Options

Trouble for Christie

2»

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    polls are showing that he has not really taken much of a hit since the scandal came to light. he is under some crazy amount of investigations now, so i am sure more is going to come out at some point.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

polls are showing that he has not really taken much of a hit since the scandal came to light. he is under some crazy amount of investigations now, so i am sure more is going to come out at some point.

Yep. But just to rub it in to all the Obama haters out there? Where's all the dirt they found on him? Surely, they must have found some really beefy stuff other than that he smoked pot when he was younger or that his birth certificate is still missing... image
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Always nice to know that there are psychopaths working side-by-side with the nation's leaders. 8-|

I don't believe Christie knew about this crazy plan though, and do believe that he's stunned by what happened, so I don't see why it should affect his political career.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,859
    You really believe that he had nothing to do with it? He was just smart enough not to e-mail about it.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    a5pj said:

You really believe that he had nothing to do with it? He was just smart enough not to e-mail about it.

Yeah, sure, I think it seems like a reasonable belief. I find it harder to believe that he would have anything at all to do with something so ridiculous and threatening to his career for something so amazingly petty. Not every politician is insane you know. ;)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,859
    PJ_Soul said:

a5pj said:

Yeah, sure, I think it seems like a reasonable belief. I find it harder to believe that he would have anything at all to do with something so ridiculous and threatening to his career for something so amazingly petty. Not every politician is insane you know. ;)

I see your point but he's also done other things he said he wouldn't do. The special election costing 11 mil to get another R in a seat, when elected he said an election like that would be a huge waste of taxpayer money, but I guess he was just playing the game.

I did like how he fought to get NJ money during Sandy and told off some fox news reporters when he was being asked stupid questions.

I just can't see one of his top aides pulling a stunt like that without him knowing, they wouldn't run a move like that by him, knowing it might threaten his career down the road?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    a5pj said:

PJ_Soul said:

a5pj said:

I see your point but he's also done other things he said he wouldn't do. The special election costing 11 mil to get another R in a seat, when elected he said an election like that would be a huge waste of taxpayer money, but I guess he was just playing the game.

I did like how he fought to get NJ money during Sandy and told off some fox news reporters when he was being asked stupid questions.

I just can't see one of his top aides pulling a stunt like that without him knowing, they wouldn't run a move like that by him, knowing it might threaten his career down the road?
    Not saying it's not possible he was involved, but I haven't seen any reason to assume he is yet, that's all. I need proof on this one (and I do not normally give politicians the benefit of the doubt... in this case, though, it just seems a bit too ridiculous for me to assume he knew about it). The assistant or whoever she is, however, is clearly absolutely out of her mind. If Christie actually approved this stunt, then he is too. I just haven't had the impression before that he is nuts, so it's hard to believe he would give the go ahead on this.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    what a suprise ...another bogus polition...soon he and jessy jackson jr. will be cellies :bz

Godfather.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Politician , Does
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I was actually considering voting for the guy if he ran in 2016 cuz he actually is really moderate compared to other Republicans.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options

I was actually considering voting for the guy if he ran in 2016 cuz he actually is really moderate compared to other Republicans.

You might have to vote Dem now.
    :D <:-P
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

You might have to vote Dem now.
    :D <:-P </p>
    We'll see how it goes. haha
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Chris Christie Is Over

Most damning, three of his top aides (former Deputy Chief of Staff Kelly, former strategist Mike DuHaime and the prosecution’s star witness, former Port Authority official and one-time Christie henchman, David Wildstein) have now testified under oath that Christie knew of the lane closures—ones that would strand thousands of motorists on the George Washington Bridge—in advance. Prosecutors have maintained that the lanes were closed by Kelly and Baroni as retribution against the mayor of Fort Lee, Mark Sokolich, who refused to endorse Christie during the governor’s re-election campaign, and whose residents were most affected by the obscene traffic delays, (the defense teams have maintained their clients’ innocence against nine charges of corruption and fraud).

On Friday, Kelly testified that she reviewed the plan with Christie on August 12th, 2013—nearly a month before the lanes were closed for an alleged “traffic study.” This directly contradicts what Christie has maintained all along, most famously in his 108 minute-long press conference on January 9th of 2014, immediately following the Bridgegate allegations—saying he had no knowledge of the lane closures:

“I had no knowledge or involvement in this issue, in its planning or it execution,” said Christie, “and I am stunned by the abject stupidity that was shown here.”

The fact that three of his consiglieres have testified exactly otherwise is very bad for Christie, but it’s perhaps the stuff the governor did afterwards that is unprecedented.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/chris-christie-is-over/505241/
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    dignin said:

Chris Christie Is Over

Most damning, three of his top aides (former Deputy Chief of Staff Kelly, former strategist Mike DuHaime and the prosecution’s star witness, former Port Authority official and one-time Christie henchman, David Wildstein) have now testified under oath that Christie knew of the lane closures—ones that would strand thousands of motorists on the George Washington Bridge—in advance. Prosecutors have maintained that the lanes were closed by Kelly and Baroni as retribution against the mayor of Fort Lee, Mark Sokolich, who refused to endorse Christie during the governor’s re-election campaign, and whose residents were most affected by the obscene traffic delays, (the defense teams have maintained their clients’ innocence against nine charges of corruption and fraud).

On Friday, Kelly testified that she reviewed the plan with Christie on August 12th, 2013—nearly a month before the lanes were closed for an alleged “traffic study.” This directly contradicts what Christie has maintained all along, most famously in his 108 minute-long press conference on January 9th of 2014, immediately following the Bridgegate allegations—saying he had no knowledge of the lane closures:

“I had no knowledge or involvement in this issue, in its planning or it execution,” said Christie, “and I am stunned by the abject stupidity that was shown here.”

The fact that three of his consiglieres have testified exactly otherwise is very bad for Christie, but it’s perhaps the stuff the governor did afterwards that is unprecedented.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/chris-christie-is-over/505241/

yep...couldn't happen to a bigger douche

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Glad this is catching up to him what a conceded asshole he always thinks he's above everyone else, I hope this puts an end to his political career !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

dignin said:

Chris Christie Is Over

yep...couldn't happen to a bigger douche

It was like the Governor had the mindset of a frat house or something. One of the more ridiculous things I've heard of a Governor doing. I mean, grow the fuck up, idiot.