Downton Abbey Season 4 Tonight(No Spoilers Please)

Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
edited January 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
U.S. Folks, starts tonight. Bought time.

I know there are existing threads, but Search feature doesnt work and Im not in the mood to dig.
And so you see, I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you.
Post edited by Dr. Delight on

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Just asking our friends in the UK not to post spoilers!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Just asking our friends in the UK not to post spoilers!

Good point, I'll add that to the title.
    I cant edit, so no Spoilers before the aired episode please..this goes out to Euro's who have already viewed Season 4.

I cant edit, so no Spoilers before the aired episode please..this goes out to Euro's who have already viewed Season 4.

It's showing up edited for me.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,771
    I'm up to the Christmas episode now. But I won't say anything.
    I miss igotid88
    Nice start to the Season. Wasnt expecting the 2-HR season premiere episode. Apparently there are a couple more 2 hr episodes this season?
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and it seems a little.....boring this season. Not sure why.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    I thought it was a pretty good kick off to the new season.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
    I liked it except the subplot about Carson's old friend. Didn't seem much point to it except to give Cora a reason to rescue somebody.
    I have a feeling that Rose is going to get on my nerves.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    lazloblue said:

I thought it was a pretty good kick off to the new season.

did you see me? i saw you.
    Watched the second episode last night. Really!! Did we have to do that to Anna?
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
    That bothered me a lot. Can't imagine how things will play out. Bates could tear that guy apart.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    My wife was watching this last week and I noticed this Mr. Carson guy. I thought he looked familiar and then it came to me. He's Deja Vu from the classic 1984 movie Top Secret starring Val Kilmer.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Lots of intrigue going on in this episode and next week it appears.
    Well, this show is becoming a right downer. I don't like the new tone of it.

Well, this show is becoming a right downer. I don't like the new tone of it.

I agree! Hope it snaps out of it!
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    best season so far. so looking forward to the next!

i forget all my troubles when i watch this show. <3<3<3
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I think it's gotten better, but it was a slog there for a while this season. And Lady Mary has been a queen bitch. But I'm liking her more. Give me my Mr. Bates.
  • I'm curious to see what they do with Tom's character next season. Also wondering about Edyth's boyfriend. I'd started to think that maybe he was a con man and would leave her in the lurch. Now I'm really wondering what's going on with him.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

I'm curious to see what they do with Tom's character next season. Also wondering about Edyth's boyfriend. I'd started to think that maybe he was a con man and would leave her in the lurch. Now I'm really wondering what's going on with him.

I love Tom's character. Edyth's boyfriend disappearance is sort of annoying - it isn't very satisfying and it feels sort of fake. We haven't watched the last one - it's the finale, right?

• Enkidu said:

I'm curious to see what they do with Tom's character next season. Also wondering about Edyth's boyfriend. I'd started to think that maybe he was a con man and would leave her in the lurch. Now I'm really wondering what's going on with him.

I love Tom's character. Edyth's boyfriend disappearance is sort of annoying - it isn't very satisfying and it feels sort of fake. We haven't watched the last one - it's the finale, right?

Yeah, this latest episode is the finale. Like I said, I'd started to think that the boyfriend wasn't on the level--srsly, going to live in Germany so he can get a divorce? So him disappearing seemed to fit with my theory, except they keep giving details about him, so now I don't know what to think.
    Did they air the Christmas episode?
    I miss igotid88
    Michelle Dockery is on Conan
    I miss igotid88
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

Enkidu said:

Yeah, this latest episode is the finale. Like I said, I'd started to think that the boyfriend wasn't on the level--srsly, going to live in Germany so he can get a divorce? So him disappearing seemed to fit with my theory, except they keep giving details about him, so now I don't know what to think.
    Do you think that guy that cheats at cards may have paid those toughs to kill him? Since he showed him up by catching him cheating

Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep said:

Enkidu said:

Do you think that guy that cheats at cards may have paid those toughs to kill him? Since he showed him up by catching him cheating

Great theory! hadn't thought of that.