Options

Need Help from Willing Friends and PJ Fans...

Hi everyone,
I am turning to you all because I am seriously in need of help to get something down that is VERY important to me and many others. A lot of you know my son, Sammy, is a leukemia survivor and Mike wore his support band throughout the show in Missoula. Well I am happy to say Sammy is doing wonderfully...but many other children are not. This last month I personally said goodbye to two beautiful children, one of whom was Sammys fellow fighter..they went through everything together. Needless to say, the children continue to need support.

There is a petition to light the White House GOLD this September (Children's Cancer Awareness Month). We need the petition (linked below) to be signed by enough people for it to be looked at by the government. Believe it or not, this same partition gained twice as many votes as was needed last year but the government turned it down stating...well nothing really, they just didn't want to do it.

Every day 7 children die of cancer in the US. 36 children are diagnosed each day...many survivors (94%) will have severe complications later in life...before the age of 30...due to the archaic chemo and radiation regimens they have to suffer that are made for adult bodies.

4% of government funding for cancer research and development goes to ALL types of children's cancer. That is wrong!!!! The adult radiation programs have left children badly burned and many children have severe physical issues after the chemo they receive. Sammy is one of the lucky ones, he only needs PT and counseling at the moment.

Please sign and pass on this petition to everyone you know. We need to reach the goal before January 26th. I am not asking for money or anything for myself or my son...but I am fighting for other children...the 7 who passed away today, the 36 who will be diagnosed tomorrow. Please click on the link and sign. The White House going Gold will not save a life..but it will raise awareness and with that comes funding and the chance to change how pediatric cancer is such a little known or understood monster.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/display-gold-ribbon-and-or-light-white-house-gold-september-childhood-cancer-awareness-month/qDwkVwSG

Thank you so much,
Katy xxx

Comments