Why?

SnowRiderSnowRider Posts: 55
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I have read countless threads about people moaning about how they don't play this and that. WHY??? Here is a stat that is kind of "hard to imagine." IT should put things into perspective and appreciate the talent and skill these people have.
So far on this tour Pearl Jam have played 102 different songs in 16 shows. Think about that. Makes me go WOW. I love this band. Where else in music today can you get that kind of variety in a live show from 1 band. UHH No where.
Calgary 04/09/05, Las Vegas 06/07/06, The Gorge 22/07/06 23/07/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KMK182KMK182 Posts: 16
    SnowRider wrote:
    I have read countless threads about people moaning about how they don't play this and that. WHY??? Here is a stat that is kind of "hard to imagine." IT should put things into perspective and appreciate the talent and skill these people have.
    So far on this tour Pearl Jam have played 102 different songs in 16 shows. Think about that. Makes me go WOW. I love this band. Where else in music today can you get that kind of variety in a live show from 1 band. UHH No where.

Completly true. I was bored at work today and made a spreadsheet of all the songs on the 8 CDs and then highlighted the ones that I've seen live. I've been to 6 shows since April 2003. Out of 104 album tracks (my memory may be off) - I've seen 61. And that's not including b-sides or covers. Out of the 43 I've never seen 17 were from Yield or No Code. That's out of 6 shows in the past 3 years. So I'm sure the people who've been around have seen a lot. I was never able to go to a show before than simply because I lived in the middle of nowhere and didn't have the money or a car to go to shows.

So yes, Pearl Jam does aim to please. I saw the Foo Fighters back in October and it was all the singles and a few songs from the new CD. That's how most bands are. Shit out the singles and a few new tunes and that's it. Pearl Jam really goes out of there way. Who else would open a show with a b-side?
    05.28.06: Camden
    05.27.06: Camden
    10.03.05: Philly
    10.01.04: Reading
    07.12.03: Hershey
    04.26.03: Pittsburgh
  • doogdoog Posts: 59
    I hear ya Snowrider! That really is an impressive stat. I think we kinda get spoiled by all the variety, and as fans maybe we get a little carried away at times w/ all the requests-although i guess it's all part of the fun of being a PJ fan..

Last fall, i saw U2 and i looked at the setlists on their website from the previous shows on that tour. It was the first time i had done that before going to see a band, other than w/ PJ. I found that the predictability factor of knowing what song(s) were coming (U2 didn't change the setlist that much throughout the tour.) really took alot of the excitement/anticipation out of the night..
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    SnowRider wrote:
    Where else in music today can you get that kind of variety in a live show from 1 band. UHH No where.

The Black Crowes
  • KMK182 wrote:
    Completly true. I was bored at work today and made a spreadsheet of all the songs on the 8 CDs and then highlighted the ones that I've seen live. I've been to 6 shows since April 2003. Out of 104 album tracks (my memory may be off) - I've seen 61. And that's not including b-sides or covers. Out of the 43 I've never seen 17 were from Yield or No Code. That's out of 6 shows in the past 3 years. So I'm sure the people who've been around have seen a lot. I was never able to go to a show before than simply because I lived in the middle of nowhere and didn't have the money or a car to go to shows.

So yes, Pearl Jam does aim to please. I saw the Foo Fighters back in October and it was all the singles and a few songs from the new CD. That's how most bands are. Shit out the singles and a few new tunes and that's it. Pearl Jam really goes out of there way. Who else would open a show with a b-side?

if you to skyiscrape, browse around, you enter the shows ya been to & they tell you how many times you seen each song, its quite amazing, one of the many reasons they are the most amazing band in the world
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    if you to skyiscrape, browse around, you enter the shows ya been to & they tell you how many times you seen each song, its quite amazing, one of the many reasons they are the most amazing band in the world
    That is fun, I just did it. I personally don't care what I hear or how many times I've heard it, but it is kinda fun to see which ones you're missing or which ones you've heard a bunch. Even if you've heard the same song alot, it's different at every show anyway. That is one thing I love about the boots. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • rodrod Posts: 96
    I don't complain I think they are amazing setlist
    I’ll swallow poison, until I grow immune
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room

The Ocean is full Cause Everyone's Crying
  • LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,418
    SnowRider wrote:

I completely agree
    I think they've been to many shows and now are spoiled.