Bought my first effects pedal!

I just bought a used Hendrix Fuzz Face from a friend of mine. I'm excited to try it out!

I'm not sure its PJ's sound, but are there any songs where Mike or Stone use a fuzz?
Thanks

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Great choice. I definitely hear some fuzzy sounds in their catalog, but they tend to stick more to overdrive. Great thing about the Fuzzface circuit is it can easily get into overdrive territory and they clean up great with volume knob manipulation. Very cool and useful pedals.

As a warning, as many a guitar player has found out, you may have just jump started a pretty sick obsession. My GAS(gear acquisition syndrome) started a few months into my playing and is still going strong over a decade later.

• BHealyBHealy Posts: 466
    DewieCox said:

Great choice. I definitely hear some fuzzy sounds in their catalog, but they tend to stick more to overdrive. Great thing about the Fuzzface circuit is it can easily get into overdrive territory and they clean up great with volume knob manipulation. Very cool and useful pedals.

As a warning, as many a guitar player has found out, you may have just jump started a pretty sick obsession. My GAS(gear acquisition syndrome) started a few months into my playing and is still going strong over a decade later.

Ha! I'm trying to resist the urge badly!!! Thanks for the warning!! :)
  • smcleishsmcleish Posts: 137
    the Octavio and Cry Baby go rather well with the Fuzz Face!!!

...also have you tried the Big Muff???
    smcleish said:

the Octavio and Cry Baby go rather well with the Fuzz Face!!!

...also have you tried the Big Muff???

Thanks! No, I just received the Fuzz face in the mail yesterday, and it is AWESOME. I haven't tried any other effects pedals yet (this is the first one I've bought), but I'm ready for some more (well I don't know if my wife is ready for me to buy more

:-* I was under the impression that pedals wouldn't work with a solid state amp, but realized that is BS. This sounds amazing and is easy to adjust.
  • Try Nothing As It Seems for the solo part, some of the heavier stuff off the newer three records have a fuzz tone
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
    Nothing As It Seems is one of my favorites- Mike seems totally in his element, and uses lots of effects on that one. Thanks!
  • smcleishsmcleish Posts: 137
    The Fuzz Face is one of my favourite pedals, but the Fuzz Face with just a little bit of analogue delay is just sick!
  • Fuzz Face+ Analog Delay+ Phaser/Chorus/Rotary= *Homer's Simpson's drooling noise*
    I can actually dial in much better "Fuzz" with my Les Paul than my strat for some reason...
  • Using your bridge pickup?
    I've tried combinations of all 3 pickups on the strat, its just really "boomy" for lack of a better term.
  • What amp are you using?
    Its actually a solid state Fender Mustang.
    Actually, I got the strat dialed in better for "Cherub Rock" but I'm not sure what I did differently. Played around with the volume I guess...