A lovely way for a band to honour a fan...Here is a story I found online

Now I'm not familiar with this band, but I thought I'd share this story here, because I thought it was such a lovely thing for a band to do.

musicfeeds.com.au/tv/watch-edward-sharpe-and-the-magnetic-zeros-all-wash-out/
"Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros‘s latest, All Wash Out, is one hell of a tear-jerker. It was originally shot by 20-year-old Danish fan Sophia Glaser for a music video competition, before she tragically passed away in her sleep after suffering a brain haemorrhage.

Sophia’s sister Luna screened the clip at her memorial service before sending the video to Sharpe and company, who chose to release it as their official video. Luna says Sophia was never meant to act in the video, but in a twist of fate, stepped in when the original actor pulled out.

“It gives indescribable joy and comfort to be able to turn to this video, during this period of grieving and to know that it will stay with us. She spread such an unbelievable amount of joy and light during her – much too short – life".
The video is here & in the "About" section on youtube you can read the letter written to the band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBZCmJ3YKL0#t=19
PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com

Comments

• so cool,thanbks for sharing
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    It was a great thing to do.