and stay happy for the 3 year olds

mindless rant over
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • ibtl
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • ...And the bodies swing on the gallows as a reminder to keep us all in line... ? 8-X
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Kinda wish the "suspension" route could've been taken vs. expulsion for some, but to be fair, we go into this knowing (or should knowing) the guidelines. And I believe warnings are given.

Can't do it, then I guess yer ass is grass.

Sure miss some of the folks who've been banned though.

(and what's the deal with some avatars of those banned having bars on them? I noticed that with old posts from peacefrompaul)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124

...And the bodies swing on the gallows as a reminder to keep us all in line... ? 8-X

Yep.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    heads on spikes, i say ...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Meh. I can say that one person in particular was banned and it made this a better place. Any of the others, I really havent noticed.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    :D
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    MayDay10 said:

Meh. I can say that one person in particular was banned and it made this a better place. Any of the others, I really havent noticed.

Where did that popcorn emoji go?
    ;)
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

MayDay10 said:

Where did that popcorn emoji go?
    ;)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • cant believe this thread has lasted this long...makes me think even the mods cant take this new layout :))
    b-(
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    I'm of course not saying there are not those who deserve to be banned. Just that the ones doing the banning (arbitrarily and without oversight) should not be making light of those bannings.

buckeyes have been band.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    #FHP
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    This place use to be fun ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

You want fun? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FUN!!!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    Jason P said:

You want fun? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FUN!!!

You're correct

[-X
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    JimmyV said:

Just noticing this now. I know many will disagree and that this thread will likely get locked, but cavalierly joking about banning paid members of this community seems out of line.

The posting guidelines say we are supposed to be better here than other places on the web. I think the mods are in violation of those guidelines.

I think it's ridiculous that anyone gets banned for life. They are PAYING members! I understand giving members detention, but banning them permanently is utter nonsense.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

The second suspect ....

• JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

I think it's ridiculous that anyone gets banned for life. They are PAYING members! I understand giving members detention, but banning them permanently is utter nonsense.

No reason the other PAYING members should have to put up with the assholes of the bunch...lol.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Sawyer? Paging Sawyer
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Agreed. It's asinine. I've asked them directly and received meaningless replies. I used that image for my avatar and the admis removed it, telling me it was a violation of the guidelines. I asked them to tell me which guideline I had violated and received no response.

They just make it up as they go along.
    #FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Now the lock is coming.
    #FHP
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Horos said:

Agreed. It's asinine. I've asked them directly and received meaningless replies. I used that image for my avatar and the admis removed it, telling me it was a violation of the guidelines. I asked them to tell me which guideline I had violated and received no response.

They just make it up as they go along.

now i feel like a real dork... i did the same thing.

kat removed it and told me nicely that is not mine to use.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    JimmyV said:

Maybe the mods are not responding to this thread because they are in their own time out?
    ELITIST FUK
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    edited February 2014
    We have no control in the new forums regarding the ban image being used. We tried to have it removed but we were told it's not possible. Please follow the Posting Guidelines and listen to any cautions or warnings so that image won't be part of your forum account. We don't like to ban anyone, ever, but sometimes it's someone's own choice when they won't get along. Have a good and super weekend, everyone.

It's not ok to gossip about former or current members of these forums so this thread is done.

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.