Remember when AET was a whole lot of fun to read?

Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
edited January 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

Remember when AET was a whole lot of fun to read? 23 votes

Yes - ahh the good old days
56%
mca47prismQuarterToTendrivingrldecides2dreamjosevolutionWobbieIndifference71Empty GlassSD48277RKCNDY81backseatLover12 13 votes
What are you talking about? It's still a must read.
4%
quasi 1 vote
It's still fun, but the new forum has put a damper on things
39%
Poncierkeelycandimitrispearljamguitar59YardenLeezestarr313looloolooPJ_Soulshetellsherself 9 votes

Comments

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I think it needs a third option:

It was never fun to read and still isn't

:D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    thefixer9 said:

Boooo, there was a time
    :ar!

(Back when the smileys were better)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376

thefixer9 said:

Boooo, there was a time

thefixer9 said:

Boooo, there was a time

But look at all these new and approved smileys!

>-) :-B 3:-O :!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    :(|)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    The change has not been our friend, but the same people are around, which is what really matters in the end.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    PJ_Soul said:

The change has not been our friend, but the same people are around, which is what really matters in the end.

not all of them.

. I liked the board before pay to post. A lot of fun people forced to leave.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I'll try and clarify a little. I see the same topics on page 1 all the time with no new posts. (Actually kind of nice since search doesn't work)

This place used to be my time killer at work...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I miss a lot of people that used to come in here...twisty ties, Lizard, iluvcats...that acid miner guy...*sigh*

I 'might' miss 81...a teeny tiny bit.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    yeah it was way better a lot of people left ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    around what year would you consider the "good old days"?
    did you see me? i saw you.
    right before backspacer and THAT update.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    there was a time when I could f**k with the same people day in, day out....now, I can't even find those threads :-w
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    read? i remember when it was fun to participate

10c is, albeit slowly, killing the boards they hate oh so much...a shame really
    edited January 2014
    imalive said:

there was a time when I could f**k with the same people day in, day out....now, I can't even find those threads :-w

I do like THAT smilie though. Along the lines of the point to the watch one.

:!! :-@ this one will get you banned if its directed at anyone. L-)
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

norm said:

It was hard to keep up with the insanity. Glad i got to get a little taste of that before, 10C menopause.

edited January 2014
    mickeyrat said:

PJ_Soul said:

not all of them.

Well, that's true, so people have bailed. Peacefrompaul got a lifetime ban for a nooger emoticon, too. :( I will miss him.
    Yeah, it's not what it used to be..... but I'm trying to stay positive. I think it will pick up again soon enough, when 10C clues into the fact that a member came up with something that fixes most of the layout issues, or all the members clue into the fix and download it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Whats a nooger emoticon? I can't believe such a smart (seemingly good) person like peacefrompaul has been banned, that's incredibly unfortunate.

aw, not the little nugget!

i have a feeling they want to get rid of the board entirely.
  • It's still fun, but the new forum has put a damper on things
    norm said:

:(
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    It's been a goofy, irrelevant chat fest for many years now with endless threads that drag on forever.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    PJ_Soul said:

mickeyrat said:

PJ_Soul said:

not all of them.

Well, that's true, so people have bailed. Peacefrompaul got a lifetime ban for a nooger emoticon, too. :( I will miss him.
    Yeah, it's not what it used to be..... but I'm trying to stay positive. I think it will pick up again soon enough, when 10C clues into the fact that a member came up with something that fixes most of the layout issues, or all the members clue into the fix and download it.
    Lifetime ban for an emoticon? That seems extreme (almost dictatorship-extreme) I'm sad to hear he is gone; I enjoyed reading his posts.
    ELITIST FUK
    know1 said:

It's been a goofy, irrelevant chat fest for many years now with endless threads that drag on forever.

yeah, but without it a lot of friendships/connections would not have been made.... and where would pearl jam be without it's "community" that they now use as a selling point for people to join the fan club?

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

mickeyrat said:

PJ_Soul said:

not all of them.

Whoa. Just saw this.

What the fuck?

I was (am) fond of the young-but-wise Tool-loving dude.

Not right, Ten Club!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I can't believe peacefrompaul has a lifetime ban ?!? I haven't been on here as often because I'm just NOT happy with this format and its a cold place to be.... I've made some good friends on here and quite a few have left over the years, and I miss them very much.

********************************************************************************************* image
    Seriously, anyone?? Whats a nooger emoticon?
    edited January 2014

I can't believe peacefrompaul has a lifetime ban ?!? I haven't been on here as often because I'm just NOT happy with this format and its a cold place to be.... I've made some good friends on here and quite a few have left over the years, and I miss them very much.

Well, actually he kind of deserved it, lol. And he didn't want to be here anymore. He basically chose to get banned.
    But yeah, it's always sad to see people disappear!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited January 2014
    Idris said:

Seriously, anyone?? Whats a nooger emoticon?

It was a cartoon guy jerking off... and then he ignored a warning and repeated the same basic thing but worse. So yeah, he took a high dive off the forum, lol.
    Lmao, alright.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Can I choose more than one answer? I remember the good old days altho I was more of a lurker then. It was pretty freaking funny. It was still a lot of fun even through all the different changes. People got used to the new versions and carried on.

Now I can't believe how EVERYBODY has disappeared. I don't think damper is quite the right word for this new forum design.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • It is fun for me but I'm new so all I have for frame of reference is the old posts. Although it does look like a good time was being had and in comparison current posts seem a little tame.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.