challenge

good morning! on this cold winter's day here in iowa we are at a sweaty 1 degree fahrenheit which is -17.9 celsius.

anyhow, here's the deal.

so my head has been spinning since our pals switched things up on us over at the club house. i was thinking just now what if we took a break?
in my weird/wild little head i have on my shoulders i like fucking around thinking up shit & i have came to the conclusion that it would be hilarious if all of a sudden nobody was here

seriously... think about it. we keep coming here. please sign me up for more bullshit. i've loved this place since day one of me finding out about it years ago. great people are here & great tunes.

like in (the u.s.) our government it was written long ago that we the people are IT... by the people, for the people. we are the bosses. demand change from those in higher power; this works with everything not just government. oh & by the way, the government currently stinks & needs tweeked big time

somehow i have to take my sorry ass swimming. there's a large hole cut into the ice down at the lake. polar bear time...

kidding, it's a heated indoor water hole

sign out
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    guess not

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    but doesn't it seem that's what they want anyway?

now boycotting the shop.... that would be something
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    It's just odd to me that fixes / downloads / etc. have been researched and made available by a generous member (although I haven't tried them based on principle and stubbornness), but the site itself has been so slow in implementing similar ones - ones that seem to be pretty simple to incorporate. For an organization of this size and longevity, it seems this could've been better communicated and carried out.

That said, while I think it's still hugely lacking in some areas - and still quite sterile-feeling - I've gotten pretty much used to it. Hopefully further bettering it is just around the bend.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157

but doesn't it seem that's what they want anyway?

now boycotting the shop.... that would be something

thank you

it sure as shit isn't worth $40 a year

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    This place has become less and less popular over the years. I've been on the boards since around '02....remember the OLD forum? That place was nuts!
    I think in a few years, this place will be a ghost-town and there are many reasons for it.
    -Banning people for dumb shit.
    -Board censorship out of control.
    -Making a membership mandatory for posting.
    -Terrible TenClub customer service.
    -Bootleg fiasco.
    -Ticketing system that everyone hates.
    -X-mas singles sucking.
    -Terrible new forum.
    -People getting older and having more important things to do than to log onto the boards and go to multiple shows like in the past.

If nobody logged on anymore, I doubt the Pearl Jam corporation would care much. Yeah, they'd lose out in not selling whatever gimmicky shop items they add (tracksuit, dog chains, etc.) but they'll still sell out shows. Their bread and butter is their live shows...which is really the only reason I have a membership anymore....a potential shot at a decent ticket or event (like Wrigley and PJ20).
  • I've been thinking the same thing chadwick.
    But I'm also trying to see if I will grow accustomed to it. I recall the last few board changes I did like either, so I was hoping it would turn around...I do like some things about this one, but it does feel clunky and sterile. I think a ton of people have already jumped ship.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    hedonist said:

Hopefully further bettering it is just around the bend.

wah!

did you see me? i saw you.