Options

Scots Vs The Irish!

Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
So if Pearl Jam do play T in the Park and Oxygen, which one should I go to?

Irish or Scots.........who will give me the best weekend??
Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Having been to Oxegen, I would recommend TinTP :p
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Alive 79 wrote:
    So if Pearl Jam do play T in the Park and Oxygen, which one should I go to?

T in the Park has been going longer which might mean it is better organised.. I heard some horrific stories about travelling to Oxegen from people on this forum

also T in the Park has won the award for "Best Festival" at the annual awards for two years in a row, in 2005 and 2006.

the only snag is that T in the Park tickets go on sale soon... and they'll be gone in 2-3 hours... now as usual we dont have a 10club announcement that they are playing, which means when they announce they are playing it will mean all the tickets will be sold... cool huh!!!!

Oxegen tickets dont sell out as fast
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
    The location of T in the Park seems bit far out though. Where would I fly to?
    Don't know why I'm worrying really as they probably wont even play there.
    Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    im irish and i say go for t in the park!!!!

oxegen is a nightmare to get to and the facilities leave a lot to be desired..

good crowd though :)
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    Alive 79 wrote:
    The location of T in the Park seems bit far out though. Where would I fly to?
    Don't know why I'm worrying really as they probably wont even play there.

fly to glasgow, as they run a shuttle bus to Kinross that takes you straight to the site!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:

silly national patriotism aside... both sets of fans will be brilliant... the irish and us scots know how to party and we like to drink... so the brilliance of both sets of fans is a plus factor for both festivals :cool:

it comes down to the actual festival management.. and i think T is ahead on that one...
  • Options
    Alive 79 wrote:

If you have to ask... the Scots can have ya :p

I've only been to oxegen once last year and, apart from the tent burning at the end, I thought it was excellent... but that's just me by the looks of things :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060

I've only been to oxegen once last year and, apart from the tent burning at the end, I thought it was excellent... but that's just me by the looks of things :)

Tent burning ? Was there some Wicker Man type stuff going on...?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    Tent burning ? Was there some Wicker Man type stuff going on...?
    Well the last day, those who weren't bothering to bring their tents with them decided to burn them :rolleyes: and it turned out to be contagious. There were fires all over the place. It was like Beirut.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    belfast1 wrote:
    im irish and i say go for t in the park!!!!

oxegen is a nightmare to get to and the facilities leave a lot to be desired..

Did you really think the crowd were good?

I left with a real disdain for oxegen purely becuase of the 80% wanker element in the crowd.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    The problem with Oxegen is that a large contingent of scum go every year, and the security is fairly lax. Put these two together and it can be fairly unpleasant. I found that aside from the camping (i.e., the festival area itself), Oxegen is fairly good. The Who, The Strokes, Ben Harper and The Zutons all had really a good crowd/atmosphere last year. It's the camping part that's different.

I also went the Reading last year and the level of organization was just far superior to that of Oxegen.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options

this was the silly patriotism i was speaking of :p
  • Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    Oxegen is shit!!I hope and pray PJ don't lower themselves to play at this heap of shit festival that's just wall to wall wankers with G.A.A. jerseys on.Fuckin tools,every one.
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    gaz wrote:
    Oxegen is shit!!I hope and pray PJ don't lower themselves to play at this heap of shit festival that's just wall to wall wankers with G.A.A. jerseys on.Fuckin tools,every one.

LOL yeh, they're all from the bog arse end of beyond for their big weekend out!... All GAA matches are cancelled that weekend across the whole country, fact.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    leashleash Posts: 79
    It was like Beirut

Haha
    ......we were but stones, your light made us stars......

2005 - Kitchener/London/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006 - Astoria/Dublin/Leeds/Reading/Bologna/Verona/Milan/Torino
    2007 - London/Copenhagen/Lollapalooza!!!

http://www.myspace.com/afraid_not_scared