dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    LukinFan said:

dankind said:

LukinFan said:

dankind said:

LukinFan said:

dankind said:

Love these. So cool making other dreams come true

Ooooh! Can I be next? This is my grail. Get crackin', folks.

:!! :-\" [-O< :-<
    If only you weren't a Gator. haha
    My high school team was the Seminoles, but our colors were orange and blue.

We covered all the Florida bases -- well, the ones that matter anyway. (Our crosstown rival was the Hurricanes.)
    haha that's funny. We were the Seminoles too - but we were the proper colors - garnet and gold. Making a Seminoles team orange and blue is just wrong!
    Heh.

From a New York Times article in November 2010, when FSU sent my high school a cease-and-desist:
    Some high schools fight back. In August, Florida State sent a cease-and-desist letter to Southeast High School in Bradenton, Fla., regarding its Seminoles logo. Southeast argued that it had used the mark for 30 years without incident, and its colors are orange and blue — Florida’s colors — unlike Florida State’s garnet and gold.

No self-respecting Florida State fan would buy an orange-and-blue Seminoles head,” said John Bowen, a lawyer for the Manatee County School District.

The former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden made several recruiting visits to Southeast High, ostensibly becoming aware of the logos, but the university never pursued the issue.

“If you sit on your right as a plaintiff and don’t go after someone as soon as you find out they’re infringing on your rights, you may lose the ability to go after them,” Wasylik said.

This month, Florida State and Southeast High reached an agreement that allowed the high school to use the logos as long as they were not used differently than they had been in the past.
    Crazy - it's all about money.

To be fair, UF did the same thing to a school with a Gators mascot.

Also, FSU might've just been trying to get Southeast back for Dillard's discounter Peter Warrick.

At any rate, I take it Alli didn't win the flyaway, so our date is off.

S'OK.

Hopefully, I'll see you for a show in Florida soon, Rog.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,611
    edited May 2014
    Wow. I am so surprised the college teams care. If anything, it's free advertising. My high school teams were the Seahawks and we totally copied the Seahawks logo, but it was blue and yellow. Glad Seattle didn't get wind of it! :P
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    dankind said:

LukinFan said:

dankind said:

LukinFan said:

dankind said:

LukinFan said:

dankind said:

Love these. So cool making other dreams come true

Ooooh! Can I be next? This is my grail. Get crackin', folks.

:!! :-\" [-O< :-<
    If only you weren't a Gator. haha
    My high school team was the Seminoles, but our colors were orange and blue.

We covered all the Florida bases -- well, the ones that matter anyway. (Our crosstown rival was the Hurricanes.)
    haha that's funny. We were the Seminoles too - but we were the proper colors - garnet and gold. Making a Seminoles team orange and blue is just wrong!
    Heh.

From a New York Times article in November 2010, when FSU sent my high school a cease-and-desist:
    Some high schools fight back. In August, Florida State sent a cease-and-desist letter to Southeast High School in Bradenton, Fla., regarding its Seminoles logo. Southeast argued that it had used the mark for 30 years without incident, and its colors are orange and blue — Florida’s colors — unlike Florida State’s garnet and gold.

No self-respecting Florida State fan would buy an orange-and-blue Seminoles head,” said John Bowen, a lawyer for the Manatee County School District.

The former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden made several recruiting visits to Southeast High, ostensibly becoming aware of the logos, but the university never pursued the issue.

“If you sit on your right as a plaintiff and don’t go after someone as soon as you find out they’re infringing on your rights, you may lose the ability to go after them,” Wasylik said.

This month, Florida State and Southeast High reached an agreement that allowed the high school to use the logos as long as they were not used differently than they had been in the past.
    Crazy - it's all about money.
    To be fair, UF did the same thing to a school with a Gators mascot.

Also, FSU might've just been trying to get Southeast back for Dillard's discounter Peter Warrick.

At any rate, I take it Alli didn't win the flyaway, so our date is off.

S'OK.

Hopefully, I'll see you for a show in Florida soon, Rog.

Dillards incident? I have no idea what you are talking about haha

Sounds great Dan - hopefully the rumors are true.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    PJ_Soul said:

Wow. I am so surprised the college teams care. If anything, it's free advertising. My high school teams were the Seahawks and we totally copied the Seahawks logo, but it was blue and yellow. Glad Seattle didn't get wind of it! :P

Yeah, I agree. It's crazy. It's all about that all mighty dollar.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1