Options

Question about arena shows

cobainkidcobainkid Posts: 17
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
First off, hello! This is my first post in what I hope becomes a long line of witty, interesting, and thought provoking comments on Pearl Jam.

but for now, all I have is a dumb question.

I was too late to get floor tickets to the Pittsburgh show on 6/23... and I'm stuck a level up. This is obviously not a good situation, as one cannot rock out in this section. What I am asking is, does anyone here have any tips for getting to the floor without being caught so I can enjoy this show the way it is meant to be enjoyed? thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,750
    If you can't rock out where you are, getting to the floor isn't gonna help you. Just enjoy the show, the energy in Phg is going to be amazing no matter where you'll be sitting.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Welcome to the forum!

You can ask most people on this forum and they'll tell you the same....

You DON'T have to be on the floor to rock out. A lot of great seats are on the sides of the stage.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    well, don't you think the stationary chairs will pose a hazard to my amazing dancing techniques? i'll trust you, though... i'm so excited.
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    cobainkid wrote:
    well, don't you think the stationary chairs will pose a hazard to my amazing dancing techniques? i'll trust you, though... i'm so excited.

lol, if you're such an amazing dancer then you'll be able to adapt to your surroundings! Although i think i'd dance circles around you my friend!

Enjoy the show though!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    well, if you truly think that, we may have to have a dance battle. however, i will tell you right now, that is not a battle in which you will prevail. i have been known to cause category four hurricanes in and around third world countries at shows of this magnitude.
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    cobainkid wrote:
    First off, hello! This is my first post in what I hope becomes a long line of witty, interesting, and thought provoking comments on Pearl Jam.

I was too late to get floor tickets to the Pittsburgh show on 6/23... and I'm stuck a level up. This is obviously not a good situation, as one cannot rock out in this section. What I am asking is, does anyone here have any tips for getting to the floor without being caught so I can enjoy this show the way it is meant to be enjoyed? thanks.

let me tell you this.. if you're one of those ppl that decide to fight their way up to the front.. and try to squeeze in my row, making me uncomfortable in my own seat.. i will punch you right in the face.. so keep that in the back of your mind while you are trying to "sneak" up to better seats
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    oppie1 wrote:
    let me tell you this.. if you're one of those ppl that decide to fight their way up to the front.. and try to squeeze in my row, making me uncomfortable in my own seat.. i will punch you right in the face.. so keep that in the back of your mind while you are trying to "sneak" up to better seats

yeah i completely understand that. i'm not a pushy person, it takes me 10 minutes to get into school because i won't push past people in line for the metal detectors... i'm not an asshole. you can stop worrying.

but i guarantee i'm a better dancer
  • Options
    cobainkid wrote:

Hey buddy - if you make it in the door, there is not a 'bad' seat.... Just get in and Rock out with your cock out! (just an expression)
    9/26/96 Randall's Island, 8/29/98 Camden NJ, 8/25/00 Jones Beach, 9/2/00 Camden NJ, 4/28/03 Spectrum, 7/8/03 MSG, 10/1/05 Atlantic City, 6/1/06 Meadowlands, 6/3/06 Meadowlands, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/18/10 Newark, 10/21/10 MSG

'Pussies No More!' - ev 6/1/06
  • Options
    Hey buddy - if you make it in the door, there is not a 'bad' seat.... Just get in and Rock out with your cock out! (just an expression)

yes, that is something that absolutely CANNOT be taken literally.
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    There are stationary chairs on the floor too. Trust me, you can rock out on the sides, and its actually a better view than the floor. Anything further than 15 rows back on the floor makes it REALLY hard to see- side sections can be better.
  • Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    There are stationary chairs on the floor too. Trust me, you can rock out on the sides, and its actually a better view than the floor. Anything further than 15 rows back on the floor makes it REALLY hard to see- side sections can be better.

I agree I had floor seats to 3 of 4 shows and I am just over 5 feet. Naturally everyone around me was 6 feet+. Good thing I was:( there for the music. I had side stage seats in Canada and I had a great view.