Options

Camden I Bootleg

DollarDollar Posts: 237
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I just downloaded the Flac files and burned them to disc. What bothers me is how they separated the discs. It seems to be solely based on time rather than keeping the flow of the live show together. The first disc ends at U when there was plenty of time to keep the first set intact by adding Rats & Why Go. I added them to the first disc but now there is a gap of silence between U & Rats. Seems they did the same thing on Columbia leaving DTR off the first disc. With 2 weeks to get it straight you'd like to think they would take these logical things into consideration!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    hmmm, ya see i can't get the energy to complain about such minute details. The way i see it, we're getting every show of the tour at a good price. Why is it such a crime the way they separated the discs?

Many older CD bootleg releases had strange disc separation, but it doesn't stop me enjoying the show.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Can't you just re-burn the discs in an order you like? Start the second disc with Grievance or something like that. And why are you complaining? You had a boot of the show within two weeks! We are so ridiculously spoiled with the bootleg program! There are plenty of bands I've seen that I wished I had a boot of.
  • Options
    rydbrydb Posts: 9
    can you post the site; I'd like to take a listen to this also.
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    I'm at work and listened to four or five tracks. I noticed cracking in the audio. That's a sign of mastering that's way too hot. They're breaking the red level! What gives?
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    does these downloads come with artwork and photos?
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    hmmm, ya see i can't get the energy to complain about such minute details. The way i see it, we're getting every show of the tour at a good price. Why is it such a crime the way they separated the discs?

Many older CD bootleg releases had strange disc separation, but it doesn't stop me enjoying the show.

Amen!
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Are these digital downloads better than Basecamps?

My compaints about about previous digital downloads when comparing them to the 2003 tour are-

the BASS was usually way to high.

the clarity was poor.

the guitars all blended together.

sounded terrible in my car when all other CD's sounds great.

If this is the case, I will be patient and order the actual CD's hoping for better results.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Are these digital downloads better than Basecamps?

My compaints about about previous digital downloads when comparing them to the 2003 tour are-

the BASS was usually way to high.

the clarity was poor.

the guitars all blended together.

sounded terrible in my car when all other CD's sounds great.

If this is the case, I will be patient and order the actual CD's hoping for better results.

Actual CDs won't help much. A mix is a mix and a master recording is a master recording -- the mps3 and flacs and CDs will sound the same, with slight quality differences.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Dollar wrote:
    I just downloaded the Flac files and burned them to disc. What bothers me is how they separated the discs. It seems to be solely based on time rather than keeping the flow of the live show together. The first disc ends at U when there was plenty of time to keep the first set intact by adding Rats & Why Go. I added them to the first disc but now there is a gap of silence between U & Rats. Seems they did the same thing on Columbia leaving DTR off the first disc. With 2 weeks to get it straight you'd like to think they would take these logical things into consideration!
    Camden 1 sounds fucking fantastic,
    can i get a refund on wpb and tampa

so happy!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 249
    I got the Tampa download, and I'm not sure it's a good mix...i compared GTF from Tampa and GTF from Boston 06 and boston is so much better...same thing for Why Go Lolla being far superior to the sound of Why Go in Tampa.

I'm ecstatic that we get to have copies of these shows, this band is the best, but not sure the people making the boots this year are as good as Eliason and co.

How are the other boots?
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer