Options

Parking at Camden

dburbadburba Qatar Posts: 39
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I've never been to this venue, are the official parking lots free?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Parking is not free (usually about $10-$20 depending on the lot. It is a nightmare trying to get in and out of too.

Have fun. Will be dealing with these issues tomorrow night. Although I might just take the ferry over.
    Columbia, MD - 9/24/96
    Camden, NJ - 8/29/98
    East Rutherford, NJ - 9/8/98
    Columbia, MD - 9/18/98
    Camden, NJ - 9/1/00
    Camden, NJ - 9/2/00
    Camden, NJ - 7/6/03
    Washington, DC - 10/11/04
    Camden, NJ - 6/20/08
  • Options
    Aunt CherylAunt Cheryl Haddonfield, NJ Posts: 8
    Parking is not free -- about $10 to $20 depending on how close you park.

The neighborhood is NOT good surrounding the venue, so don't wander off.

See you tonight!
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Nope :( Bring your Andrew Jackson !
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    mosvarmosvar Posts: 2
    Ya people always say don't wander off. You'd have to go pretty far in to get into a problem. I have been going to and working shows there for ten years (I live right next door in Collingswood). The number one rule is don't buy tickets from the 'help' they r fakes.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Gonna have to figure this out tonight myself.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    dburbadburba Qatar Posts: 39
    Are there certain lots that are "better" than others? Sorry for all the questions. Only reason I really care is that I have to work early the next morning and would like to get started on the 2-hour drive as quickly as possible after the show.
  • Options
    evanevan Posts: 27
    Hi All,

Driving down from NYC and staying in Philly. Can someone tell me if the better, safer, easier option (ignoring cost) is:

1. Lots at venue
    2. Park at my hotel and take Ferry (does it run late? I assume so)

Staying at Sheration Society, 1 Dock Street

Thanks
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010

The neighborhood is NOT good surrounding the venue, so don't wander off.

Wow! Sound like fun! :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    evan wrote:
    Hi All,

Driving down from NYC and staying in Philly. Can someone tell me if the better, safer, easier option (ignoring cost) is:

1. Lots at venue

Thanks

From Sheraton, safer option is Ferry. You're so close to it. It does run late. You might be looking at a 30-45 minute wait before/after the show depending on what time you get on it.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    evan wrote:
    Hi All,

1. Lots at venue

Thanks

I would say take the ferry- less hassle by far and possibly cheaper. Do double check the last ride I think it is 12-12:30 on a concert night.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    Thanks so much Philly friends!
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    mosvar wrote:
    Ya people always say don't wander off. You'd have to go pretty far in to get into a problem. I have been going to and working shows there for ten years (I live right next door in Collingswood). The number one rule is don't buy tickets from the 'help' they r fakes.

Take it from me, who was attacked in September 2006 after a Roger Waters show, that folks shouldn't wander off. My friend and I got surrounded by a dozen dudes just looking to pop someone after goddamn security led us down the wrong street. I got sucker-punched in the corner of my jaw -- didn't even see the guy -- and couldn't eat for about five days. I'm just thankful God got me on my feet in a split second. We got the hell out of there, walking as fast as we could. To run would've spurred them on to follow us.
  • Options
    this is america.....nothing's free
    if hope could grow from dirt like me.....

"well I know for sure that if we met up eye-to-eye....a little wine would bring us closer...you and I"...Pete Townshend
  • Options
    Last question - as it stands, it looks like I will rush to make the last (7PM) ferry. In the experience of any people who have gone to events there, does the 7 PM "sell out"? Or will I be able to walk up right at 6:55 and get tickets. The ferry looks decently sized...

Thanks again!
  • Options
    PIPERSTONPIPERSTON Posts: 11
    I saw Phish at Camden back in 2000 and I assume the scene is the same now. As it has been discussed above, the area around the venue is NOT SAFE. Stay in large groups or, better yet, take the ferry from Philly. That is what we did and we had no problems walking back to our hotel in Philly. There is plenty of time to catch the ferry after the show.

Everyone have fun tonight and be safe.

Andrew
    Waterloo, IA

7-8-95 Milwaukee
    6-26-98 East Troy
    4-1-03 Denver
  • Options
    PIPERSTON wrote:
    I saw Phish at Camden back in 2000 and I assume the scene is the same now. As it has been discussed above, the area around the venue is NOT SAFE. Stay in large groups or, better yet, take the ferry from Philly. That is what we did and we had no problems walking back to our hotel in Philly. There is plenty of time to catch the ferry after the show.

Everyone have fun tonight and be safe.

Andrew
    Waterloo, IA

7-8-95 Milwaukee
    6-26-98 East Troy
    4-1-03 Denver

Yeah I was at Camden back in 2000 for OZZFEST and it wasn't the safest place but not all that bad from what I remember...Just do like any other city, be smart, don't wander off in any alleys and stay with friends etc...

When I was there back in 2000 for Ozzfest some crackhead in the parking lot used my car door as a shield to block the wind so he can light his crack pipe...lol...that was what I encountered...nothing crazy... It's happened to me here in Ottawa as well...let them do there thing....lol
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    GlttrGrrlGlttrGrrl Posts: 129
    I drove last night. I should tkae 30 mintes to/from where I'm staying in Philly. Getting there was fine. Parking was $20 and getting home? WTF???? It took me almost 2 hours. I was stuck in traffic for more than an hour just trying to get back over a bridge...any bridge...into Philly.

Is it better to take the ferry or something? It was unbearable last night, and I was not a happy camper. Any tips for different lots to park in or something that would get me to the Ben Franklin Bridge instead of sending me over a mile south at 2MPH toward the walt whitman bridge, totally out of the way and in the wrong direction???

HELP!!!