Phaser, Roto, and OD

Just curious, how do some of you arrange them and why? I go rotospher -> phaser ->overdrive. I really don't expect many replies, this page seems pretty dead.

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I actually don't have a phaser or rotosphere, but I have a couple similar pedals. I have my vibe pedal before my od's and then a flanger after, between the dirts and delay/reverb section.

The vibe sounds more subtle and natural, to my ears.

With the od heating up the signal going into the flanger it makes it much more pronounced and in your face.

For me, it's almost like one vintage option and one more modern sounding option.

• I like them before, to me it sounds more warm and watery, and can sometimes sound a little mushed. I've been digging the mushed up loud sound here recently. The rotosphere is an awesome petal, but it's noisy. I have a déjà vibe, but it just doesn't sound as good as the h&k roto.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I like the variety, but if I had to pick one pedal or the other it would definitely go in front of the drives.

I think the noise is a part of vibe pedals. I did a pretty extensive search when I was looking for a vibe and about all of them had noise issues. I checked into the Dejavibe extensively and it felt like a "jack of all trades, master of none" to me. I prefer the vintage voiced version so it was eliminated pretty early. Ended up with an MJM 60s Vibe and I couldn't be happier. It's freakin' beautiful sounding.
  • Amp-Phaser-OD-Rot-Guitar

Fender roc-Pro 700-MXR Phase 90-OD/Distortions-Rotovibe-BBE Soulvibe-Guitar
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy